The Upper Way and Citadels

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:59 pm

Is it just me or does Masked Gamer constantly get into pointless heated arguments for no reason at all?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:45 pm

Hey if the bounderies of theories don't get tested, you'll never know if they're valid or not. I only argue every theory because I have no real opinions on the debated elements of The Way.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:53 am

:?
You do realise that was irony/deliberate hipocracy? I was pointing out you get into pointless heated arguments for nothing and I do it all the time.

But anywho, I am beginning to understand your backward ways.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:38 am

I've never noticed that you get into heated arguments, but cool, I'm not alone (despite a probable difference in motives).
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:58 am

I do it, not only to argue a case, but I get angry easily. Sometimes it is fun. I managed to have full blown argument with some guy about the pronounciation of Jeruh.

Masked Gamer wrote:I've never noticed that you get into heated arguments

Jeez, where were you for that Richard Dawkins thang? The biggest and most heatedest (yes I know heatedest is not a word) fury-engulfed heat/fire argument type-esque thing ever. It was so furious, that it was engulfed by the fire of 1000 suns and was destroyed with the swords of 1000 unwashed Arabs.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:58 am

Jeez, where were you for that Richard Dawkins thang? The biggest and most heatedest (yes I know heatedest is not a word) fury-engulfed heat/fire argument type-esque thing ever. It was so furious, that it was engulfed by the fire of 1000 suns and was destroyed with the swords of 1000 unwashed Arabs.

I lost you at "Jeez", but I'll take your word for it.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:17 pm

OK, back on topic. What I was trying to say was IF there was Upper Way. Yes, I said if. Let's just take a moment to absorb that. *absorb* OK, IF there was an Upper Way in Dream Estrana, then there should be one in real life, becuase DE is an exact replica of the real Estrana. Whether or not the Upper Way exists is another matter.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:30 am

Well its not an exact replica of Estrana. Not to mention, all the "upper way" stuff in Dream Estrana DEFINITELY doesn't exist where it does in regular Estrana. That would make no real sense, would it?
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:30 pm

Anyways, the upper way never really seems to bear any real significance to the series. Unless that's where Rhue flies off to in the Lexus ending...
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 am

To be fair, just because they haven't travelled there doesn't mean it has no significance. It could be a metaphor for or a hint at something else. I doubt Lun would just put it in for kicks.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:17 am

Angel_OA wrote:Anyways, the upper way never really seems to bear any real significance to the series. Unless that's where Rhue flies off to in the Lexus ending...

How can you say that with such certainty? As I already suggested, who knows what that place in Dream Estrana might be? The reality in the way might be different from ours. Kloe ends up in a really weird spot too when on trial by the blana sera. That might be a similar dream thingy or a physical version of the upper way or just something different all together, a higher plane of being?...
Ken~ says: I'll be a cop by then...
~Alundra~ says:All right, grand tour of china! drivin' around in a cop car!
Ken~says:You'll be wearing the uniform too?
~Alundra~ says:no u'll wear the uniform
~Alundra~ says:i'll just be sitting next to you going woeh woeh woeh ¨-^
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:52 am

Masked Gamer wrote:Well its not an exact replica of Estrana. Not to mention, all the "upper way" stuff in Dream Estrana DEFINITELY doesn't exist where it does in regular Estrana. That would make no real sense, would it?
Please explain, otherwise I will dimiss thisas sheer and utter bollocks.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:02 am

Well, somehow I doubt the upper way exists inside the Arm of Estrana. Also, Reflective Sky isn't actually connected to Estrana in any way.

I just don't think that anything we see in DE is a good measure of what exists in The Way. For instance, portals and teleporters have never been seen anywhere in The Way.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:02 am

See, that wasn't too hard was it? That was a good answer for reasons why the Upper Way does not exist. But could you please explain why DE is not an exact replica of Real Estrana.

Remember, coming up with a feasible answer always helps.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:40 am

The connections and random teleportation symbols that have never been seen ANYWHERE else in the way, let alone in Estrana. Mismatching interiors in some buildings. Back entrances to buildings that lead to bizarre landscapes. Not to mention the people who inhabit the city, which while they are not a part of the landscape, they do change the look, feel and meaning of things.

In short, I just don't think that a twisted world, compiled by a magic sword that is TRYING to screw with Rhue/the user's mind is an accurate reflection of reality.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana