Why Gaius thinks Rhue is the phantom slasher

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Gaius is the PS cuz in E4 when the Blue Scarves treats the girl with the blonde hair, Gaius comes out of the shadows (He doesnt look like a shadow) and kills the Blue Scarves and then the girl... But this time... You can actually SEE that its Gaius...
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Location: If you knew... you would never be able to sleep again.

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:12 pm

How do you "SEE" it's him? Details?
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:13 pm

Well... He´s got blue hair... and he´s got gaius body... AND he´s got Gaius face! :D
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:15 pm

Sorry, I just saw a shadow. And a shadows face, so yeah. Someone would have noticed THAT. Especially with all the theories and what have you. Your kidding right?
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:16 pm

No... I mean it... That was the time i started to believe Gaius were the PS and i actually SAW sum blue hair... AND his body... NOT on the shadows... The face though i dont rly kno...
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:16 pm

DragonMancorada wrote:Well... He´s got blue hair... and he´s got gaius body... AND he´s got Gaius face! :D

Lun thinks its funny when people base theorys off char/face sets.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:17 pm

Hhhhmmm.... I still believe Gaius is the PS :?
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:18 pm

Heh, maybe the black looked like dark blue to you. Trust me, there wasn't any blue hair there. Though they do look similar in shape both in faceset and character set. That's all there is however.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:22 pm

Hhhhmmm.... My comp screen is VERY dark sooo.... Maybe the screen just flashed a bit when he attacked... I DID play at noon so the sun might´ve flashed... Who knows? :D
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby brigas » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:23 pm

there is a scene when rhue and traz find some dead wanderers that where camping and one of the bodies was being buried.
Up ahead they find gaius unconscious after faling from the bridge.
I guess it was gaius that killed them, although you could say it was some blue scarves you find before too..
brigas
Plyn

Postby Spyke10k » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:24 pm

No big deal, might have been tired too. Right?
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Probably :roll: ...
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby Noodles » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Even though Gaius is a mysterious person, to me his character doesn't seem to fit with the type of person to go around lobbing peoples heads off. He pushed Kloe away when he had a vision of the murder she commited and seemed suitably disgusted with it; when you first go to Estrana you can see him taking the time to talk to a little girl (or boy, can't remember); And generally from the way he speaks he seems like kind hearted person... I also think that Gaius is too strong to allow something to posess him all the time.

On the other hand, we have these few incidents and points:

1. When Dancing Violet, Kygar and Scatha are fighting over that other shadow sword in Lide, Rhue becomes pocessed by something still not yet explained and knocks the sword out of reach.

2. When Rhue is locked up at the Blana Sera Temple (I forget the name of the city.. But its where we see Trazuin go after Kalmar). The Phantom Slasher apparently bursts into Rhue room, allowing Rhue to get out... However when he leaves the room, Dirk and Scatha are in the corridor. If the Phantom Slasher had really opened the door for Rhue, Dirk and Scatha should have seen the PS right there... But they act as if they've seen no one; I'm not sure how, but I believe that the phantom slasher AS Rhue was able to open the door himself. Thus Dirk and Scatha wouldn't have seen anyone before Rhue came out.

3. We are left with the cliff hanger of Gaius asking Rhue to hand over his sword at the end of Ep5 (Which I might add he does without lobbing off Rhue's head like the PS might have done). People suggest that Gaius tells Rhue that he is the PS only to confuse him while Gaius is infact the PS... But if that was the case, why would Gaius retrieve Rhue's sword when it was stuck in Slade's body, give it back to Rhue while he was sleeping, only to suddenly turn around and ask for it back? Why go to so much trouble to retrieve Rhue's sword anyway..? It was in the middle of a Blood Lyn stronghold!! Also the fact that the PS was able to pull the sword from Slade's body when the healers could not, seems to suggest to me that the PS had a familarity with that sword (Which of course he would if the PS was infact Rhue).

4. In the forest towards the end of Ep5, Rhue camps with Scatha, Dirk and Gaius... goes to sleep... Phantom slasher appears and kills people... Rhue wakes up and he is no longer with his allies. Also someone said before Rhue always seems to oversleep around the time we see the PS, or the PS just seems to hang around Rhue like a bad smell

5. Rhue seems to have a sword facination, he does not like to be without it if you hadn't noticed and is particular about obtaining his own sword rather then just picking up any old sword

6. To my knowledge, no one but Rhue has actually seen the PS up close and lived..

The Shadow swords were previously described as evil by Kloe, I think this is the reason why.. When Rhue was given that sword all that time ago its or something to do with that sword has been taking posessing him to go around killing people
Noodles
Plyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:18 pm

Well, whoever the PS is (which i still believe is Gaius) it cant be Rhue... cuz in E5 when Rhue is passed out outside the Bloodlyns fortress, the PS walks by and gives him the PS Auras...
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:04 pm

Do you know what a holucination is?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana