Is this actually possible?

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Is this actually possible?

Postby Sling » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:04 pm

If a cougar can beat a bear, and a single man can kill a bear useing only a penknife (I would post videos but then this topic would run the risk of being dubbed another YouTube topic) could 6 men beat a bear in a fight without using any tools? My freind said he heard that people have either tried this or are going to try this. Regardless of whether what my freind said was true or not, the point still stands. Could 6 grown men take on a bear without using any tools?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 pm

With proper planning and time: YES!

Allow me to explain two scenarios:

#1:

The six men use their feet, arms teeth and various body parts to dig a hole, the gorup selects one or two members to finish the work since after all, it's going to be a big fucking hoel, and they wont be able to climb up. Anyways, once it's done they chew down branches and trees and cover the pit, then gnaw off the arms of one other member and then attack the bear, cause it to chase them and lure it to fall into the hole. Then they feast on the arms of their companion untill the bear is dead, upon which they build a ladder from the sinew and bone of their armless companion, harvesting the meat form the bear with the now unattached jaw of their friend in the pit and the one iwthout arms.

#2:

They simply punch the bear in the face, repeatedly, just look at Hajime no Ippo, it worked for Takamura.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:38 pm

Get the strongest man in the world and 5 of the heaviest men in the world. Have the strong man climb up trees while carrying a fatty and use it as a blubber bomb against the ursine monstrosity. Just one landwhale should do the trick, but if the strong man misses or the bear survives, he has 4 spares.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 pm

Telephalsion wrote:The six men use their feet, arms teeth and various body parts to dig a hole, the group selects one or two members to finish the work since after all, it's going to be a big fucking hole, and they wont be able to climb up. Anyways, once it's done they chew down branches and trees and cover the pit, then gnaw off the arms of one other member and then attack the bear, cause it to chase them and lure it to fall into the hole. Then they feast on the arms of their companion until the bear is dead, upon which they build a ladder from the sinew and bone of their armless companion, harvesting the meat form the bear with the now unattached jaw of their friend in the pit and the one without arms.

Tools made from body parts are still tools. A better idea is to blind it by stabbing it in the eye while one person distracts it. Afterwards, take a crap on something and throw it at the bear's mouth. Then stick a finger up it's nose.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:52 pm

http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm

Similar story, but proves that 6 men vs bear will not work, unless its some sort of pussy winnie the pooh bear.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:53 am

Sure.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:10 am

MusashiEX wrote:
Telephalsion wrote:The six men use their feet, arms teeth and various body parts to dig a hole, the group selects one or two members to finish the work since after all, it's going to be a big fucking hole, and they wont be able to climb up. Anyways, once it's done they chew down branches and trees and cover the pit, then gnaw off the arms of one other member and then attack the bear, cause it to chase them and lure it to fall into the hole. Then they feast on the arms of their companion until the bear is dead, upon which they build a ladder from the sinew and bone of their armless companion, harvesting the meat form the bear with the now unattached jaw of their friend in the pit and the one without arms.

Tools made from body parts are still tools. A better idea is to blind it by stabbing it in the eye while one person distracts it. Afterwards, take a crap on something and throw it at the bear's mouth. Then stick a finger up it's nose.

No, body parts are body parts.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:57 pm

not if they are used as tools, then they are body tools.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:01 pm

In conclusion, all bears are Godless killing machines, and must be stopped.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:17 pm

I just realized that since Impossible is from Australia, he should sound jsut about like Crocodile Dundee, that voice and his inert hatred for most things should result in him being good at killing bears.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:30 am

But everyone knows Australians and the Irish are simply types of elves- thus they do not count as man as they are not human.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:12 am

I heard about that story GCM and it made me giggle. I wish it were true. I think that's what started the '6 men vs a Bear' conversation I had with my friend.

This still doesn't answer my question. Becuase the answer is less obvious. Big cats are vastly different to bears. A lion is a much more fecious fighter than a bear, the majority of bears are quite timid and can be scared away by something smaller (like a cougar). Very few bears are that aggressive. One man was able to kill a bear (a BIG bear too) using his pocket knife in self-defence by repeatedly dodging the bears blows, ducking and swiping.

Without tools I'd say it'd be almost if not completely impossible whilst with tools one person could probably beat any animal. I think that whilst some ran around as distractions, one or two (or more) could climb on it's back and gouge it's eyes out and/or lure it into a pre-made hole.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:54 pm

I recall reading tales of some underground animal fighting arena on some website, where they'd face starved animals of various sorts against each other. Of all the animals (Bulls, Lions, Alligators, etc) not one of them was able to kill an adult grizzly bear. Its thick fur would prevent bites to the neck, and it would just crush the skull of any other animal with its massive paws.

So I guess it would depend on the bear. As someone who grew up with black bears roaming through his backyard on a weekly basis, I can tell you that they're very timid. All you need to do is act sort of aggressive and shout at them and they'll run off (do NOT however, attempt this if it's a mother with cubs, or a fully grown adult). Grizzly bears from what I can tell are most frequently involved in human attacks (due to hiking trails), and I guess Kodiak bears are also considered aggressive. Worst however is the polar bear, whom I understand are very, very aggressive.

However if you REALLY want to talk about animals that can fuck you up, look no further than the Tiger. A Bengal tiger named "Champawat" killed maybe 436 people in Nepal and India. An acquaintance of mine asserted you could "kick a tiger to death", to which I asked him to demonstrate to me sometime.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:13 pm

There was supposedly this Chinese warrior which was promised the status of a noble if he would kill 100 tigers, one by one,using nothing beside his body as a weapon and wearing nothing but cloths, in front of the emperor.

according to the records he took 78 before he bit the dust.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby War » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Tigers can fuck you up, but then you have lions which are pack hunters.

But from what I hear all you need to do is take out there eyes and they will try and run away. Good luck with that.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Next

Return to The Scratch Wall