Dragonball Z Movie

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Wellsy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:40 pm

:shock: Chow Yun-Fat is going to be associated with this??!? Wow.... I was not expecting that.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:25 am

James Marsters is great, maybe one of the few things about this movie that's piquing my interest.

Buffy was also great, and I suggest that anybody who has only seen a tiny bit of it not comment on me saying that. It gets a LOT better in seasons 2-3, where there's both a decent plot arc and some hilarious writing. Then season 4 sucked save for a few stand out episodes, then 5-6 were awesome again, and I've barely seen 7 (except the final episode of the show) so I'm not sure on that one.

Those insecure about their sexuality may wish to watch Angel instead. It's kind of similar, but the main character is a guy and there isn't as much witty teenage girl quipping (which I actually enjoy).
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:58 am

Buffy was a good show. But it does get annoying when you have a girl in the house who is obsessed with it and wathces it every waking hour of her life.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:24 am

I still prefer The Mighty Boosh, which is undoubtedly the singlemost greatest program on Earth.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Buffy was...good. My ex and I used to watch it with her little sister. I was surprised that it not only held my interest, but actually entertained me! Not as good as Charmed though.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Charmed was terrible.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:56 pm

I have to agree with Sling on this one. Though I must admit I have only ever seen a little of it, what little I did see utterly failed to capture my interest. It's like "Gilmore Girls" with a spell every now and then, or at least what I imagine "Gilmore Girls" would be like since I never really saw that either. :roll:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Nothing beats TV shows of the late 80's/early 90's. Most stuff today is shit. Which is precisely why I only watch TV from 9pm.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 pm

aww man. Remember that show Sliders? That was my favorite show. Until they cancelled halfway through fourth season to bring some other shitty show to tv.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:12 pm

CJ wrote:aww man. Remember that show Sliders? That was my favorite show. Until they cancelled halfway through fourth season to bring some other shitty show to tv.

I'm glad someone else remembers that show. I fucking hated that chick, Wade or something.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Re: Dragonball Z Movie

Postby Occurrence of Something » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 pm

I remember that show, it was awesome, with those aliens that ate eyes. But Sallah from Indiana Jones died. :(
Porter: lets play, truth or dare
Porter: war you first
Porter: truth or dare
WarV: truth???
Porter: ok: the truth:
Porter: YOU SUCK
Porter: HAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW
Porter: HSfjksdfhsadf
WarV: That is not how it works.
Occurrence of Something
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Haha I also remember that show. It started going downhill when John Rhys-Davies got shot and Jerry O'Connell's brother started showing up. Pretty enjoyable series, though.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:08 am

If that's the show when some kid created a wormhole that transports you to alternate dimensions, in his basement, then yes I have seen it and it was indeed awesome.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 pm

To be fair, it's not like they were chosen for their acting talent. All they gotta do is stand in that powering-up pose and the tech guys add all the effects and hey-presto we've got a DBZ movie.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:58 pm

That's a very good point, Fitz. Since this thing is going to be CGI to the max, though, they should have just had CGI actors too. Regardless, I seriously doubt I'll ever see this film.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall