What the eff? A doom movie???

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Kyle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:09 pm

I liked FF The Spirits Within a lot. It could have been better, but there's a lot of depth in the story (which is the reason I watch movies anyway).

I'm still considering going to the Doom movie... Had to chance to go at 1 AM on Halloween but passed at the last minute. Just went home and watched an episode of Lost.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:
RentACop wrote:Nah, Halo's awesome, it's Medal of Honor that sucks.

But seriously, those books suck. Especially the first one. I mean, okay, as far as game-related literature goes they're near the top, but that's not saying much.

Heh, I actually don't like the Medal of Honor series. Spooky.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:48 pm

I enjoy a good multiplayer with my friends, but they all suck. I'll end up winning like 50 - 20 - 10 and half my kills are accual battles not sniping like a prissy little faggot. And its one of the better FPS for PS2, that and SOCOM and COD.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby notsoinsaneguy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:47 pm

Shooting up ur friends is one of the best reasons to get a computer in my mind. Especially if you pwn their asses up so bad that they dunno wat hit em'.
notsoinsaneguy
Plyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:04 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:Halo sucks, to me atleast.

See now thats a smart remark.
Notice he basically said that HE thinks it sucks. He didn't say it sucks as though everybody thinks it sucks and their is no doubt that it is bad, thats called maturity and tolerance of other peoples opinions.

To me, halo rules, but I respect your opinion Burning Flame and am not going to waste posts trying flaming you because you do not agree.
That is also maturity and tolerance of other peoples opinions.

These are attributes that a few other members of the forum could try and cultivate.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:07 pm

Forerunner wrote:These are attributes that a few other members of the forum could try and cultivate.

And a few members of this board need cultivate some decent taste in video games.

Forerunner wrote:To me, halo rules, but I respect your opinion Burning Flame and am not going to waste posts trying flaming you because you do not agree.
That is also maturity and tolerance of other peoples opinions.

What are you talking about Forerunner? You don't even listen to other people's opinions, when we are talking about consoles, you just say X-BOX RULES!! and not take into account what other people say. So my question is Forerunner, WHY does X-box rule? Explain to us why it is better than the rest.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:14 am

When was the last time I said that?
I've turned over a new leaf and am a completely different person, less arrogant and more humble... sorta.

And I think that xbox rules because in my opinion it is the best console, and other than Zelda, it has all of the best titles on it. And I think it is the best console because whenever it and another console have the same game on them, then the one on xbox is better.
e.g. Have you ever played the Lord of the Rings games on ps2 and then played them on xbox? On xbox the graphics are better and the games have more elements (like sidequests).
But that is my opinion.

CJ wrote:And a few members of this board need cultivate some decent taste in video games.

You think that because you are too ignorant to appreciate that different people have different tastes, therefore different people have different concepts of what a 'decent video game' is. I have opened my mind to other videogames, you suggested ff7, so I played ff7 and loved it. Someone else suggested something else, so I played it and I hated it, but you don't hear me going on about how pathetic another game is.

Why don't you give it a break? You're not impressing anyone.
Last edited by Forerunner on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:31 pm

Forerunner wrote:When was the last time I said that?
I've turned over a new leave and am a completely different person, less arrogant and more humble... sorta.

Hmmm.... well...I beleive you ment Leaf, but both work.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby RentACop » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 pm

Let's be honest here, if we were talking about games that are actually good this entire topic would be devoted to Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Victoria, and Hearts of Iron.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:45 am

Well, about that halo movie:
X05: Lord of the Halo
The upcoming Halo movie gets an Oscar-winning executive producer.
by Chris Roper

October 4, 2005 - Bungie today made a pretty major announcement regarding one of the folks behind the forthcoming Halo movie. While it was already known that Microsoft and Bungie were doing everything in their power to take care of their premiere Xbox franchise, with having picked Alex Garland to pen the film's script (he also wrote the praised 28 Days Later), they've now announced the second major talent behind the film.

Acting as Executive Producer will be none other than Lord of the Oscars himself, Peter Jackson. Let that sink in for a second.

Good? Along with Peter acting as Executive Producer on the film, he brings along WETA Digital as the film's acting special effects house. The studio already turned heads 'til they snapped with its work on the three Lord of the Rings films, and now they've got the opportunity to bring Master Chief's universe alive. We know we can't wait to see what the Covenant will look like in the hands of WETA.

Universal Producer Mary Parent spoke on behalf of herself and Producer Scott Stuber on the hiring of Peter Jackson and his partner Fran Walsh: "First, let me just say how honored and excited Scott and I are to be involved in this project. As huge fans of the game ourselves we know how high the bar is. We've made it our mission to try and involve the absolute very best people one can imagine in every capacity. Having developed a great relationship with Peter and Fran through the extraordinary Kong experience, and seeing first hand just how unique a filmmaking environment they have crafted, we approached them about the possibility of coming aboard to Exec Produce. Not surprisingly, they were already avid fans of the game, and given our existing shorthand, they said yes! To be able to continue our relationship with them - on HALO of all projects - is really a dream come true for us in the biggest possible way."

Might Halo actually turn out to be better than Super Mario Bros. or Street Fighter the Movie? We know it'll be a hard task to live up to, but it's looking likely.
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:24 pm

Oh my god, what is the world coming to?
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:16 pm

Apperantly Nintendo's planning a Zelda and Metroid movie too.

http://www.thehylia.com/news_11_16_05_2115.shtml
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:14 pm

Well, as long as the zelda movie doesn't have people...becuase damn can I think of some pretty bad casts.

They might as well make movies. The cinematics I've seen in the metroid series alone make it more than a potential movie. The first GCN one still takes my breath away.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Gaming