The Upper Way and Citadels

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:02 pm

Once again, that's pretty specious. I mean, on earth, we have the earth's crust, we have the core and mantle, which by most definitions is quite similar to hell. Not to mention mines, caves and volcanos that prove that this magma saturated land exists. Both of these facts are very similar to the state of The Way. However, just becuase we hear heaven exists, are we to believe that it exists in the clouds, since hell (or what people of an ancient time would consider to be hell) exists below the earth? I don't see why.

And to be honest, I'm just stating my opinion, it just happens to contrast yours. What's the point of having a conversation about theories if no one challenges them?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:50 am

Uh, we have the crust...so far so good. We also have the core and mantle. This is true as well. But it stops there. There is no possible way for shit to maintain shape down there. There's too much goddamn heat and pressure. Plus, its all fucking magma. Hell is believed, if you read the far side at all, to be a very very hot cave. A cave with fire, yes, but there is ground. Ground, not melted ground aka magma. If you're going to relate the way to the earth, I have to bring up the matter that there is not a single thing that is solid once past the crust. The rest is all too hot to be solid due to the Gay-lussac law. Basically there's pressure...and then theres temperature...More pressure? A higher temperature! The pressure and, get this, temperature increase as you go towards the center. The heat is generally uniform at a given depth if you were to measure 2 points, but I can't guarentee 100% accuracy because the magma is in a process of perpetual convection, causing cirulation and constant maintainance/change of heat. What does this mean? This means there'd be tons of shit pushing UP though any caves with openings! There'd be no caves! Only hot hot magma. Or a protective layer of crust that separates the crust from the mantle.

I mean, just look it up! Sure, there are volcanic caves, but that's when the magma is gone! And to link reality to the way even more, the reaches couldn't have lava for long unless there was an eruption recently, and then they'd be gone really fast, not fast enough for spike mechanisms to spontaneously make themselves.

Seriously, look at what you're saying! The idea of linking reality to The Way is such a BAD idea that I'm demonstrating it further by using a comic for an example! Comon!

As for the "heaven" dealie...If there was DE and the real deal, one could say that the sword can only copy, and is therefore unable to make new stuff up, so the upper way could exist. However, the sword could just be making stuff up and decided to replicate middle and lower parts but completely made up the upper way.

It's all a matter of preference.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:39 am

In that long explanation, you seem to have missed the point, however, I do admire your scientific knowledge. The point is, our knowledge that the mantle exists and that magma oozes up from the mantle at some points in time is partly what convinced people Hell must be real or could be real. The same goes for the reaches. Their logic is that the location and circumstance of what people think of as The Lower Way are true, therefore everything about the Lower Way must be true. But true or not, that doesn't mean that there's an upper way just because there's similar amounts of proof.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:49 am

Masked Gamer wrote:Once again, that's pretty specious. I mean, on earth, we have the earth's crust, we have the core and mantle, which by most definitions is quite similar to hell. Not to mention mines, caves and volcanos that prove that this magma saturated land exists. Both of these facts are very similar to the state of The Way. However, just becuase we hear heaven exists, are we to believe that it exists in the clouds, since hell (or what people of an ancient time would consider to be hell) exists below the earth? I don't see why.

And to be honest, I'm just stating my opinion, it just happens to contrast yours. What's the point of having a conversation about theories if no one challenges them?

You're not even challenging (already unbacked) logic properly, that example is completely off. You're saying that the original statement is that Hell exists, Earth exists, Heaven exists. Then you attempt to say hell must exist because we have caves and lava. Hell in the real world isn't equivalent to the lower way in The Way. The underground caverns in The Way are easily believable as the lower way because it fits the description we have been given throughout the story, we aren't told that the dead reside there, like with hell.

In the end, your reasoning was that since we have something that is hardly even remotely similar to the commonly described hell (lacks devils, the dead, etc.), we must have heaven. Do you see the problem here? The underground exists, Earth exists, The sky exists. That works. We're keeping in line with a series of beliefs, but you don't throw hell into the mix and attempt to prove heaven when hell wasn't proven in the first place. Truthfully, you cannot prove heaven or hell, or even parts of biblical Earth. We can prove The Middle Way and the Lower Way simply by definition just because we weren't given defintions that were entirely outside the physical reality of The Way universe. The Upper Way isn't a long shot compared to what we've seen.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:45 pm

I'm not trying to prove that hell exists on earth. I think you've missed the point, read back a few posts, maybe.

Hypothetically speaking, there is proof in The Way, that a lower way exists. In reality, there was at one time acceptable proof that hell exists. Just because that is the case, that does not mean that the opposite, upper way and heaven respectively, must exist when we haven't seen any strong proof that it exists. That's all.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:03 pm

We need a narrow-eyed smiley. =_=
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:53 pm

Elachim wrote:We need a narrow-eyed smiley. =_=

ARGH! IT BURNS! the sheer irony is so delicious I am crying, you are a friggin genius, I am not worthy!
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:59 pm

what's this then? -_-
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:36 pm

A hyphen followed by an underscore, and then by another hyphen.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Brilliant you are, my friend.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:57 pm

Telephalsion wrote:what's this then? -_-

Closed eyes. Like asleep or something. :P

But I meant a proper emoticons like the ones on the left panel. Y'know. Ach, whatever.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:28 am

^____^;;; KEKEKE
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:29 am

HolsteinCow wrote:

^____^;;; KEKEKE

KILL IT WITH FIRE! NOW!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Alundra » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:35 pm

another great topic with a nice start bombarded to death with useless spams due to inactivity of a certain lun (lol just kiddin' buddy, you just keep workin' till ya fully sure you wanna spill somethin'! :wink: )
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Alundra wrote:another great topic with a nice start bombarded to death with useless spams due to inactivity of a certain lun (lol just kiddin' buddy, you just keep workin' till ya fully sure you wanna spill somethin'! :wink: )

Each and every time I face a post and think "Well, this is the ultimate irony" someone in this forum surprises me once more.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana