17%
No
33%
*Cocks Gun*
50%

Total votes : 18

The Way -1

Postby Sling » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:49 pm

Okay, I am currently creating an RPG game. I was thinking about doing a prequel to the way 2000 years before the events of Janwen which shows the creation of The Way and how The Lord Below and the Purpose came to be etc. I have come up with loads of ideas.
1) The Way is a ring world (like off of Halo) and the rolling mists are some kind of weapon which was damaged by the Flare of a Dark Star (or something) and so continously went around destroying everything etc.
I don't know. I thought it was good at the time.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:59 pm

You shouldn't really change the idea of a story. Especially if it isn't your intellectual property.

That would be like me making an X-Men movie and lying, distorting, and entirely changing all of the important details.

Oh wait...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Stedar » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:57 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:Oh wait...

Lol :lol:
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:33 pm

Greatchickenman wrote:You shouldn't really change the idea of a story. Especially if it isn't your intellectual property.

That would be like me making an X-Men movie and lying, distorting, and entirely changing all of the important details.

Oh wait...

ditto, Despite what some say, I am sure you can think of a great idea of your own, instead of relaying upon the intellectual property of others.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:03 pm

I thought it was good at the time

You shouldn't really change the idea of a story. Especially if it isn't your intellectual property.
What if it was a Parallel universe?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Sling wrote:
What if it was a Parallel universe?

Then it's called a cheap cop-out.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Red » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:43 am

And to make a "Way" prequel would mean that you would have to -- obviously -- get Lun involved; have him help you research the world's backstory, et cetera. But getting ahold of him may be difficult seeing as how he is earnestly working on "The Way" 2.0 and preparing to announce his new project.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:54 am

If a prequal was to be made, it would have to be made by or include input from Lun. And that goes for sequals too. Seeing as Lun is the only person who can, in detail, describe the events before or after the game.

If a fan-game was to be made. It'd have to be a side-story, about some other wanderer along The Way that happens to have no contact with the current story. Timing could probably be anywhere. And then you'd probably want Lun's permission.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:33 pm

We can't stop you - we don't know where you live (despite what you may have heard 8) ) so we can't kill you. Yet.

Seriously, stay away from a prequel/sequel. You will inevitably step on someone's ideas about the Way, and that's not a good thing unless you have Lun's backing. Besides, it just would be the same if it wasn't Lun's. (And this comes from a guy who's writing a novelisation of The Way as a fanfic. :roll: )
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Return to Estrana