Mount & Blade

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Mount & Blade

Postby Forerunner » Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:47 pm

Quick to download. Fun to play. Give it a try, it's awesome.

You can play the demo pack type thing, and get used to it. I'm too lazy and cheap to buy the full pack (it's like not even AU$20), so every time my character gets to level 6, I have to start again.
The soundtrack sounds suspiciously like morrowind

It's a lot like Morrowind, exept the game is basically all about fighting, it does have quests, but they're basically mostly about fighting too. The system is better though. You can buy and ride horses, your skills raise up a bit like morrowind, and you fight like morrowind, exept that you can actually block and stuff.
Awesome game. Play it.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:46 pm

Were you maybe planning on putting up a link or something?

I don't wanna have to go all the way to google.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:55 pm

http://www.taleworlds.com

As an owner of this game, I can attest to its awesomeness. Forerunner forgot to mention that you could have 'huge' armies to kill and conquer with as you please.

In addition, it has a fanatical modding community. Give it a spin sometime.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:20 am

...Yeah, I did forget... not my fault thouggh, since I'm only using the free version my biggest army has been 23 men and 10 prisoners.

My advice for starting off it make a test person, a character you don't intend to use, just give them even stats so that you can start off and get used to it, then delete that person and make a proper character based on what you're good at or find most fun.

Like I thought that I'd love the swordfighting (and I do), but I find it too easy, whereas archery is fun, so my main character is someone who started of with good archery, decent single-handed combat, and good leadership So that I could try to assemble a huge army.

The game is very flexible and very fun, but if you don't intend to buy the full version for a while then try not to get experience or you'll reach level 6 in no time and have to start again.

Add on: Try making a female, who was a hunter, add all your stat points to Agility, then focus everything else on Archery.
It's so awesome. Headshot, headshot, headshot. You don't even need a sword, the enemies can'y even get near you.
AND I'm still only on level 2 with her.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:15 pm

In order to make swordfighting harder, just change the 'control block dir' setting from automatic to mouse movement.

That turns melee combat from a button mashing fest to a twitch fest. Unless you have a shield, of course.

EDIT: F6 turns on first-person view mode.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:26 pm

GRAGH! I'm poor! I can't afford it!
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Jonesy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 pm

The game is 17 bucks, it's well worth the buy.

Either that or just get a memory trainer and search for the values controlling experiance and your level number and keep the latter under 6.
Jonesy
Plyn

Return to Gaming