I am a Guitar God.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I am a Guitar God.

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Warning! This post is full of gloating, if you, when someone is better than you at something, feel like your penis has shrunk, please stop reading.

I have beaten Jordan on GH2, Raining Blood on GH3, and now, just this morning, I beat Through Fire and The Flames.
I should get a life.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Re: I am a Guitar God.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:04 pm

...And what difficulty is this? I can beat any of those on easy, medium even, but if it's hard or expert, man you have a huge ePenis!
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:19 pm

I can do all those on hard, but I've only managed Raining Blood once on Expert, the others crush my soul.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:51 am

Expert, hence why I need a life.

Although I have to confess, I have some serious difficulty with the intro on Fire & Flames. I need to tape the green down. But the tape goes bye bye after the intro.

I got halfway through the intro without tape, before my pinky finger cramped up.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:24 am

I can play the guitar solo(s)/duet(s) for Fury of the Storm on a real guitar.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:01 am

Dude, this is the internet, real skills have no value here, only computer or game related skills matter. If you want to impress people with your real skills, go out into the real world with your real friends instead, we imaginary internet people care not for your real skills.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby nanace » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:09 am

i get about 87% of through the fire and the flames and then fail
this is on expert mind you
but yea it's hard

look deep into the history books
i am C-unit. yes you may flame me again biach
nanace
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Telephalsion wrote:Dude, this is the internet, real skills have no value here, only computer or game related skills matter. If you want to impress people with your real skills, go out into the real world with your real friends instead, we imaginary internet people care not for your real skills.
Due to this comment, I experienced a hardcore chortle. Don't forget nunchuck skills and computer hacking skills.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:19 am

I disagree. Boasting real-life acheivements seems to impress a certain number of n00bs, newbies and other newfags. But then again, their opinions count for less than the ankle socks of a particularly small beatle, standing in a ditch, in a quarry, in the low-country, so I guess that doesn't count.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Alright, well Jordan is impressive. I get RIGHT to the end of that longass solo before I fail (expert obviously).
Raining blood is simple with a little practice.
And Through the Fire and Flames I get around the same as nanace. About 87-88%. Though Tele, it's not beating it unless you can actually play the whole thing! Come on. I worked on that intro for 15 minutes with it slowed down and now I can beat it.

Also I'd like to e-brag that I beat through GH3 on a 5-day rental, re-rented it and did my Through the Fire and Flames percentage. I don't actually own it.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:34 am

My friend's brother plays Guitar Hero for hours every day and is rubbish. Seriously. He got beaten by a girl who had never played it before.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 pm

That kinda thing makes me glad I'm a gamer...I, along with many of us here I'd assume, can pick up a game for the first time and know that most girls probably won't beat me. Guitar Hero took me roughly 14 songs before I started playing expert (mostly cuz of my old DDR obsession) and probably around song number 7 I was better than all but 2 of my friends.

I'd like to note that for the sake of social sanity I stopped bragging about videogames a longass time ago, so this online bragging ability is giving me a massive hardon. Yay safe area to be a jackass!
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I got beaten by a girl the first time I ever played C&C Generals and that's about it. With me it takes me a random amount of time until I master a game. This can be anywhere between 5 minutes to somewhere in the region of months. When I do master a game I am pretty much undefeatable. The only trouble is if I stop playing for too long I lose my amazing abilities.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 pm

^
The sole reason for that is that you do not compete with lifeless Koreans over the internet, that's the true Hard Mode in any game.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm pretty sure that having played regular Nintendo and having video game skills are directly proportionate.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming