I'm sure you've heard this alot ...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby PsychicK » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Well, there will be no Episode 7. fwacho himself said so, in another topic...

One more month, then. Just one more.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Red » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:02 am

Alundra wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but didn't Lun actually state inside the game itself that he got fed up with making games and that he would try other means to show his creative side.

He also meant to make the way into a mini tv series a while ago... (go lun!)

I'm all for a 7th episode or at least a text version of why he abandonned characters such as scatha and dirk (I know that in real life you don't get to see everything about everyone, but this is still a videogame ^_^)...
But if the dude really needs a break from gaming or at least makin' them, who could blame him. :roll:
So far the supportive side... LUN GET BACK TO WORK NOW :lol: :P

Thank you, PsychicK. I was pretty sure that wouldn't be a seventh episode, and I believe K's comment confirms that. As for a text version... I don't know why he would want to do something like that. If anything, I would think that would be something for a fanfiction.

Alundra, is that 'didn't' supposed to be 'did'. If so, that may make a bit more sense.

And concerning the mini series: I hope Lun knows what he's doing. Because as of now, seeing as how share-ware RPGMaker2000 is on the brink of being illegal to begin with, it would seem that good ol' Calsari does not actually OWN "The Way" as of yet. So far as I can see, the film or television rights to "Way" are up for grabs; that is, until he certifies the series's script treatments and what-not.

Ah, well. Here's to hoping for more Crestfallen in the future.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:22 am

Lun legally owns RPGMaker 2000.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Squiggy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:47 am

and there for, can legally do whatever the hell he feels like with "the Way"
Douglas Adams wrote:If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.
Squiggy
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:23 am

And even if he didn't, he'd still own the intellectual property.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:41 am

Lun can't legally sell "The Way" RM2k game, but it doesn't mean he can't sell "The Way" in any other form.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:50 am

The Website wrote:©2003 Crestfallen Studios Site Design by Rangi

©
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:44 am

Lun can't legally sell "The Way" RM2k game, but it doesn't mean he can't sell "The Way" in any other form.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, he can sell it if he has a legal copy. Just as you can sell games made in legal copies of RMXP.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:20 am

I think the problem is that music and other resources were used from other games.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Eckolin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:21 pm

So, anyone up for composing original music for The Way?
This could be a plunge game - Except it has 'issues' -
Eckolin
Wanderer

Postby Red » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 pm

PsychicK is correct. The fact that Lun owns "The Way" video game(s) could be strongly questioned. Only he knows for sure. Obviously, he couldn't sell the games in their current format, seeing as how several tracks of the series's score are not legally his to use.

And Chickenman -- er, excuse me, Greatchickenman -- brought up the fact that there is a copyright claim on the website. That does not mean much for the legal rights of the series so much as it does the legal rights of the website and its layout.

What I am getting at is, Lun would have a much better chance of marketing "The Way" if he wrote the six episodes in text form, whether layout or screenplay, and then certified them with the Writer's Guild of America, west or east. That would definitely impro ve his chances of preventing some scumbag producer from stealing his ideas via a seemingly-harmless loophole or two.

Anyway, I don't really remember why we got off on this discussion. I, for one, believe that "The Way" would be awesome on, say, the PSP or some futuristic handheld console. That is, after we follow Eckolin's advice and suggest an original musical score.

Red
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:45 pm

Lun really kicks ass with his original scores. I really will say.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Red » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:03 pm

I second that. Most definitely.

Red
Plyn

Postby Sling » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:19 am

the PSP or some futuristic handheld console

All Hand-held devices are crappy except the Gameboy and GameboyColour. I think The Way should be made for a 'real' console, if any.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:37 am

I would love to work on a The Way soundtrack if it went into official production (As in, THE WAY for PS3 or Nintendo Wii). Especially if I got to work with Lun's musical talent.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana