Character break-down

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Amgard » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:53 pm

He could've gotten a five-some. But all he gets is his sword and a pocket full of ass-hat-ness.

Gaius is definitely on Kalmar's side, regardless of his positions. He hasn't acted once against the Blana Sera, but entirely against the Blood Lyn. I think the Harbringer/PS tactic just gets him further into Tetzel's cabinet until the big finale (Ep4-5) where he totally destroys and fractures the Guided.

Go HIm

And I think Lun will finally give us a choice in a character's life. Kloe, if you were nice enough to her, instead of going "OMFG KILL ME GAIUS" will be more like "OMFG RHUE SAVE ME!". So cross your fingers, kids.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:16 am

Kloe was the one with more choiches after all.
Well, if Gaius destroyed the Guided he can't be so evil :D .
Anyway I think Kalmar will show up again somehow.
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:34 pm

Well Kalmar's last words (before Traz's vision) were that he and Traz would become one
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby nightshadow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:58 am

Finally in Chapter 4 he becomes Rhue's biggest obstacle. Both Trazuin and Rosmar, two guys Rhue could never have a hope of beating, suddenly are scared of Strata. And Rhue realizes beating Strata is his only hope of ever freeing Cetsa. Things seem stacked in Rhue's favor, eh? Well, yeah. Rhue loses, and Strata humiliates him (He humiliated me, I didn't last the 6 passes. >_<)

Did you know that if you last 7-9 passes (I lasted that long naturally...{hint: link lanner and fenshu and cool wind}) you get +3 or 5 focus? (Can't remember)[/quote]
Fading into the night,
The scourge of fear, the blight.
Upon this land beneath the sky.
Echoes of the past decry.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

In that a lost love carried on
The words to a lonely song.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

Yes, everyone must surely bleed!
That is what I had decreed.
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

Some Lies indeed hide everything,
But the Truth will hide nothing.
nightshadow
Plyn

Postby ancsur2002 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:27 am

I think it was +5...
I lasted for 7 I think :)
"Where are you?"
ancsur2002
Wanderer

Postby DSOK » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:29 am

nightshadow wrote:Did you know that if you last 7-9 passes (I lasted that long naturally...{hint: link lanner and fenshu and cool wind}) you get +3 or 5 focus? (Can't remember)

I think I actually beat Strata. I was averaging more than triple the damage he was doing to me, and after seven or so passes, I got a funny error message that said somebody's stats had been modified internally, since some score had fallen to zero.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:49 pm

You beat Strata?? Even my friend with maxed stats up to that point couldn't last more than 6 passes. I gues if you got REALLLLLY lucky you could hold out 9, but BEAT him? There's not even an event for that if I recall... Maybe you just got him to a point where there weren't supposed to be any more passes or something.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:54 pm

you cant beat strata during the tournament, if you did then it's a bug
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby DSOK » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:48 pm

Kyle wrote:You beat Strata?? Even my friend with maxed stats up to that point couldn't last more than 6 passes. I gues if you got REALLLLLY lucky you could hold out 9, but BEAT him? There's not even an event for that if I recall... Maybe you just got him to a point where there weren't supposed to be any more passes or something.

Here's what happened. I had best plunge stats possible after four episodes, so I was pretty powerful. The first time, I died on the sixth pass, and I had no idea that you couldn't beat Strata, so I restarted. In the end, I played through a lot of times (mostly because I kept forgetting so save after I got the bonus), and one time, I had really good luck.

Strata definitely has finite hit points in that battle, because I got him down into the orange and red numerous times. The one battle when I was really lucky, we both did risk attacks every pass except one, and I won all of them. This was doing some 65 points of damage to Strata per pass, and he kept taking level 1 injuries. (I never saw a level 2 or higher, regardless of how much I pummelled him.) I think it lasted six passes, then I got a funny error message about some stat having fallen to zero and needing to be reset. I presume this means that I beat Strata, fair and square. His hit points apparently then went back to full, and I lost on the next pass.

So it was possible to knock Strata down to zero hit points, but the game coughed and refused to recognize my victory. Incidentally, I think, but I'm not sure, that I should have earned the bonus that match but didn't get it. However, my Rhue is still the real plunge champion.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby nightshadow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:35 pm

the reason I lasted so long wasn't so much on luck as it was on bugs....not in episode 1,2,4, and 5, mind you, but on 3...

as in replaying that episode....

not once....

but twice...

{Hint: it's very hard to beat episode 3 when you have episode 1 stats}

I love this trick :)

Stats at time of Strata Plunge #1
HP: 138 (Uber file has 3 HP more)
XL: 15
Focus: 34
Will: 23
Poise: 30
Plunge: 14
Damage Threshold: 24
Critical Hit %: 5
Critical Strength: 7
Strides: 15
Blade Arts: All Step 1, All Step 2
Links: CS 5%, LC 5%, DS 5%
Notches: 4 notches, Lyn Rock and Blan Rock with 0 CTP, Lyn Rock with 30 CTP

I still have to do an uber file of this but this is what I have so far...
Some of the stuff gets messed up but eventually falls together in the end...
Like having Rhue, Stoyko, and Traziun at the beginning at ep. 5 (Somehow after the battle with the dark lyn, there was only Rhue)

Just try it, and try to become Pharapylyn before ep. 6
Just don't get too greedy and go for Plunge Level 31...I think that would be an error

If anyone wants the file with the stats above for ep. 5 (It will autofix itself as the game goes on...), say so and I'll e-mail it to you...

I bought McAfee so there's no reason to fear viruses or worms or trojans...(sheesh)

Woow....long post!
Last edited by nightshadow on Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fading into the night,
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

nightshadow
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:41 pm

you evil evil man, lun should make such a bug impossible :P oh well, i think i did worse, i made a chest containing 100 AR and i managed to get past max level of each aura, didn't get any bionuses but it was above max.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:36 am

During beta testing, I got Strata into negative HP, along with many step 4 injuries. His damage threshold is insanley high.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Roir » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:40 am

I had Strata beat there during Beta too.

In fact, I had his Plunge down to 0. Since he couldn't do any more damage, and couldn't die, no matter how low his HP got, the game was pretty much stuck in this weird loop where every pass Strata's face would show up in a message window and say : 8. :shock:

Yeah. :?

While putting 90-point beatdowns on his ass was cathartic, it got boring after a while. :P

Lun upped the Damage Thresh after that to make sure freak hits wouldn't cripple his Plunge and allow stuff like that too happen.
Rhue se repose un peu avant de continuer le voyage, faut pas s'en faire!
Roir
Plyn

Postby nightshadow » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:34 pm

Tele, it was a mistake that I came across that bug...

I accidentally mislabeled the folders I had and named one episode wrongly and put the wrong save file in...and I managed to get it to work...

The episode? Ep. 5 completed going to Ep. 3

The problem there was that all battle stats were lowered, and when I went to replay ep. 5 (ep. 4 wouldn't work), where strata and lyrra are going to walk to their room...the variable for that map was already triggered, so where I was Rhue was in the wrong place....and when I took control of Traziun, there was an internal error.

So I restarted and tried to do an uber file, and the file was almost uber...except I missed the Heart Stone that Kygar's room holds...accidentally

So the stats I have up there are actually my stats at the beginning of ep. 5 uber'd except without 3 HP

I'm still working on completing the ep. 5 file...but with so much homework and Grade 12 stuff....it will take a LONG time...

And, yah, thanx for calling me a man....yah
Fading into the night,
---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

---
*fill in the blanks*
*fill in the blanks*

nightshadow
Plyn

Postby DSOK » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:17 pm

Roir wrote:Lun upped the Damage Thresh after that to make sure freak hits wouldn't cripple his Plunge and allow stuff like that too happen.

Is that all he did? It seemed to me that it was (relatively) easy to get level one injuries, but that the higher-level injuries didn't appear where they should have when I did really collosal amounts of damage. So I wonder if the plunge rules weren't tweaked to prevent more powerful injuries.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana