A code...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:38 am

Well i doubt Lun would mind us dechiphering his little code.. after all he put it out in "plain sight". So unless he is stupid (wich i doubt :P) he simply could have done this to test our ability to comprehend his delicate intellectual ramblings. Or he could be desperate for attention but doesn't wan't to post at a match making sitre... Who knows...

Oh wait gotta go someone is knocking at my door... it's kind of dark.. he looks like he's holding a sword though.. better check.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Large » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:14 pm

Actually, those codes are MEANT to be discovered. Why else would Lun put them? Lun must know that those kind of secrets add a lot of spice to the game....

*Opening the door...

Large> Oh, hi Mr. Shadowed Person!
Woolies! Woohoo!
Large
Plyn

Postby Chip » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:50 pm

Large? Where the heck did YOU come from? Anyway..

He could have one of two intentions:

---He wants to add, like Large said, 'spice' to the depth of the game.
OR--- He wants to give us something to do while we wait for Episode 6. :lol:

Those are just my theories. Now go decipher them codes, boys.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

snide remark

Postby fwacho » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:58 pm

Exiled wrote:How the hell did Rhue get to our dimension?

I'll bet the flight was murder. :lol:
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Large » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:23 am

What do yo mean? I said why i was here. Interesting theories, and The Way has "way" better plot that any Squaresfot game i've played., that's why i am here.... and, no, i'm not going to say where the heck i come from.
Woolies! Woohoo!
Large
Plyn

Citadel

Postby Rangi42 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:40 pm

So the only unsolved messages are:

#28:
5 - 3 - 8 - 2
2656. 7774647 (Colo. Springs (Colorado Springs))

#31:
84373 47 66 663! (There is no one!)
73176 743 539.

#32 ("63267 86 6663.") is probably "Means to none.", since "means" and "nothing" are words in Rhue's reaction. As for #28, I have some new information. I reduced the 11,668 possible meanings of "33722676" to 91 by eliminating impossibilities/improbabilities like "QB" and "CAO". Most of the 91 are pronounceable but meaningless, and none are real words according to Firefox's spellchecker. If anyone wants to sift through them for a street or something in Colorado Springs, here they are:
DEPABOPO DEPABORM DEPABORN DEPABORO DEPABOSO DEPACOPO DEPACORN DEPACORO DEPACOSO DERABOPO DERABORN DERABORO DERABOSO DERACOPO DERACORM DERACORN DERACORO DERACOSO DERBAMPO DERBANSO DERCAMPO DERCAMSO DERCANSO DESABOPO DESABORM DESABORN DESABORO DESABOSO DESACOPO DESACORM DESACORN DESACORO DESACOSO DESCAMPO DESCAMRO DESCAMSO DESCANPO DESCANSO EDRABOPO EDRABORM EDRABORN EDRABORO EDRABOSO EDRACOPO EDRACORM EDRACORN EDRACORO EDRACOSO EFRABOPO EFRABORM EFRABORN EFRABORO EFRABOSO EFRACOPO EFRACORM EFRACORN EFRACORO EFRACOSO FEPABOPO FEPABORM FEPABORN FEPABORO FEPABOSO FEPACOPO FEPACORM FEPACORN FEPACORO FEPACOSO FERABOPO FERABORM FERABORN FERABORO FERABOSO FERACOPO FERACORM FERACORN FERACORO FERACOSO FESABOPO FESABORM FESABORN FESABORO FESABOSO FESACOPO FESACORM FESACORN FESACORO FESACOSO FESCAMPO FESCAMSO FESCANSO

Furthermore, upon looking up Colorado Springs on Google Earth, I found that there's a mall there called... The Citadel! (I haven't uploaded an image yet, but the coordinates are: 38*50'35.07" N, 104*45'40.57" W.) It's shaped like a cross, with the streets above and below it called "Citadel Drive N" and "Citadel Drive S".

Edit: If "5 - 3 - 8 - 2" is a word (doubtful), these are the 15 pronounceable "words" that can be made (only "LETA" is a real word):
JETA JEUA JEUB JEUC JEVA KETA KEUA KEUB KEUC KEVA LETA LEUA LEUB LEUC LEVA
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:57 am

Well done, hopefuly you've given us the string we need.
Though I may be overly optimistic this may help us solve the much harder code in E6.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 am

Quite the necro-post if you ask me. We have enough trouble withthat already with the spam bots.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:05 pm

Well he could make a new topic, not that it matters much though.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

"necro-post"

Postby Rangi42 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:26 pm

Oops. I didn't realize this topic was that old, and it already had most of the decodings.

The "much harder code" is the PGP message, right? I assume the key 'BISHOP" or "bishop" has been tried. "MAN" or "man" might be keys as well, since the BISHOP event's message calls him that.

(As for the code right in the BISHOP event, "iyhnlsytba aserteaijx dmoddoioai rswfsdnmax ltouxategx eiseamwccn", I tried using a Vigenere cipher to decode it (with the keys "bishop" and "man". Didn't work.)
Edit: Never mind, it was already decoded as "I dearly miss those wonderful days. Some day I want to come back again.".

What are all the codes in The Way?
  • Messages in the upper tiles of the Barrucha and Pits caves, some of which were telephone-encoded
  • Telephone-encoded messages in Jopaga's books (almost all solved)
  • PGP message in the beginning of Episode 6 (unsolved)
  • Coded message in the BISHOP event
  • That "scavenger hunt" code which spelled out "CITADEL" and has the note about Serena's hair
  • Easter eggs: deleted scenes, notes in the events, messages when looking at bookshelves or mirrors, Episode 2's original hero of The Way, Episode 3's C.O.O.L. meeting, Episode 4's short sketch, Cocoa's additions...
  • Not technically a code, but many plot points are left for the player to figure out
Last edited by Rangi42 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:20 pm

We already solved Bishop.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Estrana