The Way "Book Series"

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way "Book Series"

Postby aarn321 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:53 pm

A friend of my dad's let me borrow a book indefinitely that he had. The book was written by someone who use to live across the street from him. It's call "The Box and the Shiny Red Ball" Well the book is a load of crock but he got it published through this site called airleaf.com and as long as the author has enough money, anyone can publish a book through there. Well that got me thinking. What if Luke and his brother (forgot his name) drew an outline for a book version of The Way and hired somebody to write it out (or they could write it themselves and save the money.)

I know it'd be hard, we'd have to find a way to work things like the auras and plunges and all that stuff into the book, and it'd have to be reworked to go better with a book than a video game.

We could probably make each one of the games into a book, or make one book covering the entire series. Or perhaps we could think up a new story in the same world. Than all that would have to be done is get some money and publish it/them. If it's promoted good (and shown how phenominal the video game series is.) It could work out.

I personally think if this happens it should be done as a book remake of the series, since than you don't have to worry about writers block so much.

I personally think it's a great idea. Instead of going straight to LunC I thought I'd bring it to the community first for initial feedback ideas.
aarn321
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:07 am

I say like this, fwacho has made a book of crestfallen. I intend on purchasing it some day. If the way becomes a book, I would probably purchase it aswell. But then I'm a fan.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:55 pm

I've nearly finished writing The Way into a book but it'll probably be crappy as my english skills suck.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:04 pm

I'm already on that too. I've PMed Lun about a novelization, but he hasn't officially sanctioned it. He said that if a book was to be written, he'd like to do it himself. He's posted my prologue as a fanfiction (somewhere.) I'm just waiting for a link, then you all can check it out. Bet you like it more than Sling's (no offence.)
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:42 pm

Sling wrote:I've nearly finished writing The Way into a book but it'll probably be crappy as my english skills suck.

And you've asked lun before it?
He could sue you for millions.

No wait, pelase continue, then he'll sue you get cash, use cash to publish his stories in any medium he wishes.
IT*S THE PERFECT PLAN!

Or you should really ask lun beforehand, he owns copyright ton the storyline, I can't write down LoTR if I want to cause it's copyrighted.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:20 am

You assholes are all thieves. I wrote the first novelization, and I intend to keep writing it better than you could.

Although I'd be interested in reading what anyone else has done in case there are any ideas worth stealing.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Red » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:14 pm

Telephalsion wrote:Or you should really ask lun beforehand, he owns copyright ton the storyline, I can't write down LoTR if I want to cause it's copyrighted.

Actually, Tel, I've checked this stuff out. You can, but you can not profit from it. Doing so would result in a possible lawsuit.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:40 pm

Red wrote:
Telephalsion wrote:Or you should really ask lun beforehand, he owns copyright ton the storyline, I can't write down LoTR if I want to cause it's copyrighted.

Actually, Tel, I've checked this stuff out. You can, but you can not profit from it. Doing so would result in a possible lawsuit.

Actually, if he offers up a free text document in the Internet, he can be sued for hurting the sales of the product.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:49 pm

Except there's no product being sold at the moment.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:23 pm

Masked Gamer wrote:Except there's no product being sold at the moment.

True, but in the past there have been cases where the suing company has won because it has claimed that they were "planning" to sell their still non existent product.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:03 pm

Yes, however they need hard written proof of this. Not just something that appears as a whim, but an actual announcement or detailed plan.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:24 pm

Masked Gamer wrote:Yes, however they need hard written proof of this. Not just something that appears as a whim, but an actual announcement or detailed plan.

USA- the country of crazy illogical law suits ^_^
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:26 pm

But seriously, anyone trying to convert the game into writing will have to cunsult Lun, out of sheer respect.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:51 am

Lun has at least condoned my novelisation, putting it up on Fan Features and all. Speaking of which, I'm working on that again, I think it'll go well. I skipped the chapter that I've been unable to decide how to write for many months and am now writing Episode 2.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:24 pm

Impossible wrote:You assholes are all thieves. I wrote the first novelization, and I intend to keep writing it better than you could.

Although I'd be interested in reading what anyone else has done in case there are any ideas worth stealing.

Just wait...

Mwahhaahhahhaaahhahahackcough! :twisted:

Fanfiction isn't an infringement of copyright, correct? (At least I hope not.)
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana