The Way article(s) on the RPG Maker Wiki

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way article(s) on the RPG Maker Wiki

Postby Invisionary » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:14 am

Attention:

The RPG Maker Wiki has recently underwent a massive revamp. Lun has expressed a desire for me to post this thread regarding recruiting people to elaborate on the currently meager The Way article.

So it's less of a headache for everyone, I strongly recommend a small team of fans volunteer do the initial work (and if more than two people volunteer, they should appoint a leader) so that I won't be teaching wikitext to an auditorium, but a classroom.

I will need at least one team leader, and that person can have as many reliable subordinates as they want, (even 0) organized however they want. (see guidelines below) All I ask for in this regard is that a team leader [and preferably the most trustworthy subordinates as well] give me some form of reliable contact info (reliable meaning you use/check it often, be it IM or e-mail) so I can answer Wikitext-related questions and give out Wikitext training as needed. (it's really simple don't worry)

Alternatively, my chatroom can be used for answering Wikitext-related questions and giving out Wikitext training.

I am aware that various theories/errata exist regarding the events that occurred in each episode of The Way. Whether you are on the team or not, please refrain from making any Way-related articles other than ones a team leader has approved.

The following is just a draft of recommended guidelines Lun can use for managing this. The only rule that I actually require is that any edits to the RPG Maker Wiki comply with the Wiki's rules expressed or implied, present or future... yata yata yata.

Duties of Lun or a duly appointed proxy:
  • Do whatever the heck they want with the Way-related articles so long as it complies with the Wiki's rules expressed or implied, present or future.
  • Restrict or re-assign the duties of any team member as they see fit.
  • Hire or fire any team member as they see fit.

Duties of a team leader:
  • Refrain from acting contradictory to the wishes of Lun or a duly appointed proxy in regards to Way-related articles, on pain of termination.
  • Hire or fire team members as he/she sees fit so long as it complies with the wishes of Lun or a duly appointed proxy.
  • Delegate or not delegate any of the following duties to any team member as they see fit:
    • Review Way-related articles for notability (Typically only in the sense that there shouldn't be an article for each and every theory, character, or errata) and if a trivial Way-related article exists, to mark it for deletion.
    • Maintain Way-related articles with the most recent notable information.
        ("notable" being information that is not "trivial", as deemed by a team leader, Lun, or a duly appointed proxy)
        (if a piece of information is deemed notable by a team leader, Lun, or a duly appointed proxy, any person unless stated or implied by a team leader, Lun, or a duly appointed proxy, may volunteer to input that information into the relevant Way-related articles)
    • Protect Way-related articles from vandalism.
    • Approve as needed all Way-related articles before they are actually created. (This is in the sense that a team member can simply make a subpage off their own profile page to contain the draft of the article they wish to make, which then would be approved by a team leader before creation)
  • Any duties as deemed necessary by the majority of team leaders or Lun or a duly appointed proxy so long as they comply the wishes of Lun or a duly appointed proxy and with the Wiki's rules expressed or implied, present or future.

Duties of other team members:
  • Refrain from acting contradictory to the wishes of a team leader, Lun, or a duly appointed proxy in regards to Way-related articles, on pain of termination.

Also, all of the above also applies to other Crestfallen Studios games.
"A mature child lacking in world-weariness is merely naive, but
a world-weary child lacking in maturity is in grave danger."
Invisionary
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:15 am

I would volunteer but I currently lack the time, Though be aware of the fact that the people around here are rather lazy when it comes to anything beside theorizing and will rarely get anything done

good luck
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:12 am

We really should make an effort on this - I nominate Sage or Jera or maybe even the Linkmaster General.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:35 am

I guess I can spare the time to head this up. I'm passably proficient at wikitext from work on a previous wiki, so that's not really any issue. All of the contact info in my profile should be current and usable.

Anyone who wants to lend a hand can. All of this stuff with team leaders and duties seems like frivolous bureaucracy (typical of rpgmaker sites), so feel free to just pitch articles at me. We can just use this topic for that kind of stuff. I can handle the editing and whatnot. To be honest, I never really visited the E6 theory forum, but I know Sage has a pretty big presence there, so it would be great to have his input. Wellsy, you're one of the only remotely level-headed members here, so if you want to help out, feel free. Non-seq, likewise.

I'll check this stuff out more in detail tomorrow. I have a pretty solid article structure in mind, but stuff like individual character bios are definitely no-brainers, so anyone can feel free to start a description. Just remember these fundamentals:
  • Avoid first-person pronouns ("I"), etc.
  • Avoid editorial content (opinions and whatnot).
  • Don't worry too much about formatting, I'll come around and fix it later.
  • Look at existing wikipedia articles to get ideas for structuring and neutral voice.

For now, I need some sleep.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:03 am

For the theory subsection, I think that it'll be impractical for any single person to write it, we need to meet in mIRC and make a rundown of all the generally accepted/able theories.

NINJA-EDIT: Also, the recent argument about Serena being a character or not made me think of the fact that many characters are controversial as well and a discussion about them should ensue in the same time when we discuss the theories.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:53 am

I'll volunteer, but I should probably look at the page first....

I've done some wiki-ing myself, on behalf of the great Stephen Colbert on certain...elephant-related pages a long time ago. See, the key to wiki-abuse would be in making an account for a grammatical or spelling-error fix and then not using it for months, making it...un-new if I were to use it a year later to spam a page....>.>

In Vietnam, a good wiki-ing would cost only Five American Dollars.

'kay, done now...Lets see what I can do. I know a few tricks, but nothing fancy. Just basics, and that little code of conduct Jera mentioned.

NINJA-EDIT!

Okay, looked at the page. Uh...wow...Do we even want to bother? We've got....like...11 completed games and 30 "demo" games. Oh, and 2 of the 11 finished games are the ones that come with Rpg Maker...2 are Crestfallen and The way....Wow...Epic.

I don't know or forgot to see how many members there are on a wiki, but who knows, maybe I'm just mocking him, as is my inherent nature.

Also, I think we need a few vets for this project, for serious. Yes, that makes grammatical sense to me. Like "Fo' Rizzles"....

Anyhow, we need some vets, including Fwacho. There's a page dedicated to Lun, and unless the Wacholtz (sp?) family divorced and Lun's last name became Calsari, I think we will need Fwacho to help fill in some "About the author" info on Lun's Page:http://rpgmaker.wikia.com/wiki/Lun_Calsari

Y'know, hopes, dreams, fears, secret crushes, childhood background, weaknesses, talents, where he's attending, that he's taking Japanese (is he an "anime crazy"?), his major in college, plans for the future, stuff like that...

Also, does Lun keep a log/archive of his newsposts from the front page? That'd certainly be useful if we could see some of those.

And random thought: We're going to need a section/page explaining the Badass Five. No doubt about it. Right here and now, making it clear from the start, theres gotta be at least a section on them.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Okay, looked at the page. Uh...wow...Do we even want to bother? We've got....like...11 completed games and 30 "demo" games. Oh, and 2 of the 11 finished games are the ones that come with Rpg Maker...2 are Crestfallen and The way....Wow...Epic.

It goes along with what I said. Typical for rpgmaker related sites: institutionalized and frivolous bureaucracy for something nobody's involved with in the first place. Just think of Ryan on this one. Regardless, if Lun wishes it, his will be done.

Anyway, I thinking of a structure that goes something like this ("=" denotes a specific sub-article, "-" denotes a major sub-heading)
  • =The Way (A series overview)
  • ---Introduction (General info, etc)
  • ---Features (graphically, CMS, etc)
  • ====The Plunge
  • ---Battle system (what changes were made to the DBS, etc)
  • ---Characters
  • ====Major
  • ====Minor
  • ==Terminology
  • --------Shadow Swords
  • --------Upper Way
  • --------etc...
  • ---Individual Episode blurbs
  • ====Episode 1 (in depth)
  • -----------Plot summary
  • -----------Stuff
  • ====Episode 2
  • ====etc...
  • ---Theories
  • =====In-depth dedicated sub-article(s)
  • ---Themes, sybolism, etc
  • ---About the creator/creation
  • -------About the development
  • ====Lun himself
  • ---Trivia
  • ---Other stuff

Something like that. Any suggestions?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:44 pm

Add a Secrets section. Or a Funnies section. To put all the easter eggs, and special things in. Like Cocoa's name and occupation in the credits. Lol. Public Relations - Cocoa O. Murto (you're fired). I was laughing so hard at that.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:07 pm

Personal information about lun might go on lun's own page. Take a look at it. It's like...less than ten lines of code, of course I don't care to check and verify for sure, but I was there last night.

But trivia about Lun's thoughts on the way and the various quirks of the making of would be cool.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm

I've been replaying the episodes, so here are plot summaries for the first three episodes, sorry for the long post:

Episode 1 – The Land beneath the Sky

“Wanderers … All who exist are wanderers.” So begins the saga of the Way as Rhue tells us it’s been a long time since he last saw “her,” saying he’ll never be complete without her and assuring himself that he’ll find her someday. He tells all of this to a group of wanderers around a campfire one night, before leaving to continue searching. After he leaves, a shadowy figure emerges from the woods while everyone sleeps and murders those in the camp. The next day, Rhue captures a Red Swiftfoot in the hopes of using it to barter for goods, but a black-haired stranger appears, stabs Rhue, and takes the Swiftfoot, leaving him for dead. Rhue awakens to find he is healed by Dana, and they continue onward through a rainstorm to a bridge where a headhunter stops them looking for a person named Jeruh. The headhunter attacks them, defeating Rhue’s companions and beating Rhue in the Plunge, before being killed by a green-haired stranger who takes them to the nearest settlement. There, Rhue discovers there’s a rabbit race the next day and the Swiftfoot that was stolen from him has been entered. He gets the judge drunk and is named the race judge himself in order to steal his Swiftfoot back. That night, he dreams of the night he and Serena, his love, were separated, as they ran from beasts through the woods before being cornered at the river, where Serena is knocked in. The next morning, Rhue sets up as judge of the race and steals the Swiftfoot as it crosses the finish line. As he runs away from the angry mob, he meets Traziun, who Plunges him and offers to join up with him. At a fork in the path, Traziun convinces Rhue to go through a cavern as a dark figure watches them enter. Inside they hear cries of help and find a wanderer named Gaius injured and trapped beyond a chasm. They rescue him and escape the cave, and find refuge in a camp with Lyrra and her family. They tell stories around the campfire before Gaius slips away and everyone falls asleep, and the shadow figure again appears with its sword drawn and advances toward the camp.

Episode 2 – Echoes of the Past Decry

The shadow figure advances, and Rhue wakes up to see it as it simply looks at him and walks away. The next morning, they all move out, and Rhue Plunges Nomi and Rosmar, accidentally wounding the latter, and Rhue and Traziun part ways with Lyrra’s fist. Traversing through the forest, Rhue and Traziun come across two dead wanderers and a blood trail leading into the underbrush, where a third body lies barely buried. The killer must be close, and Rhue vows to catch up with him. Farther on, they find Gaius unconscious where a bridge has collapsed, possibly rigged by the killer. He joins them and they defeat a band of the bandits known as Blue Scarves before coming to the settlement of Lide. There is a commotion inside the local pub, and Rhue and Traziun go in to investigate, while Gaius stays outside and wonders why Rhue doesn’t remember him and the person they both killed. Inside, there is a huge fight among the patrons over a beautiful woman named Cetsa. To stop the brawl she offers to set up a Plunge tournament to win a kiss from her, so Rhue and Traziun sign up and meet a loquacious wanderer named Alan in the pub lobby. When they leave, the Lide guards outside tell their leader Kloe they saw something come over the town walls. Rhue goes snooping for the intruder and gets accidentally knocked out by Kloe, who argues with him and sends him back to the bunkhouse. The next day, the Plunge tournament begins. After the opening round, a group from town decides to go to a local monster den to hunt for treasure. Rhue and Traziun hang back a bit and go inside the den to find the group attacked by a large flying beast. They rescue an injured Alan and kill a lesser monster before heading back to town and finding the head of Lide, Foreman Ballar, concluding a date with Cetsa. Back at the bunkhouse, Rhue tells Traziun about Serena and how his childhood friends all snuck out at night to play at a secret spot before being attacked by beasts. Serena was knocked into the river and Rhue was knocked unconscious. When he awoke, he left to find two silent and unmoving strangers who gave him his sword. Traziun tells Rhue that this incident became known as the Landorin Massacre, and that there was another survivor who was so traumatized they never spoke of what happened. The next day, during the second round of the tournament, Traziun defeats Kygar, which surprises Cetsa. That night, as Rhue is going to sleep, the shadow figure enters the room, and Rhue follows it back out to see Traziun and Kloe saying the thing from the night before has been spotted again. They investigate around town and see someone go into Foreman Ballar’s house. Kloe and the guards go in first, there is a scream, and Rhue and Traziun enter to find Ballar is dead and a guard saying Kloe saw Cetsa kill him. They follow them to a cavern beneath the house, where Cetsa and Kygar are arguing with a masked woman over a sword. Kloe confronts Cetsa and she admits the tournament was a scam and Kygar was supposed to win. They are about to fight when the sword begins to pulse, and Rhue automatically leaps forward and knocks it into the abyss below. The masked woman is pushed into the pits, and Cetsa and Kygar disappear after a battle. The sword Rhue knocked away was a Shadow Sword, Kloe says, and she says that as a Blood Lyn, she must leave town to report to the nearest Battle Grounds. The next morning, Rhue finds Traziun has gone, and sees the black-haired bandit who stole his Swiftfoot, Strata, telling Kloe he’s looking for Rhue. As Rhue hurries out of town, Traziun is back in the cavern, vowing to find the sword and have revenge on his father. Days later, in the Marna Stretch, Rhue comes across a headhunter who says they met a short time ago when Rhue was looking for someone named Jeruh and calls Rhue by the name “Midian.” Rhue eventually comes to Turnway, where he is brought before Forewoman Hill who recruits him to man a secret weapon to fend off an impending attack from the Blue Scarves so she can capture their leader, Dancing Violet. As the attack begins, Cetsa, who appears to be Dancing Violet, leads the charge with Kygar. Rhue and the Turnway guards are able to dispel the attack, and Cetsa retreats while being pursued. Rhue follows to find Hill about to execute Cetsa, and is shocked to see Cetsa wearing a pendant he gave Serena. Hill refuses to let him question her, and Rhue attacks Hill and the guards, while Cetsa runs off and Kloe shows up to knock out Rhue. He awakes to find himself imprisoned and about to be executed as Kloe accuses him of selfishness, and he wonders if Cetsa could be Serena.

Episode 3 – A Lost Love Carried On

The green-haired stranger from earlier, Slade, busts into Rhue’s cell expecting to find Cetsa. Rhue tells him he’s a Blue Scarve and will lead Slade to Dancing Violet, who Slade says is his one true love. They retrieve Rhue’s sword as the shadow watches them. They make their way through canyons and behind a waterfall in caverns before making their way out and coming across Alan and another girl. She rebuffs his advances, and Slade roughs him up before they hear a scream ahead. They hurry to see Lyrra’s fist killed and her father Jed clinging to life. Lyrra has been kidnapped by the Blue Scarves, and, before asking Rhue to kill him to end his suffering, Jed begs Rhue to find Lyrra. Rhue and Slade sneak into the Blue Scarve camp and into the tent with Cetsa and Lyrra, where Slade reveals he is actually a Shadow Foot on the Vigilance Council whose mission is to bring in Cetsa. As Blue Scarves enter, Cetsa runs out with Slade in pursuit, and Rhue ignores Lyrra to follow them. He finds Kygar and Cetsa cornered by Slade, and Kygar knocks out Cetsa so he can escape himself. Slade tells Rhue if he wants to ask her any questions he’ll have to go to Estrana, where she’ll stand trial. Rhue goes back for Lyrra to find she’s already disappeared, and continues on, exhausted, finally stopping to rest by a Pitfall. Strata shows up and Rhue gives him the Swiftfoot back before Strata casually pushes Rhue into the Pits and throws the Swiftfoot in after him. Strata goes back to Lyrra, who he rescued from the tent, and tells her they’ll go find her father in Estrana. Rhue wakes up underground, and his Swiftfoot, who he names Dippy, runs off past a monster and the masked woman from Lide. Rhue kills the monster and the woman reacts with anger, saying it was going to help her retrieve a treasure. She introduces herself as Scatha and offers to lead him to the surface if he helps her get this treasure. They head deeper underground before coming to a subterranean volcano, where Rhue Plunges and defeats a Shadow Man and rescues Scatha from rising lava. Higher up, she ridicules him for his love of Serena and leaves him to wander the caves before coming to an entrance blocked by spikes. He curses the Purpose and weeps as the spikes retract, and he leaves the Pits as Scatha looks on. She had triggered the spikes, and says she knows Rhue from before. On the surface, Rhue comes across Traziun and two Blood Lyn headed to the Matalan Battle Grounds and speaking of the shadowy killer on the way, now being known as the Phantom Slasher. As they head towards Matalan, they battle four Guided who are heckling Kloe. During the fight Kloe is injured, and they take her inside, where she meets the Blana Sera. They look into her mind to view her past, seeing that after her blood brother left, she was contracted out to Ballar, who seduced her and then broke her heart by cheating with several other women. The Blana Sera pronounce she has failed her task and sentence her to death. Rhue and Traziun sneak outside at midnight to see her execution as the Black Lyn arrives to mete out justice.

Hope this is OK for now, I'll keep working on the last three.

P.S. 400th post for the winz0rz!!1!
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:49 am

Yeah, uhm....Annoying guy...what's his name? "Invisionary" has bitched to me that we should be contributing to the Wiki. Like I can motivate you people? Am I some great spokesman, whose ideas reflect the people/creatures of this community? I doubt that severely. Therefore, I move that we select a "Bitch" for him to complain to when we all get bored or find something shiny and bound off. I nominate AvatarFreakyMarshmellowNecromancer thingy to step up to the task. I'm sure he best reflects our views. Actually, he doesn't, but I just want to voice my opinion that I don't give a damn about how the wiki progresses, I've got finals coming up and Colleges to get rejected by.
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:32 am

I don't see any problem here. If Wellsy finishes the episode blurbs (which he seems set on), then I can just fill in the rest. It's not like the universe is about to implode.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Re: The Way article(s) on the RPG Maker Wiki

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:22 am

Still working on the last three episodes, they'll be trickier because of their length, and I'm not quite sure how to summarize E6 due to its multiple endings.

I thought I would let you know that the main reason I'm trying to help on this isn't to make Invisionary happy so he'll leave us alone but because:

Invisionary wrote:Lun has expressed a desire for me to post this thread regarding recruiting people to elaborate on the currently meager The Way article.

If Lun would like this done, it's the least I can do to write stupid little blurbs in return for creating a great game for all of us. Plus it's kinda fun to replay all the episodes again.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:05 am

Whew ... don't say I never did anything around here ... here's the next 2 episode summaries:

Episode 4 – Words to a Lonely Song

The Black Lyn, arriving for Kloe’s execution, senses Traziun, who disappears. The Black Lyn orders all Blood Lyn into the forest to hunt for Traziun, for the Blana Sera want him badly. Rhue, disguised as a Blood Lyn, slips away and runs into Kloe, who slipped away in the confusion. He embarrasses her and lets her go, then takes off his disguise and joins up with her on the journey to Estrana. Racing through the forest, they come across Traziun, and after he joins them, the Blood Lyn find and pursue them. Days later, Cetsa, locked away in a cell, laments finding the pendant as Rhue, Kloe and Traziun arrive at Estrana. Rhue accompanies Traziun to the Grand Casino, where they find rooms and Traziun goes to sign up for the great Plunge tournament. In the sign-up line, they see Strata and Lyrra, who knocks Rhue into the water after a misunderstanding. He is helped out of the water by Lexus, who signs up as well and convinces Rhue into signing up too. She invites him to dinner at the Val Parra Café, but they won’t let him in, so they go to a downtown club called the Shadow Inn, where a member of the local gang of Blue Scarves starts a fight with Rhue, the lights go out, and Lexus screams as the Blue Scarves appear to abduct her. Rhue follows through a tunnel, hears a struggle ahead, and rushes into the room to find three dead Blue Scarves and Lexus gone. The bouncers believe Rhue did it and escort him out, and he resolves to go to the courthouse the next morning to secure an audience with Cetsa. Nearby, Velicia discusses with Gaius her concerns about the local Guided leader Sacrifa and the strange mine below the city. Back in his room, Rhue find a note from Lexus saying she’s safe and wanting to go out again. The next morning, Rhue goes to the courthouse only to find he must have a citizenship upgrade to have any chance of visiting a prisoner. Luckily the Chancellor puts out a call for upgrades in return for service from him, Kloe, and Alan. They are blindfolded and taken to the underground mine, where their mission is to protect several sectors. Rhue is paired with Kloe, and after the Guided leave, an old man comes out and introduces himself as Dirk, the greatest Forerunner on the Way, before hitting on Kloe and accompanying them to their sector. After a few uneventful hours, they hear screams from another sector, and after investigating, find the mining crew dead. Dirk says something from the Reaches runs in their midst. They hear more screams and find more dead miners and an injured Alan, and after defeating a Spansa, escape the mine. On the surface, they are told not to discuss what they’ve seen, and Rhue walks Kloe back to her room, nearly running into Gaius, who runs off when he sees them, and passing by Strata and Lyrra, still looking for her father. On the way back to the Casino, Rhue encounters Sorya, who says her organization can help Rhue see Cetsa and might be the only way to do so. She says she’ll see him tomorrow, and Rhue finds that she has secured him a nicer room at the Casino. The next day, Sorya leaves Rhue a message to go to Paradise Park, where as he waits for someone to arrive, he speaks with an old woman about love and happiness. Soon Rhue is approached by Stoyko and told to follow him to the inner city. He takes him to Sorya who tells him they need Rhue to tell a straying shopkeeper to straighten up. Meanwhile, at the Council Hall, Vigilance Council leader Zedicus demands the immediate execution of Cetsa, while Sacrifa overrules him. Slade complains, and Council member Patura approaches and introduces herself. At the marketplace, Rhue runs into Kloe, who sees Gaius before he runs away again. When he finds the shopkeeper, Aaron, he finds Lexus with his son Ansar. Rhue sends her away and threatens the shopkeeper, whose son Ansar is angered and challenges Rhue to a Plunge later that night. Sorya is pleased with Rhue but tells him not to kill Ansar that night; Rhue defeats him easily.

Next day, during the qualifying round of the tournament, Rhue finds Traziun and Lexus. Traziun notices someone is following her, and Rhue relates what happened at the Shadow Inn, to which Traziun responds with a warning to be wary before Rhue defeats his first opponent. Slade watches the match and recognizes him before Patura calls him away, offering to make him the Vigilance Council representative in the tournament. She tries to seduce him, and he turns down her advances before she sends him away in anger. Before Rhue wins his second bout, Sorya tells him to go her home base after his win. She tells him how the Shadow Lord gang is selling a lethal version of the drug “lace,” and its creator is a man named Jopaga. They must destroy the substance and its creator, and a strike team busts into Jopaga’s facility before a Shadow Lord sets off a trap that knocks them downstairs. They awake to find that the Shadow Lords have taken Sorya, and they follow them through underground caverns before a zombie-like creature attacks. A ninja named Red Zero comes to their rescue, and they continue to find Jopaga with Sorya. Jopaga runs off after cursing them as Arastotzi, and Sorya tells Rhue there’s no lethal lace, and the real reason they broke in was to steal a chemical that Jopaga was developing that could enhance a wanderer somehow. This raid had been ordered by the head of the Arastotzi, Entrego, himself. They leave Sorya briefly to find Cade and the second strike team, who says that the source for the chemicals appears to be the Pits. They return to see Sorya gone again, and they follow Cade into the core facility, where Jopaga has Sorya and Cade trapped. Scatha jumps down and knocks them out, and when Rhue awakes, he is imprisoned with Red Zero, Sorya, and Cade. Jopaga injects Cade with his formula, which he says separates the soul from the body, making their aura susceptible to absorption from an outside force. Rhue surprisingly absorbs Cade’s aura, and Jopaga injects the formula into Rhue as Scatha voices her displeasure at Jopaga’s lack of progress with a formula for her face. Rhue has severe hallucinations and wakes up in bed, where Stoyko says Jopaga and his men are dead, though he does not know how. He takes him to Entrego, who is impressed and gives Rhue a Model Citizenship. Rhue must do a few more things before a prison visit can be arranged, and after Rhue leaves, Sorya reveals that after the injection, Rhue went crazy and killed everyone, and Entrego says he may be too chaotic to be left alive. As Rhue is leaving the Scene, the Arastotzi base, he is surprised to see Lexus. In Jopaga’s lab, Gaius and Velicia survey the damage, saying that someone in the Guided, possible Sacrifa, was working with Jopaga, and that apparently nothing of value is being extracted from the mine. In the Council Hall, Zedicus orders Slade to watch over his daughter. That night, the Phantom Slasher walks the streets of Estrana, killing two Shadow Lords and the girl they were threatening.

The next day, Lexus wakes up Rhue, and he finds out he’s going to fight the Vigilance Council representative Rhorn. At the arena, he finds out the match was cancelled due to Rhorn’s sudden illness and Rhue wins by default. With the unexpected free time, Rhue and Lexus go off to talk for a while, and he tells her of Serena. She reserves him a front seat for her match against Lossus, but as the match begins, Rhue sees Rosmar and follows him. Rosmar, still angry at Rhue for scarring his face, tells him he’s not her brother, he just traveled with her family, and Rhue returns to the arena to see Lexus lose to Lossus. After the match Rhue apologizes and Traziun goes out to Plunge Rosmar. Rhue and Lexus go to find a healing cloth but find Blood Lyn in the storage area and hear Kloe call for help. Slade rushes in to help defeat ambushing Lyn and tells Rhue his match against the Guided representative has been cancelled as well. They follow through the basement and a cavern to kill Kloe’s captors, who says they’re after Traziun as well and planning to kill him after he wins the tournament. After they free her, Stoyko says Entrego has a mission for Rhue, and Kloe tells Traziun of the Blood Lyn’s plans. She recognized him from before when he saved her life and took her to Delhara before he rebelled and ran away from the Blood Lyn. The only other to do so is in Estrana as well. In the park, Rhue talks to the old woman again before Stoyko appears and says they must follow her. They go to her house and break in to find her gone, but discover a secret passage to Sacrifa’s mansion. Inside they find a summoning circle and sacrifices, and look in to see the old woman, Lilah, speaking with Sacrifa. He’s trying desperately to cure her, his true love, of a terrible skin disease, even going so far as to tunnel to the Reaches to make a deal with the Lord of the Pits. Rhue heads back to his room, where Kloe knocks and says she doesn’t want to be alone that night. He lets her stay there, and the next morning Sorya walks in and wakes them up, amused. Entrego has invited Rhue to the Scene for an all-day party, and after the party, he gives Rhue his final assignment. That night, they are assassinating Vigilance Council member Zedicus. He and other Arastotzi, dressed as Guided, go to the Council Hall, and Rhue is assigned an area to cover where Stoyko tells him to kill anything that comes through. Lexus and Zedicus are arguing about Slade, her escort before Medmur calls him away. In the next room, he calls out that they’re being attacked, and Slade runs to fight the assailants before telling Lexus to run, and she flees under pursuit. Slade chases after Sorya after killing their guards, and Lexus is chased down a corridor to where Rhue hears someone coming and strike them as they run past. He is horrified to see that it is Lexus he has hit, and he is distraught as she, dying, tells him she’s glad it happened like this. Stoyko pulls him away, and Slade finds her body. Entrego congratulates Rhue and says his visit is granted, but he has a job for Stoyko. Walking around aimlessly in a rainstorm, Rhue comes across Rosmar, who he defeats in a Plunge. He goes to the Arm of Estrana, where Cetsa is being held. She says she won’t say anything about Serena and the pendant unless he saves her life. The best way to do that is to win the tournament and bribe her out, and Rhue heads to bed while Stoyko holds a meeting next door. They are going to take care of Rhue, but the Phantom Slasher breaks in and kills them all. The next day, Rhue goes to Plunge Strata. Traziun warns him that Strata’s going to kill him and that he should forfeit. Rhue responds by telling him of Cetsa’s promise, and Traziun says Rhue shouldn’t trust her as she’s just using him. Rhue doesn’t listen and goes out to Plunge Strata.

Episode 5 – Everyone Must Bleed

Rhue loses the Plunge to Strata, but Traziun says he’ll help Rhue with Cetsa. Traziun leaves to fight, and Rhue goes to Sorya to ask for her help. He runs into Strata and tells him about Jed, so Strata promises not to tell Lyrra. Rhue goes to Sorya’s house while Velicia and the Guided approach Sacrifa’s wife Lilah. At Sorya’s he finds her upstairs where she thinks he’s come to kill her like Stoyko and the others. She was ordered by Entrego to betray Zedicus and his daughter Lexus, who was quite fond of Rhue and joined the raid on Jopaga’s lab as her alter ego Red Zero. She was obsessed with Dancing Violet, and mimicked everything about her, her fighting style and clothes, even forming the Estrana version of the Blue Scarves. She set up the “kidnapping” at the Shadow Inn, and Sorya says Lexus was using Rhue to further perfect her version of Dancing Violet. Rhue denies all of it and, wondering if he should kill her, tells her goodbye. He leaves to find he’ll be too late to help Cetsa – her execution is today. Meanwhile, Traziun is Plunging Strata, looking for Blood Lyn, before feigning an injury and letting Strata win. Rhue goes back to the Casino and meets Kloe, who says the Blood Lyn are here for Traziun. They fight off some, but a Dark Lyn overwhelms them and leads a pack of Lyn into Traziun’s room before Traziun emerges from outside to spring a trap and kill the Lyn in an explosion. The Casino owner helped him set it up, and Traziun says now that the Lyn are gone, he’ll stick around to help with Cetsa. Kloe is angry at Rhue’s stubbornness, and Rhue tells Traziun to forget about it since Kloe is right about her being a liar and not worth it. Traziun leaves and Rhue goes to secretly save Cetsa alone. Elsewhere, Kloe runs into Gaius, who tells her he can’t be with her again. She still loves him, but he has changed since Delhara. She embraces him and he sees that she was the one who killed Ballar. He warns her to never come near again or he’ll have to kill her, and she runs out. On the way to the execution, Rhue sees a commotion by Sacrifa’s house. The Guided are revolting, and they have his wife. Velicia denounces her skin disease as work of the evil one, and they stone her to death. In grief and rage, Sacrifa rushed to the summoning room, where he calls upon the Lord Below to wreak vengeance on the city. Meanwhile, Slade is before Patura who scolds him for failing to protect Zedicus as the executioner arrives. As the Guided attempt to break into Sacrifa’s mansion, a crowd gathers for the execution. Patura introduces Rhorn, not Slade, as her captor, and Rhue jumps in to save her before discovering he cannot hit her executioner, the Harbringer. Patura sends Slade to take him down, but the ground begins to shake as monsters erupt from underground and begin ripping apart the city. Slade loses Rhue and Cetsa, who duck into the Council Hall and emerge to see Estrana destroyed. As they make their way through the monster-infested ruins, they run into Dirk, who is waiting for Kloe, but has been gone too long. Cetsa tells Rhue to forget her, but he replies he owes her. They rescue her from a fire and escape Estrana through the western slums. Medmur stumbles across the Harbringer, who says he’s waiting for a killer, Entrego, and reveals him to be Medmur.

Rhue, Kloe, Dirk and Cetsa enter Laodicea, where the waters give clearer sight. They stop to rest, and while Dirk scouts ahead, Kloe and Cetsa begin competing for Rhue’s attention. Kloe is knocked into the river, and they get a vision of two little girls fighting, after which Kloe and Cetsa seem to recognize each other. Later they all find an abandoned tent and stop while waiting for night. Cetsa steals away and Rhue follows her, demanding to know about Serena and the pendant. She asks him to promise not to kill her after she tells all she knows, but Slade appears and she runs off to get the others. Slade and Rhue Plunge, and Slade tells Rhue he did not want to kill him, but he must because of what that woman has done to him. Rhue says to leave Serena out of it, and Slade is shocked to hear the name. Rhue becomes supercharges, and they clash again to a great explosion. Days later, Strata and Lyrra are on a ship, looking after someone wounded, and Strata is tired of looking for her father. Meanwhile, Rhue is in a strange place, Plunging a shadow man, and seeing visions of a mother with three children, scolding one called Chasta. Then he sees two children, with the mother saying the little one is dead, and then just one, with the mother telling the son to not mourn for the daughter as she was a whore. Elsewhere, Strata and Lyrra, at Blood Lyn Battlegrounds, ask about their wounded companion. He’s not doing well, and Strata is becoming frustrated with Lyrra’s stories. As they are being shown to their room, Strata sees Dirk and Cetsa as prisoners and thinks Cetsa is gorgeous. The wounded one is Slade, and he has a sword stuck inside of him that seems to have grown into his body. Rhue appears in a dream version of Estrana, a man approaches, says he’s not the guy he’s waiting for and takes him to the Shadow Inn, introducing himself as Midian. At the Battlegrounds, the Phantom Slasher removes the sword from Slade, finds Rhue asleep and gives it back to him before disappearing. Rhue wakes up surrounded by Blood Lyn, and they put him in a cell without his sword. Elsewhere, Lyrra cries over Strata’s voice as a familiar sibilant voice comforts her and tells her the romantic man is a fraud. One hour later, the Phantom Slasher busts in Rhue’s cell and leaves. Rhue goes out open door to find his sword and Scatha and Dirk. Cetsa asks to be set free, but Rhue is frustrated with her lack of answers and begins to leave. She frantically says that she is Serena, and Rhue breaks her out and the four of them head through the prison. Dirk and Rhue scout ahead while Scatha says Cetsa isn’t the girl Rhue is looking for; Scatha knew her, and Cetsa admits she found the pendant washed up on a riverbank. Rhue and Dirk return before she finishes her story, and they leave the prison to find themselves surrounded by Lyn. Their leader, Kalmar, says if they battle among themselves the lone survivor will be allowed to leave. They refuse and go to sleep, and Rhue dreams of Estrana again, this time greeted by a Girl waiting for someone. He sees Midian asking about Jed, and they both go to see him. Jed asks if Lyrra is safe, as she’s the only known survivor of the Landorin Massacre. All others, including her brother Jeruh, were never found, and she most likely made up the story about the wild beasts. Rhue wakes up to see Kalmar standing over them, displeased that they failed to fight among themselves. He jumps down to kill them but Rhue blocks him and knocks him back with a blast of some sort. Kalmar jumps away and Rhue jumps after him to begin killing all the Blood Lyn. Traziun sees Kalmar, his father, and follows him as Strata breaks up with Lyrra. Traziun follows him to an empty throne, and is transported to the Inner Sanctum of the Blana Sera. He decimates the Blood Lyn there, and finally comes to the Black Lyn, who transforms into Kalmar. Traziun will kill him to avenge his mother, but Kalmar is disappointed in his son, who was meant to be his perfect blade. Back at the Battlegrounds, Rhue has killed everyone, and Scatha prods Cetsa into telling him that she is not Serena and found the pendant stained with blood. Angered, Rhue takes a swing at her, but Strata jumps in and blocks him. Rhue runs after him while Dirk remembers who Scatha is. She also recalls who he is – not a true Forerunner, but the closest thing to it after Tetzel, head of the Guided, murdered Eyashu for finding out the truth about the End of the Way. Back at the Inner Sanctum, Traziun has defeated Kalmar, who tells his son that he did not kill Traziun’s mother. Kalmar’s sword flies away as Traziun’s head begins to hurt.

Scatha and Dirk catch up to Rhue, who has lost Strata. Dirk tells him Tetzel could help with Serena – he has records on every wanderer, and has two books, one to tell every wanderer that was born, and one to tell every wanderer that has died. They decide to try to follow him to his fortress nearby in the mountains. Meanwhile, Slade is healed and goes to the next room to look for medicine as Lyrra runs by into the room with his sword pursued by a Blood Lyn. She screams. Days later, on the mountain, Rhue, Dirk, and Scatha find the entrance to the fortress and enter the subterranean complex, heading to the throne room where they find Gaius. At the same time, Kalmar shows Traziun the true moment of his mother’s death, and Traziun reacts with utter disbelief at what he sees. Gaius says Tetzel fled the fortress long ago before the Guided Civil War began, and has gone to the End of the Way. He invites them to follow him, and they leave the mountain to find Slade, mournful and saying he tried to uphold justice. Scatha admonishes him at what cost to others, including his poor sisters? As they leave him, Slade remembers the mother scolding her daughter. Slade had found her with a boy, and the mother burns her face and tells Slade to throw her in the Pits. Slade feels remorse for following orders his whole life and tells Chasta he tried to make up for what he’s done while contemplating the river below. At the bottom, Cetsa throws the pendant into the river, feeling sorry for lying to Rhue. Strata appears, and she tells him to get lost. He offers to Plunge her, and if he wins she must be his servant. Rhue, Dirk, Scatha and Gaius head through the forest and find Kloe being threatened by Blue Scarves. Rhue waits while the others run off to help her, and Kygar comes out of the brush to challenge Rhue. Rhue defeats him in the Plunge, and goes to see the Blood Lyn defeated and Kloe running away crying because Gaius doesn’t want her around. Meanwhile, Cetsa has lost the Plunge to Strata, but Lyrra charges out with Slade’s sword, screaming that Strata betrayed her, and chases him off while Cetsa slips away. In the forest, Rhue and company stop for the night. Kloe encounters Slade and approaches to ask for help, but in his despondency, he jumps, and Kloe vows to make Gaius kill her as she can’t live without him anyway. Elsewhere in the forest, Sacrifa and two rebel Guided are sitting around the campfire, and Sacrifa tells them he was ordered by Tetzel to spread stories of the Phantom Slasher to scare wanderers, right before the shadowy killer jumps out and murders them. Rhue wakes up alone, and heads through the forest. Slade lies dying at the bottom of the mountain, and Cetsa sees him and decides to help him. As he draws near, he stabs her and dies himself. Rhue sees this and walks past coldly, while Traziun vows to take the life of the one who killed his mother. Rhue finds a camp full of dead Guided and figures Tetzel must be near before Strata runs in pursued by Lyrra. He says Rhue killed her father, and before he can explain, she rushes towards him, and Rhue instinctively impales her and knocks her sword away. Rhue goes into a dark tunnel and Strata follows him in anger with Kloe close behind. Rhue comes across Gaius and says the End of the Way used to be at this spot, but it has moved, and Tetzel should be at the other side of the tunnel. Before he can leave, Strata catches up to Rhue, and Rhue beats him in the Plunge, leaving him alive to remember his defeat. Rhue hurries and runs after Gaius through a familiar forest and they come incredibly to the spot where Rhue lost Serena, the Landorin Stretch. Gaius says he has had to reconsider Rhue’s existence on the Way, and he must not be allowed to continue in his present state. He tells Rhue his sword is a Shadow Sword and that in order for Gaius to help him, he must drop it and walk away. Rhue refuses, and Gaius asks him if he realizes who he is. “Rhue?” he tells him, “don’t you know? You’re the Phantom Slasher!”

Still working on E6...
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:10 pm

:shock:

dude
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to Estrana