Theory Extravaganza

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Theory Extravaganza

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:53 pm

...He said a few hundred...
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:56 pm

I can't remember how long ago the destruction on Janwen was, it could have just been a few hundred. The idea that Kalmar is one of the Lyn that fought the lord below is interesting, personally I think they, along with anyone else near the fight, was killed in the blast(except possibly Venge, or whatever you want to call it, assuming it was involved), but its certainly possible.

How long is seven generations anyway?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kcrazy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Well I presume seven generations is seven lifespans, kind of a medieval measurment, so assume the average life in the way is 75 (which is extremly generous) it would be around 525 years ago.

But if my Bible knowledge is correct, after Cain killed Able, he was sentence to wander the Earth for seven generations, I believe and anyone that would try in kill Cain will be punished sevenfold. So Kura kills Kava and wanders the Way for seven generations. Possibly just a coincidence since seven kind of a cliche number and one person killing another could possibly relate to anyone.

Back on topic, (sorta) most likely everyone who fought Bellow died, but if Kalmar survived it would be good reason for him to become head of the Blood Lyn.

EDIT: The same could be said for Eyashu who I know nothing about, but if he were one of the orginals who attacked Bellow, him surviving would give him the credentials to lead the guided until he was betrayed by Tetzel.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:49 pm

My thinking on how long a generation is: the amount of time for the children to mature and reproduce, thereby creating the next generation. For instance, today, there's actually three or four generations (at least) on this planet. I think of the "generation time" as about 25 years. So three generations would be about 75 years, which makes sense considering this would cover events experienced by your grandparents and great-grandparents. Seven generations would be 175 years, I think.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:35 pm

That would make more sense, given the fact that in the bible proto-humans were said to live hundreds of years . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:13 pm

Yeah, and then you get Methuselah who was like 969.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby voodooKobra » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 am

Two things:

1. Isn't Arctura the name of the final boss before PS?
2. Is it possible that Aubuta is Rhue's original name? Back when he was one of the original Lyn?
voodooKobra
S1 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:19 am

voodooKobra wrote:2. Is it possible that Aubuta is Rhue's original name? Back when he was one of the original Lyn?

The context of when Kalmar said it doesn't really lend itself to that. Why would he randomly identify Rhue after getting ejected into a wall? Wouldn't he have known earlier?

Or it could be a random curse word, like I've been saying for fucking years, even through all that abuta = aubuta crap that ended up being dispelled at the drop of a hat. Nobody flipped a cow when Cetsa blurted out "kava kura" earlier in E5, and I'm willing to bet this is nothing different.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 am

1. Isn't Arctura the name of the final boss before PS?

yes
2. Is it possible that Aubuta is Rhue's original name? Back when he was one of the original Lyn?

I agree with Jera, its just a curse word. And like every curse word in this game it probably has its own deep mythology, but there's really no way to find out what.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Previous

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion