Fireside story

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Fireside story

Postby Alundra » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:41 am

The fireside story was something that struck me as odd back in the days when episode 4 was released or was it the fifth...
I dunno long time anyhow.
Anyway, DSOK back then was utterly convinced that his point of view was the only correct one and that the hook of a story wasn't supposed to be revealed that early on and that the suggested story of rhue being 'the one' and the only person able to break the curse and something with an amulet and stuff... was utter jackrat droppings...

Now I've downloaded the set of 6 games once more and I am ever more sure and certain that Lun did meant to tell us several things during that funny interlude.
For example: If you are to pick the 'bad ass answers' you get an interesting scene between a young boy and his wench of a mother who supposedly killed of his father and now wants to do the same to him.
I dunno weather or not I'm going to deep into this, but this reminds me of both slades position during the flashback scenes.
I also do know that its not possible that Rhue has slades memory at that point in the series...
BUT Rhue has as far as we know Serena's aura in him! (yea yea debated I know, but Jeruh did kill Serena so when 'Rhue' absorbed Jeruh's aura he also took in what was left of Serena trough Jeruh.)

So what if slade, serena and chasta's mother (who's husband is no where in view during those scenes) truly did act as in that fireside story and killed her husband? What if she truly wanted to kill the little one for a reason? This opens up a whole new possible perspective on things...
(Prolly not but meh). Why can't this just be a recollection of Rhue's own mom? well... Rhue is jeruh and jeruh seems to have fond memories of his parents during that flashback so...
Also the dialogue about that pendant seems so obvious now...
The ability to love someone locked within it... When jeruh offered that pendant to serena he 'gave away his heart with it'...
Also about rhue the only one able to help her for he is kinda important now if you saw rhue fly away in the 'best' ending.
And the comment of you're standing in a pool of blood is just macabre humor from lun when he already knew serena's head got choped off... :lol:

Anyone any ideas about this?
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:27 pm

Wow... I never attached much significance to the story. I always thought: "What a stupid, stupid way to end the first episode." I guess there was some purpose after all. Other than comic releif.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:22 pm

Nice thinking *mischievous smirk*
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:15 am

... Ya know da sad part of this?
About a year ago ppl called me crazy for posting something like this...
They didn't even bother to read or reply...
NOW they see I was right all along...(at least maybe for a bit...)
Jeesh :roll: :lol:
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby triger » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm

nice thinking the actually just made me laugh at the part where lirra take over
triger
Wanderer

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Wow, and i thought that was just for laughs.
oh well, it still makes me laugh!
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:11 am

I liked how Lyla's ability to love was sealed inside that ancient artifact. Almost reminds me of the end of E6... Both Lyrra and Rhue were missing something locked inside the tower.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:12 pm

Alundra wrote:... Ya know da sad part of this?
About a year ago ppl called me crazy for posting something like this...
They didn't even bother to read or reply...
NOW they see I was right all along...(at least maybe for a bit...)
Jeesh :roll: :lol:

E6 wasn't out then. Now everything has a meaning, however remote the connection. :P
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Re: Fireside story

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Alundra wrote:I dunno weather or not I'm going to deep into this, but this reminds me of both slades position during the flashback scenes.
I also do know that its not possible that Rhue has slades memory at that point in the series...

Hey, I thought that too when I replayed E1. The horrible mother is so similar it can't be a coinsidence. I'm not sure what the significance of this. I doubt that it's a device to make the Slade flashbacks seem more significant the first time round :? as I'm sure Lun is against dramatical devices. Anyway, I feel that it's significant somehow.

Actually, why the hell was Rhue getting visions of Slade's past - he wasn't dead then.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:58 am

Angel_OA, I hoped people would draw their own conclusions from my initial post, yet I'll try to explain the reason why the horrible mother is as similar in both recollections.

As I said, rhue is parly jeruh, and jeruh absorbed serena thanks to the sword ->cut her head nearly off...
The question is, if a person dies by a shadow sword, does the aura go to the wielder of the weapon or the sword itself...

IF jeruh indeed lost the sword a long time before rhue chops of his head, then it might be that serena was absorbed into jeruh.

IF jeruh has memory loss, like lyrra, about his death, it might be that he still carried the sword. It was then taken by gaius, after burrying jeruh's corpse, and he took it back to lide to give in the hands of ballar...

Why is that important? Well...
Rhue kills jeruh, absorbs him and all the aura's jeruh has absorbed aka serena and possibly others aswell...
If he absorbs them straight from Jeruh, it would be awkward, yet more plausible. He never touched the sword that jeruh carried... So the sword might have absorbed it straight from the sword held in jeruh's hands.

Either way, that would give RHUE serena's aura too, which might actually be why retells those events with the wicked mom.

Serena IS as we all think Slade's youngest sister, and thus also of scatha
- which is why scatha points to cetsa she's lying about being serena, for she actually knew her being her lil sis an' all...

(scatha, which reminds me - I saw the movie hostle yesterday and at one point in that movie a girls face is half burnt off by a lunatic with her eye pulled out-cool make up effects btw! - which left me to debate on scatha's actual looks underneath her mask... GRUESOME! Let's be grateful of her mask!)

So in fact long story short, rhue might tell the firesidestory, because it's one of serena's early memories of her mother (although muddled) which is the same memory slade has (but more clear) since they were siblings with the same horrible mom.

The rest of the fireside story is an amalgamation of the other aura's trying to get trough to rhue, telling him actually from the start, that truth is different from what he thinks it is... yet our blue boy fails to understand it.
-according to me that is-

[quote]Actually, why the hell was Rhue getting visions of Slade's past - he wasn't dead then.[/quote]
Rhue's sword is special and slade was near death... The sword was also burried deeply in slade's flesh. It might have pulled out some aura's and stuff when yanked out by the PS.[/quote]
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:13 pm

A little bit of a stretch, but i think it's possible...
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:05 pm

Alundra wrote:So in fact long story short, rhue might tell the firesidestory, because it's one of serena's early memories of her mother (although muddled) which is the same memory slade has (but more clear) since they were siblings with the same horrible mom.

Hey... sounds like we're getting somewhere to me :) Remember what "Rhuke" says: "Hah! I know all about Dad! What ever happened to good ol' Dad? Just vanish with the wind did he? I think not." Didn't Slade's mom get rid of his dad as well...

Alundra wrote:
Actually, why the hell was Rhue getting visions of Slade's past - he wasn't dead then.

Rhue's sword is special and slade was near death... The sword was also burried deeply in slade's flesh. It might have pulled out some aura's and stuff when yanked out by the PS.
[/quote]

Remember that a person doesn't have to die to lose their aura - like Cade in Jopaga's lab.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:49 am

Ok, but where did the name "Percillious" come from then?
S1 Hilyn

Postby randomperson » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:17 am

Percellius could be the name of one of the random peoples' auras he absorbed.
randomperson
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:10 pm

Percellius was their Dad's name. :lol:
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana