Simple question...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:12 am

We've already answered this questions, if you could be so kind, read all our posts in this thread.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:26 am

It's strange when the forum members all unite for a change instead of biting off one anothers heads... it's like fighting for the greater good... or the common evil or something like that.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 am

I agree with Spider-K. For all we know, he's done the first episode; its not going to affect us if he does this or not.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:15 am

Alundaio wrote: I don't mean using the gay click and drag features, but using the powerful scripting language it has. It is very similar to C.
Um, the click and drag thing is sure a hell of a lot easier to use than Programming, I should know as I've taken Visual Programming, Application Software Development and Programming Concepts and Practices at college.

If you really want to make The Way on RMXP than go ahead, I don't give a damn, but if The Way was put onto RMXP it would completely rape a decent game.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Red » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:16 am

I've searched through the thread multiple times, and have yet to really understand: what would be all of the benefits of switching The Way from RPG2000 to RPGXP?
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 am

Well... apparently... there's like... better graphics, which aren't actually better, just a higher resolutions that make it look really wierd... and there's uh... some sort of code thing... which of course hasn't already been done using Rm2k "Coding" already... and there was something else... Oh yeah, the menus would be Menu-Driven and not pictures... but then again... we already HAVE a working Menu with the pictures... so I'm not too sure...
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:02 pm

There will be no benefit. It would be a complete waste of time and effort. Converting it to rm2k/3 may be worthwhile but I don't really care.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:08 am

better graphics, which aren't actually better, just a higher resolutions that make it look really wierd

Only if you're using RTP; this guy said he's a spriter didn't he?

and there's uh... some sort of code thing... which of course hasn't already been done using Rm2k "Coding" already

That's actually true, thanks for pointing it out.

Oh yeah, the menus would be Menu-Driven and not pictures... but then again... we already HAVE a working Menu with the pictures

Well considering the current Way menu is pretty glitchy sometimes and not to mention kind of ugly (sorry Lun, graphic designer taking over), it couldn't hurt to remake it.

I've got no problems with a remake, if it sucks, it sucks, what do we care? If he raped the game, he's the one with the personal cost of being shunned by us.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:24 am

Personally I like Lun's menus. they are a lot more calm then most of the modern overly "hyperactive" menus fulls of colors and what not.

And perhaps I am extremely lucky or something
, But I have never had any problems with Lun's menus
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:05 am

Not every single person who plays The Way really understands the overall feeling behind it. I honestly believe Lun is one of the few people capable of putting this feeling into game form, without him behind the project I doubt it would come out in a form worth playing.

The Way was also an outlet to show Lun's dedication and mastery of RM2k, while the story is the most important, his hard work on the actual game should never be covered up by a newer version.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby randomperson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:55 am

Well considering the current Way menu is pretty glitchy sometimes

Uh, I've never seen any glitches with it other than the one where Rhue's sprite gets messed up when you access the menu in the middle of a jump.
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:56 pm

Lun's menus kick ass. If you disagree then I will proceed to attack you with a cosh and some chloroform and then tie you up in a sack and beat you with sticks.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:46 pm

And there-in lies that answers.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Asra » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:17 am

Well as long as Lun agrees to let you make it, go ahead. Like someone else said already, its no crap out or our noses... Or snot, whatever.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:06 am

Yeah, if you want to make an RMXP 'The Way' game, then go ahead. It would actually be interesting to see, although I still believe rm2k and rm2k/3 are better. RMXP is just 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana