The Way FAQ

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Flibbo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:44 am

I'm in the credits? nice.

I'm not quite sure whether to actually dignify that, which is quite possibly the worst comeback ever, with a responce. I would have, don't get me wrong but teen's responce is something i don't think i could add too without corrupting it's effectivness slightly. So i'll just say that both my repect for teen as a person, and as someone who at 2.45am can come up with a responce so witty and completly true (for i truely am a son of a god), has greatly improved beyond what it was before, which was a sort of quiet reverance.

Impossible's responces were about his general level of style, but i think i'm still going to take this moment to assure him that he is definitly one of my favorite board members and that i find him both humerous and greatly pleasing as far as non-sexual pleasment may go.

(i think i'll also give a generic ego stroke to both Bill and Jeramyu even though they havn't post in this topic)

So i won't post my opinion. I won't post that using capital letters to emphasise a point is both incredibly noobish and grammatically incorrect. I won't even point out that his attempt to insult impossbile seemed less like an insult and more like a suprisingly detailed sexual fantasy that he has concocted in a bizarre attempt to lure Impossible to his bed (or staw mat as the case may be). Instead i'll just hope that others don't follow the example and go off topic instead of reading one of the countless other times that such a simple point has been re-iterated by several members of the board.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:21 am

Teen, don't waste all that text. Of all places, Estrana is the last that should have a flame war.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Violent_Paradan » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:24 am

Two things:

The characters section:
Part of Cetsa’s character description
She is the leader
of the Blue Scarve gang, ergo, Dancing Violet.

doesn’t sound right. One better way of phrasing it would be “She is revealed as Dancing Violet, leader of the Blue Scarves, late in Episode 2.”

Under Illuminati:
(Great Sacrifice if is also Level 5)
should read as (Great Sacrifice if Aionsluh is also Level 5)
Violent_Paradan
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:41 pm

It's been half a year since this topic was active, but whatever, there's no reason to start a new one.

Naturally, don't read this if you haven't played episode 6 yet.
---OMG SPOILERZ!!!1---

Ok, so the FAQ for episode 6 is updated. There are a number of things wrong with it. One, I haven't finished it yet and it's probably going to be a few weeks before I get around to it (it's nearly done, and the parts I haven't gotten to yet are fairly straightforward). Two, I made it with a beta version so a few things are going to be different. Here's the current list of changes that I know that I need to make.

-I need to look into the early mend stones and see if it's still possible to get two depending on the order of chests.
-There's supposedly a heart stone in one of the Charlatans missions behind a pillar that I need to find and add.
-I need to figure out where the switch that opens up the back room of the House of Pnoe is located (help here would be appreciated)
-Need to check if that stricite behind Alan's chimney was activated
-I need to split this guide up into separate documents because it's too dang big

I think I updated most of the supplemental sections, too. Basically, if I haven't listed something here and it's not in the guide, then post it here (or email me, or aim me, or whatever).

So yeah, there you go. I figure some people will want the parts I already have sooner than I would otherwise get the guide released, so an incomplete version it is.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:49 pm

-There's supposedly a heart stone in one of the Charlatans missions behind a pillar that I need to find and add.

It is in Qupp's house.
-I need to figure out where the switch that opens up the back room of the House of Pnoe is located (help here would be appreciated)

The back room opens when you have defeated the boss in the twisted forest, defeated the Barrucha, become the Paraphalyn, got all five rings on the free fall mini game, and defeated the Jester.

There are also some another things that you might want to note.

During the play your responses are timed and I can't find it now, but I remember there being something in the code about timing the ending of the scene with the climax of the music.

You make the comment, "Compared to the Jester and the Ghost Witch, this thing is a pushover." before you have covered the twisted forest.

The arena section says the fourth opponent is Strata. I'm sure you know this and just made a typo, but the fourth opponent is Kygar.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Jabbo » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Wow, thanks, those help a lot.

I thought I'd done all of those and the back room wasn't open. Or maybe it was more like I'd done all of those and then I never checked to see if the back room was open in the actual game instead of rm2k...

I read that thing about timed responses too, but I forgot about it. I'll see if I can figure out the specifics of how it works.

That's what I get for writing the guide out of order. I originally made it so you were going to go through the twisted forest earlier than covered and fight the shadow plungers and kavax earlier than covered too. However, I noticed that all of those things were a bit too challenging where I had them (which is fun, but the point of an FAQ is to give ways to avoid excessive challenge). So yeah, I moved a bunch of stuff around and I probably have a few errors like that.

And yeah, I always call Kygar Strata because they both have spiky black hair and are jackasses.

I'll fix the easy ones right now and I'll get to the others later.

Oh yeah, I need to fix the Sorya stuff in the earlier episodes so that she actually gets killed too.

Also, is it possible to get the Lexus ending without spending any Heart Stones? Here's my tally...

Episode 4: 7 Lexus Points
1 Lexus relationship point from cafe (If you say "Thanks, but that's ok" and "I'll go get something," and then flirt with the waitress, you can get 8 cafe points and thus 1 relationship point)
1 Lexus Point from being nice at Celestria's

From what I can tell, you need 10 points total for the Lexus ending...
So, is there any way to get that other point without spending anything?
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:25 pm

I can't think of any way to do that right now but I will let you know if I do.

There is only one more thing that I can think of tonight. You can get the Scarred Stone by getting as much evidence against yourself as possible in court (I can try to figure out how to do this tomorrow) and talking to a man in the House of Pnoe.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Jabbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:29 am

Yeah, I'd forgotten about the Scarred Stone. It seems that you have to...

Threaten Icabod
Shove Icabod to get him away from Vera
Give Fallow the drinks and carry her upstairs
Get Adelia into the bathroom, take her dress, and walk out without using the steam
Work with Vera to get into the basement and not return the key to Icabod

and then in the courtroom, say:

"No"
"It's true, so what?"
"No, that never happened"

Also, it's been pointed out that the Heart Stone in the shack in the bottom left corner can be accessed earlier than I have it listed, so add that to the list, too.

And out of curiosity, should this discussion be in a different forum?
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:48 am

I don't think it's nessesary, after all it's an obvious spoiler topic, with the FAQ and all.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:52 am

There is something else that another topic has reminded me of. Has anyone ever found any use for the rope at the dinner party? Doing an event search in rm2k3 yielded nothing so it looks like there may actually be no use for it.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Jabbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:58 am

I'm nearly positive it's useless. The word "rope" in relation to anything doesn't turn up in the notes/messages of any event in the entire game, so I guess it was just something Lun intended to use but then didn't.
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Dang, I just remembered how to get the last Lexus point, but then I figured out I was wrong in the first place...

Here's the new tally:
Episode 4: 6 Lexus points
Saying you like girls with brown hair in Alan's mansion: 1 point
The cafe: 1 point
Humoring her in Celestria's: 1 point

So, same story. And it turns out that's as far as it goes. So yeah, the cheapest way to win Lexus's heart is with four Heart Stones during the date at Val Parra. You get 7 points for free in the first two dialogues, then you buy the most expensive wine (3 points, 3 Heart Stones). Then you get the band playing for her with the Kleunwrade song (via checking Sorya's painting in her house), for another 2 points and 1 Heart Stone. Then you flirt with the waitress for the last point. That should bring the total up to 13 cafe points which nets you 2 points at the cafe instead of the 1 that you'd get for free.

And naturally, you buy the house so that you can unlock the Charlatans missions and you do them all, you just don't buy any of the furniture and cash all your vouchers in for more Heart Stones than should exist at any one point in time.
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:07 pm

So how many Cafe points is a Lexus point, or something? >_< And why would you flirt with the waitress?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:13 pm

0-2 CP = Lexus permanently leaves your party
3-5 CP = Nothing
6-12 CP = +1 Lexus Relationship
13-14 CP = +2 Lexus Relationship
15 CP = +3 Lexus Relationship
16 CP (Max) = +4 Lexus Relationship

And there are like a million ways to go through that scene, but the most CP you can get without spending anything is 8, which is 7 for answering her first two questions and 1 for getting a replacement meal by flirting with the waitress. Other than that, 1 Heart Stone translates to 1 CP except for the musicians playing the Kleunwrade song, where 1 Heart Stone translates to 2 CP. It's not like you have to flirt with the waitress, but getting the replacement meal from the manager has the same yield for your Heart Stone as everything else.

Being nice to her in Celestria's also increases her relationship value, and if you have a relationship value that 4 or more, then the trinket at the top of Marasha's house will appear that lets you further increase it.
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Amrath » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:50 am

LAst post might have been a in January but I'll ask anyway. Is the Way guide for Episode 6 going to be finished at some point, I;m just curious really.
Amrath
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana