What the eff? A doom movie???

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What the eff? A doom movie???

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:08 pm

Yes, kiddies, there is such a thing. And it is truly beautiful to gaze upon. Do so at yonder link: http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/49 ... ids_1.html

Mmmmmm....Spooky goodness.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:34 pm

Update:

waste of my life...I loved the BFG effects though. :twisted:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:39 pm

I hope its better then the resident evil movies.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:19 am

Belthazar wrote:I hope its better then the resident evil movies.

That last one wasn't too bad . . . :roll:

And I just heard that Doom was number 1 at the US box office this weekend. So way to go.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:20 am

Wellsy630 wrote:
Belthazar wrote:I hope its better then the resident evil movies.

That last one wasn't too bad . . . :roll:

And I just heard that Doom was number 1 at the US box office this weekend. So way to go.

Games that get turned into movies usually suck.
Take Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and Tomb Raider fo example.

However, there are usually a few exceptions, like Resident Evil.
I'm not sure if Doom Would be a good movie, but I heard that they were making a Halo movie in New Zealand or something like that.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:09 am

CJ wrote:Games that get turned into movies usually suck.
Take Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and Tomb Raider fo example.

However, there are usually a few exceptions, like Resident Evil.
I'm not sure if Doom Would be a good movie, but I heard that they were making a Halo movie in New Zealand or something like that.

For the record, FF:TSW wasn't so awful that it made your eyes bleed. Tomb Raider did make me want to sacrifice innocents.

Oh, and about that Halo movie? Apparently some guy named Peter Jackson is producing it (see http://www.bungie.net or http://www.aintitcoolnews.com if you fail to believe . . )
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:22 am

Okay, The Spirits Within sucked ass.

Tomb Raider also sucked ass.

Advent Children however shows by adding in pointlessly long battles of swordness, games can make good movies.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:17 am

I hope they don't make a movie out of halo.

It'll just give non-believers another thing to bitch about.

Well... that and the fact that I don't think it would turn out very good. Besides... They'd have trouble doing it if it isnt anime, and if it is anime they RedvsBlue is good enough.

Oh yeah, and about the Doom movie. I havn't played any of the Doom games (yes I'm deprived), but the trailer looks good and it has 'The Rock' in it, and that factor is enough to make a movie worth seeing on its own.
Welcome to the Jungle was awesome and so are all of his other movies. I could go into more detail about his greatness but then I'd have to start quoting him and that would be a bit corny.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:04 pm

Oh, and about that Halo movie? Apparently some guy named Peter Jackson is producing

Yeah, I heard about that. It might be good, but it just seems to much like a desperate plea for attention by microsoft, they're sticking Halo everywere now.

wait, that was a joke right? you have heard of Peter Jackson, right?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:42 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Oh, and about that Halo movie? Apparently some guy named Peter Jackson is producing

Yeah, I heard about that. It might be good, but it just seems to much like a desperate plea for attention by microsoft, they're sticking Halo everywere now.

wait, that was a joke right? you have heard of Peter Jackson, right?

Uh, yes, I have heard of Acdamey award winning director Peter Jackson.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:35 pm

i like games the way they are no need to make movies out of them.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote: It might be good, but it just seems to much like a desperate plea for attention by microsoft, they're sticking Halo everywere now.

See what I mean? :roll:
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 am

Forerunner wrote:I hope they don't make a movie out of halo.

It'll just give non-believers another thing to bitch about.

Well... that and the fact that I don't think it would turn out very good. Besides... They'd have trouble doing it if it isnt anime, and if it is anime they RedvsBlue is good enough.

Oh yeah, and about the Doom movie. I havn't played any of the Doom games (yes I'm deprived), but the trailer looks good and it has 'The Rock' in it, and that factor is enough to make a movie worth seeing on its own.
Welcome to the Jungle was awesome and so are all of his other movies. I could go into more detail about his greatness but then I'd have to start quoting him and that would be a bit corny.

Speaking of "The Rock", didn't he come back to RAW for some reason on monday?

Belthazar wrote:i like games the way they are no need to make movies out of them.

Yes I agree, However I still like the idea of FFVII:AC.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:13 pm

Forerunner wrote:

Wait, what? Has RvB changed so much since I've last seen it? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the movie's gonna be live-action.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:10 pm

The rock always comes back to wrestling...Hollywood hogan did too....whoohoo....

[/sarcasm] :roll:
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Next

Return to Gaming