Why Gaius thinks Rhue is the phantom slasher

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Roara » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Of course, that could be the typical cliche of a hero oversleeping all the time. It happens in nearly every form of art!
Roara
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:19 am

All we know is the PS is somehow linked to Rhue.
My theory that Gaius is the Phantom Slasher.
It makes perfect sense. The only reason why
Gaius told Rhue was the PS to confuse him.
I think that there is some mass-conspiracy
or something such as the taking control of
the way and that Rhue is some kind
of experimental thing created from Jeruh/Midian.
Even though he is a different person he could still have
their memories and is being manipulated and used
to do the conspirators dirtywork.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:06 pm

I'm currently thinking along the lines of the importance of rhue's sword. It can absorb bits of other people, like Slade's memories. Rhue could be a Midian Jeruh combo from when Gaius and previous rhue with a different name (Jeruh?) killed somed someone (midian)

note: I only say its this way round because gaius recognises rhue in E1. Also,
The bounty hunter in E1 seems to think that too.

On the PS graphic. I know you shouldn't look in to graphics too much, but. The PS looks nothing like Rhue and Gaius, in the game we only see the PS from the side. If you look in the database, you see that the PS is different and looks more, though not completely derived from the Midian character.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:48 pm

The PS looks nothing like Rhue and Gaius

Now I'm not a big fan of any theory based on the fact that the sprites of Gaius and the PS are the same, but the side view atleast are almost exactly the same.
in the game we only see the PS from the side.

Exept... all the times we see his back and front.

If you look in the database, you see that the PS is different and looks more, though not completely derived from the Midian character.

Yeah, I'm just lost here.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Ok i'm probably reading too much into this, and am probably wrong but in ur character sets folder there is a set called WayMidian. and aset called Phantom Slasher.

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Heres a image of the PS and a blacked out image of Gaius and Midian. Which ones look similar to you?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:42 am

Now I'm not a big fan of any theory based on the fact that the sprites of Gaius and the PS are the same,

Maybe because you've beta tested? As well as fwacho saying it has no importance.

I can see three clear differences between the Gaius and PS sprite. >_< Anyway, it doesn't mean anything.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:58 am

Yea, Whoops. I was looking at the chara on the left!

[/img]

Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Roara » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:18 pm

If we're going with graphics... then the Phantom Slasher kinda looks like a girl.
In fact, when it comes down to it, my oppinion of who the Phantom Slasher is Serena. I could be wrong, but y'know, we know about as much of the Phantom Slasher as we do of Serena!

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, doesn't the Phantom Slasher have a face set?

Also, here's a quick theory I've thought of... what if the Phantom Slasher IS Serena, but Serena is dead? Maybe she's existing through Rhue, either using his aura, his sword, or something else. Or maybe, she never truly existed in the first place, and is just a figment of Rhue's imagination, except given enough power that she actually does exist.

And given Rhue's mind, if he went all psycho and started killing people, I don't think he could kill children, due to the fact that he's been hanging unto childhood memories so obsessively. They might be fake childhood memories, but then again fake memories tend to cause a lot more odd behavior then real ones do. :P

(Sorry, I can't post without thinking up some insane theory. :roll: )
Roara
Wanderer

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:52 pm

How exactly does the Phantom Slasher look like a girl?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Roara » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:51 pm

I guess it sorta lacks gender, but the Phantom Slasher's hair style is somewhat feminine. Sort of. It's not much to base anything off of, I guess, but it's no less silly then comparing the sprite to Gaius's sprite. :P
Roara
Wanderer

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:12 am

Non-Sequitur wrote:How exactly does the Phantom Slasher look like a girl?

:lol:
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:42 am

Wow, the PS is a sexy bitch huh?
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:49 am

In fact, when it comes down to it, my oppinion of who the Phantom Slasher is Serena. I could be wrong, but y'know, we know about as much of the Phantom Slasher as we do of Serena!

I'll just say for now that this is not a new theory - it's been suggested before, and I can tell you now that Lun has read the theory, and it might just have affected parts of E6's plot. And that you're also going to worship Lun after the end of E6. But if you're anything like me, you'll also be simultaneously plotting his death in secret (although I'm not keeping it much of a secret).
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:23 am

I was afriad someone would say that. I get the feeling that the way might not have a conclusive ending. Maybe you just mean it's ingeniusly thought out. Which isn't unlike Lun at all now is it? I can't wait...
Spyke10k
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana