Begining of Episode 6

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Begining of Episode 6

Postby samlai » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:28 am

rawR~! :).

I don't see why you shouldn't post a reply when you realized you have a whole load of words to blurt out even if it's an old topic! As long as it isn't deleted or locked, it means you can post! :twisted:
SamLai

A tRue 5eEkeR nEva s+oPs. MaY tHe +Ruth AlwAy5 bE w|f y0u.
LiFe |s shor+, |eAd LiFe 2 da MAX!!
Da Adrenalin Rush 5eeker
Yamakazi - aka - Alkaiser
samlai
Wanderer

Re: Begining of Episode 6

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:45 am

Greater Theory of Topic Necromancy :
Topics die because nobody wants to talk about them. ONE person wanting to talk about them does not warrant their revival because one person generally is not important. Topics are active because multiple people are interested in them, multiple people making up a greater percentage than one person, obviously. Notice how every time you necromance a topic, 99% of the responses are about how how old the topic is. So not only does it not create new discussion, it creates off-topic spam.

That "not locked" argument doesn't hold water either. If someone tears the labels off of every bottle under the sink, that doesn't mean it's suddenly okay to drink them. Nonetheless, if you'd like to press the issue, locking every topic older than a month is quite trivial for me to do. However, in the event that someone discovers something super relevant and discussion reviving, or the topic was particularly memorable, and you're not just satisfying your insatiable urge to hear other people talk (Protip: Just type everything you want in notepad or some dead IRC channel and pretend other people are listening), I prefer to leave dead topics unlocked.

But since the last 6 replies have demonstrated that this topic was NOT worthy of revival, I'll do you the favor and write "Do Not Drink" in permanent marker on the bottle.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Previous

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM