Halo 0

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Forerunner » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:52 am

1) Halo was not based on the 'Halo' books.
Explanation: The books came out after the game, or at least after the game concept was developed. You do not have to play the game to understand the books. You do not have to read the books to understand the game. In fact, most halo fan's don't even read the books, and most of the halo fans I know havn't even heard of them. (and the movie will be shit.)

2) SSBM has decent graphics, Halo2 has better graphics. Is it really the grahpics that matter though? Would you say that a game with perfect graphics where you start, kill some retard for no reason, and then run around doing shit all until you fall into a hole and die is a better game than say FF7? Of course not.
My point, graphics arn't everything.

3) Halo was fun, SSBM is fun. Note the difference. But in both cases, even fanboys get sick of headshots or smash attacks after a while.

4) Halo was and is awesome, so is SSBM, they are both great games, and they both will be until people stop liking them, as long as there is someone willing to argue that something is good, then there must be something good about them, whether everyone sees it or not.

(and everyone knows that with some luck and at least a scrap of skill you can win most fighting games by randomly mashing buttons.)
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:55 am

On 'Star Ocean: Till the End of Time' there is a battle trophy you get for '1,000,000 button presses', Talk about extremely stupid.

Button mashing can fuck up controllers.
Me and my brother fucked up our SNES controllers from playing Street Fighter II......Wait.......oh that's right, It wasn't the button mashing, It was because my brother used to gnaw on the controllers.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:30 am

AznChipmunk wrote:http://antitxt.ytmnd.com/

(Thanks to War)

LOLOLOL i have enough real english grammar in school thank you very much. i can't believe ppl actually frequent these websites. wot sort of retarded chipmunk descendant would waste his time making this website? if u have a problem with 'txt tlk' then, i'm sry to all u guys who will be offended by this, but basically u can go fuck urself! wot are u some sort of geek/nerd/sad retard with no mobile phone and no friends to txt or no friends to talk to on messenger? it saves tiem to write things shorthand. so sit down. shut up. and shove tht post up ur arse.
Quotes the awesome guild:
"I'm off to eat people" think about it...
"You suck so hard tht it hurts!" he meant the guy sucked at doing something not him :P... "I'm off to solo BWL" u don't play WoW?? burn infidel! (he actually tried to solo it!)
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:54 pm

It'll save much air and food if you will drop and die right about now.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Silvercrow » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:16 pm

It only saves time to talk in txt talk if you're not a quick typist in the first place.

Most people that use the internet regularly are.

There you go.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:27 pm

People prefer correct use in grammar in forums because, well, it's not like you're on a game typing whilst fighting for your little pixelated character's life is it? It just depends on the forum I suppose though, this one likes all teh godo grammr!!11!01!)!0!!!

Popular internet culture as I see it seems to hate "txt tlk" but still type quickly (without caps, punctuation and a few typos), and for speed, it seems the best way to chat without pissing masses of people off. Unless it's these forums, where you're boned.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:18 pm

I tend to make a good amount of typos when i type, maybe it's becuae I don't look at the screen when typing, I dunno. I also manage to forget capitalizing I's, forget proper punctuation and capital letters, but still, you have to sacrifice some of that to become a spam king. Fame doen'äst come easy.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:33 pm

:?

...Asian hater. :evil:
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:18 pm

_MurtagH_ wrote:
AznChipmunk wrote:http://antitxt.ytmnd.com/

(Thanks to War)

LOLOLOL i have enough real english grammar in school thank you very much. i can't believe ppl actually frequent these websites. wot sort of retarded chipmunk descendant would waste his time making this website? if u have a problem with 'txt tlk' then, i'm sry to all u guys who will be offended by this, but basically u can go fuck urself! wot are u some sort of geek/nerd/sad retard with no mobile phone and no friends to txt or no friends to talk to on messenger? it saves tiem to write things shorthand. so sit down. shut up. and shove tht post up ur arse.

I think you're kinda out of place here. If you don't like the way things work YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF. And yes most of us are nerds for your information, and damn proud of it (at least I am anyway).
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:38 pm

OMG what is wrong w txt tlk it so useful and makes ppl want to xplode!
........I find it annoying, I used to use it because I was lazy but then I started to realize I was pissing myself off so I stoped and try to aleast use full words because grammar aint my cup of tea, or spelling for that matter.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:59 pm

It's official, there's now a Murtagh and Co.
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:03 pm

wwwhhhooaaa ppl. yes it's true on WoW i do have to type shorthand to save my little mage's butt 24/7 so i guess it rubs off on my normal typing... if it annoys u so much then tell me, don't post a website which is intended to not only piss me off but also humiliate me. Fine some of you think of yourselves as nerds and are proud of it. does tht mean u have NO1 to txt or talk to on messenger? i'm pretty sure tht's not true. i just lapse into 'txt tlk' while i type naturally, don't make a crack at me for it then expect me to not to reply. of course i'm gonna tell the guy to go fuck himself. anyway i wasn't having a go at everyone i was having a go at tht guy. (note the 'if u have a problem with txt tlk u can go fuck urself' not ureselves). i'll change my typing to make u happy shall i? fine.

And by the way... Asian hater? What's that supposed to mean???
Quotes the awesome guild:
"I'm off to eat people" think about it...
"You suck so hard tht it hurts!" he meant the guy sucked at doing something not him :P... "I'm off to solo BWL" u don't play WoW?? burn infidel! (he actually tried to solo it!)
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:08 pm

_MurtagH_ wrote:And by the way... Asian hater? What's that supposed to mean???

Im Asian+You hate me=Asian Hater. :x DUH! :evil:

And when I play MMORPG's, I also use txt talk, but this is NOT an MMORPG.

Learn discipline and respect, please. :(

Oh yeah, this topic is getting off topic. My bad, please talk about before this...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:37 pm

_MurtagH_ wrote:LOLOLOL i have enough real english grammar in school thank you very much. i can't believe ppl actually frequent these websites. wot sort of retarded chipmunk descendant would waste his time making this website? if u have a problem with 'txt tlk' then, i'm sry to all u guys who will be offended by this, but basically u can go fuck urself! wot are u some sort of geek/nerd/sad retard with no mobile phone and no friends to txt or no friends to talk to on messenger? it saves tiem to write things shorthand. so sit down. shut up. and shove tht post up ur arse.

For starters, I don't see what being a nerd/geek has to do with being a retard. 'Nerd' or 'Geek' are stereotypes, and if you think a bit then, you're on this site arn't you? Wouldn't that make you a 'Nerd' as well? which is very much the same as a 'retard' according to you, so what are you doing here retard?
And since when does having a mobile or chatting on msn have anything to do with being a nerd? I'm sure most nerds have more friends online than you and probably spend more time chatting.

Another thing is, I don't see why you guys all get so uptight about 'txt tlk'. It's readable and it saves time so why not? Although personally I also think that the time you save is so minimal that it's not worth it, so why bother, but if someone does it a lot then I guess some habits are hard to break.

I think CJ is right, you seem out of place here. If you don't like the way things work then instead of bitching about it, get used to it. We've all had to, and we don't compromise.
(I can really see why we have a reputation for being intolerant assholes.)
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:40 pm

I love halo, but I found this so I feel obliged to show it:

In the recent GamePro mag, there was an article called "Five Ways to Save Video Games".
The 5 "ways" to save the video games were
1. Stop Objectifying Women
2. Get New Story Lines.
3. Enough With the Epics
4. Stop the Spectacles
5. Cinema is Sinful"
Now. Halo was in each one of those catagories, except for, of course Stop objectifying women. Now i will type up each segment they put in for each way except for the 1st since halo wasnt in it.

"2: Get new Story Lines."
"Okay, so heres a big one. Why is it that half of the games on the market begin with your character as the sole survivor of some mysterious holocaust? As you stuble over the bloody bodies and piece together the ghastly clues, you come to realize that--holy crap!-- the spaceship/planet/laboratory was invaded by the adliens/parasites/demons! This storytelling cliche can be traced back to the original Doom and was once a truly novel approach. Now, it's just evidence of a massive creative malaise in a game industry."
***What was said about Halo: "At least they waited untill the 3rd level to introduce the Flood."
(Note: They actually waited to the 6th level till they revealed the Flood, but that's not the point.)

"3: Enough with the Epics"
"While we're on the topic of game story lines, it's high time designers stop revolving around the thoughtless drivel that sees A) the player as the hero; B) the hero taking on impossible odds to defeat some oppressive enemy force; and C) the hero saving the world--and perhaps evene existence iteself-- by beaning enough baddies in the head with his magical sniper. It now seems that every game must play with bigger and bigger odds. Surely the hero can't shoot his way out of the alien-infested space-terrorist hideout armed with only a BB gun seconds before the black hole swallows the galaxy! All this action is set, naturally, to an overheated operatic choir on the soundtrack. This is all pointless because after all, you're the hero: You know you'll win if you quick save enough."
***What was said about Halo: "Only Master Chief can save the planet now!"

"4: Stop with the Spectacles"
"Call it The Matrix Reloaded principle. The Wachowski Brothers foolishly tried to top the action sequences in the first classic film. When designing the second tow Matrix films, they spared no cost to bring the absolute pinnacle of special effects and stunt work to the viewer. And if youve ever seen the second two Matrix sequels, you know that these facy action scenes added NOTHING because the films, frankly, stunk up the place.
This is how modern video games are starting to feel. Doom 3 may look like a filet mignon, but it plays like charred hamburger. What good are glitzy graphics when the game expericence is locked in the mid 90's?"
***What was said about Halo: "Good...but as good as the graphics?"

5: "Cinema is Sinful"
"So, why is it that half of the games on the market bill themselves as "cinematic experiences"? Must every game be stuffed to the point of overflowing with cinematic interludes, elaborate set pieces, and intrigue-filled story lines that go nowhere? What is to show for all that expensive investment? Nothing.
It's becoming incredibly expensive to design a triple A-caliber game title, but mimicking Hollywood isnt going to help. If you want proof, look to last summer's box office wasteland. People have grown weary of Hollywood and their ways. They want something real. There are other downsides, too, in the form of ballooning budgets and dwindling profit margins.
Break the cycle! Always remember that gamers are looking for games. If they want a great "cinematic experience", they will order "Lawrence of Arabia" through netflix. Look at Nintendogs' sales- they are spectacular. 'Nuf said."
***What was said about Halo: "Talk about BIG rambling cinema scenes that go absolutely nowhere."
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming