The Way: Easter Eggs and Secrets Guide

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Instead of just looking at the editor, I actually just played the game and figured it all out easily. Heres a quick map:

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:28 am

thats it, thank you Sage, thats exactly what i was talking about... i think i got my directions wrong though.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Rangi42 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize there were two treasure troves (although as Sage Of the Wise said, the other one is called Eclectic Mind, not Treasure Trove). Hmm: should these rooms still count as Easter eggs or secrets, even though they're right out in the open and only differ from other Notch items because they're so abundant?
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:01 pm

If the treasure trove is an easter egg, then over half of EP6 probably qualifies as an easter egg.

The only thing that qualified it was that it was seemingly impossible to get to.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Version 1.3

Postby Rangi42 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:12 pm

Version 1.3 is now available. I fixed some errors and removed a couple things that weren't really Easter eggs or secrets.
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Re: The Way: Easter Eggs and Secrets Guide

Postby Debacle » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Well, it's my first post, so first...uh...hello.
I didn't knew well where to start because of necroposting, but I hope that's not any problem.

What I will say won't add much, I guess, but maybe someone can see beyond I could.

Here is the "mystery" M 2 O Man:
http://roukaour.ro.funpic.org/The%20Way/The%20Way%20Secrets%20Guide.html#s-m2o

M 2 O would be a "number to letter" cipher, working like:

M 2 O P Q R S... = M 2 O 4 5 6...

In a little key diagram:
Code: Select all
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
M N O P Q R S T U  V  W  X  Y  Z  _  A

And we have this event name: 3 6 4 _11 8 6 16 1 7

translating gives us: O R P _W T R A M S

So What?
Apart from the weird _W, it spells SMART PRO.
Means something?
Coincidence?

Anyway... first time I got that it seemed significant, but looking now is a bit nonsense.
Debacle
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:24 am

Well thats somthing. Don't know what it could mean besides 'congrats for solving this'. And strange typos in codes are nothing new for Lun. They're so glaring they could be a code itself :roll:
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Debacle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:44 pm

One more little thing I noticed while playing Ep5
(forum search yielded nothing, so I'll assume it's "new")

In the scene where Slade is about to jump the cliff, he is muttering a lot of words that always striked me as senseless, or at least hard to put in context (well, I'm no english native speaker).
However, taking only the first letters of each word results in a message: "Yeshua Save Me"

First consider this info:
# The Way was inspired by Christianity;
# Yeshua is said to be Jesus name in hebrew, meaning something along "Savior".

From there, there's two interesting(?) topics to discuss:

First being the symbolism in Slade's death process. I mean, the whole thing about regret, suicide, self-sacrifice, forgiveness and if we can interpret this message inside Slade's character (as a inconsient wish, maybe) or just a outer hint from Lun.

Second, if this is a clue about the nature of a character we don't know much about. "Eyashu" could be a anagram for "Yeshua" the same way "Saiteh" was for "Hestia", for example.
Is Eyashu a sort of Jesus figure on The Way? Tetzel killed him because he knew the truth - there could be a parallel.
Maybe he's just a guy who saved someone once. Let's say he took Scatha out from the Pits and that's why she and Dirk seemed to know him.

On a side note: I've been reading a lot of the forum and seemingly every game aspect was, at least in part, discussed already. I just played the story again and am sort of "full of ideas", but there doesn't seem to be a proper place to discuss them, considering the apparent hate for "that idea was out there since Ep.3!" or "Way to necropost a 3 month old thread".
So, what you suggest? (besides any smartass remark)
Debacle
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

That 'Yeshua save me' thing is interesting, probably gonna have to go back now and see if any other character's babble has secrets in it like that lol. I wouldn't say its anything more than an easter egg. Cool none the less. Its kinda hard to have a discussion about Eyashu when all we know about him was just one or two sentences mentioned in passing.

As for a place to discuss your theories, I'd just make a topic about them. Not a big deal if most of it ends up being old stuff.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Debacle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:48 pm

I see. I always thought there was something up with the book names (besides the plot references), but it's just the kind of thing that can't be.

Anyway... I don't think what I have to say is good enough for its own topic.
After reading a plow of topics, what I'm more interested in is to know what theories people have agreed as truth and what not.
I have my own view about the plot, but still... there are to many interpretations that could be given to some lines, even with what we have from the game (and fwacho, if that could amount to anything).
Debacle
Plyn

Previous

Return to Estrana