Lun's next project

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:14 am

Masked Gamer wrote:Well, considering Lun seems interested in The Way, but thinks that the Rhue story is done, I figured if he were to do a film, it wouldn't be based on the games. It would probably be a brand new story that takes place on The Way.

Yeah, could you image him trying to telll the "Rhue" story though a movie. With the same anti-climatic ending....people would raid the streets.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:24 am

Outside of nerd-society as it's known, the public probably wouldn't watch a The Way film. Fantasy isn't a socially acceptable genre as far as the masses are concerned so y'know. Unless it had one of those spinny, epic montage trailers. Though I can't see that happening.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby brigas » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Rhue is over, but the mimic isn't.
brigas
Plyn

Postby Sling » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:57 pm

A 'The Way' film would be beyond excellent, I couldn't see anyone disagreeing with its awesomeness except for stupid and/or ignorant people.
Fitz Tayo wrote:Fantasy isn't a socially acceptable genre as far as the masses are concerned so y'know. Unless it had one of those spinny, epic montage trailers. Though I can't see that happening.

Shit loads of people loved Final Fantasy but the circumstances are different here. The only people I can see not accepting the Fantasy genre would be over-the-top overly super relgious people or government types.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:07 pm

I hope you're talking about Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, because nobody, and I mean nobody, liked Spirits Within. And Advent Children included technological advancements so technically it's Sci-Fi Fantasy so nobody cares. Honestly, how many chavs (The majority of Britain) like the fantasy genre? I'd say about 1 in 30. And that'd probably go for the rest of the world too, nobody likes fantasy films. Apart from say, Lord of The Rings.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Red » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:53 pm

Wow, Fitz, I was about to go crazy up in here, man. The moment you said "Fantasy is not socially acceptable" or whatever it was you said, I immediately thought: Uh, okay, LOTR won 11 Academy Awards, for pete's sakes, and that was just the third movie alone. Ha ha. Man. I'm glad you threw that in there, though.

Yeah. The Way is a cool backdrop for a film or series of films, but the Rhue story is far too complex for many audiences to comprehend. Nowadays, people want films where they don't have to think TOO hard, where the most they want to think of is "Is that character REALLY dead?". The Rhue story would push many to the limits of confusion and beyond, spirits within swords and what-not.

I don't know. I think Lun has something big planned for us/ the world. And in time, he will reveal it to us.

I just hope that time comes VERY soon. :)
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:20 pm

The Plunge would look too weird in Live Action.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:29 pm

Nah, the plunge would be one of the easier things to pull of in the way. The difficult part would be hinting at Rhue's true idenity without spoiling the film. Which then is near impossible.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Silver » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:51 pm

Yeah, thats true..

I don't think plunges would be that hard to pull off..
That Bullet has my name on it.
Silver
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:52 am

I think a series or a screenplay would fit much better then a movie.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:11 am

Err... I liked the spirits within movie, it just shouldn't have worn the title final fantasy... It was a decent movie on it's own, without the ff label stitched on it...

The plunge effects could very easily been done if you saw what they pulled off in the matrix. I'd expect to see something similar...
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby War » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:38 am

I though they could do the plunge with running instead of jumping. That would make it more real.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:24 am

Yeah, but less impressive. I totally pictured a Matrix clone for that. :P

And as for the whole Fantasy not being a social norm, four words: Pirates of the Carribean. It's friggin' huge, and it's even more socially normal than LotR.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby War » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:49 am

Thats because its Pirates! Also The LotR books had been out for like years before they made the movies.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby PsychicK » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:58 am

War wrote:I though they could do the plunge with running instead of jumping. That would make it more real.

I've been thinking the same. The jumping would look quite dumb, but the running can be quite cool.

LotR is pretty damn old. It was written and published around 50 years ago. It's been, since always, popular and succesful. Especialy because it was influenced a lot by the WWII, and came out not long after.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana