I'm sure you've heard this alot ...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Red » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:49 am

But with the graphics that "The Way" uses, I can't actually picture it being on a next-generation console like the PS3 or Revolution. Maybe it's just me, but I think the graphics would need to be drastically modified if "Way" were to make it onto a console.

But as for the soundtrack: man, there is so much material throughout the series that there are endless score possibilities. Heck, just thinking about it makes me -- uh, never mind.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:46 am

Seeing it on the Wii wouldn't be too far fetched
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:13 pm

Naturally you're not going to stick it on the Wii or PS3 without altering the graphics. That's just stupid, adding a 2D game to such an advanced console, what idiot would do that...
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Red » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:19 pm

Fitz Tayo wrote:Naturally you're not going to stick it on the Wii or PS3 without altering the graphics. That's just stupid, adding a 2D game to such an advanced console, what idiot would do that...
'

Exactly my point. That's what I was getting at: it's obvious that in its current state, "The Way" series would not look too good on a next-gen console.

I wonder if Lun is actually planning on making the game official, or if he's going to stick with being an online independent game designer. I only hope he announces his next project soon, almost as much as I hope the "Way 2.0" versions, as I have come to call them, would be publicly released.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Here's the plan. Get a team of expert game makers (excluding the music team, because we already got our own bitchin' musicians) to become members of the Crestfallen Few. THEN, make them make the game for free. Then let Lun reap the huge profits made from The Way whilst we all reap the huge reward of playing the game on the Wii or PS3.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:45 pm

You forgot to mention:

Add a subclause that all current members of the forums get the game for free. :P

Go for it, General Fitz Khan.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:59 am

heh... and that around the time that i've been in talks with ppl I know from school who now work for microsoft.... mostly i've been yappin' about my own game and how it should rock to those ppl, but I also always happen to yap about the way in the same breath... who knows. ;-)
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:50 pm

LunC has said that he wanted to join with a gaming company. Don't know if he still wants to do that or not.

He said he could only us The Way if he remade it in a different language like C++ as who in there right mind would submitte something using rm2k which uses a language like Pearl.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:35 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:Character Quests for The Way would kick even more ass than the ones from Tales of Legendia.

The ToL character quests were so pointless... kept fighting the same enemies over and over again, it took so long just to learn a small amount about the characters. Hell, I had to stop at Jay.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby chrono10v3r » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:16 pm

Alundra wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but didn't Lun actually state inside the game itself that he got fed up with making games and that he would try other means to show his creative side.

He also meant to make the way into a mini tv series a while ago... (go lun!)

I'm all for a 7th episode or at least a text version of why he abandonned characters such as scatha and dirk (I know that in real life you don't get to see everything about everyone, but this is still a videogame ^_^)...
But if the dude really needs a break from gaming or at least makin' them, who could blame him. :roll:
So far the supportive side... LUN GET BACK TO WORK NOW :lol: :P

Link Please!

And Lun do what ever the hell you want. Sure i would like ep7 more than any thing... but if you don't want to I'd be much happier seeing the um... arts, writer, programmer (what ever you want to call it) expressing his "creative side" the right way would make me tons happier.

Sarcasm wrote:Seeing it on the Wii wouldn't be too far fetched

Bwahahaha!!! AHAHHAHH! BWAHAHHAHHHAH! *gag* *choke* ahha... ah-ha... ah..ha... o man... that's hilarious... no not the idea of The Way being on the R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N but that people call it the Wii i thought people would be beyond that by now... even all the other companies seemed to avoid calling it the Wii, calling it Nintendo's new system and such. If you seriously like the name Wii sorry if this came as an offence, but if not just know that you all don't have to call it the Wii just because Nintendo is calling it that.
D-Y-S-L-E-X-I-A!
That's why i can spell anything.
Thank God for spell check.
chrono10v3r
Wanderer

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 pm

You do realize calling it something other than it's actual name is a bit... pathetic, right? Going out of your way to try to prove points went out with abstinence and polio.

Wrong forum for that discussion anyway.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sentinel » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:05 pm

"Just because that's it's name doesn't mean we should call it that! Hell, Nintendo doesn't know!"

Er...yeah. Bad logic.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 pm

Final fantasy I is going to be on the revolution, and some third party developers are also sumbiting their own games to be up for download.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby War » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:30 pm

You will be able to play some sega games on the Wii.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:34 pm

I assume you mean Sega as in Sega Master System or Mega Drive. Otherwise it's stupid considering Sega only make games now and have nothing to do with consoles at all.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana