The Mystery Method

Home of the Crestfallen Few. Chat about whatever you like.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: The Mystery Method

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:55 pm

Sling wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:I'm Asexual

Fixed.

I'm not joking though. 80% of the population of the Isle of Wight are chavs. Maybe I'm setting my standards too high, but I generally prefer that girls that aren't exactly like Vicky Pollard.
The only girl that 'fulfils my criteria' that is single and that I get on with turned out to be 5 years younger than me.

You just need enough booze so you don't know the difference. That should keep you happy.

you'd think that everyone would know what Little Britain is. But it seems that not many of the good british shows are seen outside of Britain and Australia. In fact us Australians haven't even got the second season of The IT Crowd yet. :evil:
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:57 am

Glenn47 wrote:Ouch.

Tell me about it. A similar thing happened to my friend. He was in some bar and started chatting up this girl he thought was 17 and she turned out to be 14.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

You people have no taste, little girls are awesome.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Glenn47 wrote:
Greatchickenman wrote:I had that same problem too until I realized, who cares? Why shouldn't I get with stupid girls? I don't really have to deal with their bullshit.

Hit it then quit it, I suppose. I'm more "hit it, see if it could work. No? Okay, quit it."

Yeah, but most of the girls in my school are stuck up bitches with entitlement issues and they're all fairly wealthy, so they have upper class snootiness. Maybe it's unfair that I assume immediately that it can't work out but generally it doesn't work out well and they loooove drama.

I feel really bad about dumbing down my humor though. I can only use sophisticated jokes with the smart girls, most of which are dangerously unattractive.

The girls in Minneapolis were cooler...
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Your posts always keep me off-balance, I can't tell if you are being Purposefully Lame or Naturally Narm.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:28 am

Sarcasm wrote:You people have no taste, little girls are awesome.

I don't want to go to jail.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Suoirakat » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:17 pm

I will testify that the social science behind MM is indeed solid. However, if you have no inner game, I'd concentrate more on building that before delving into the actuall social cybernetics themselves. Because regardless of what material you use in set, it will lead you nowhere if you are incongruent with your material. Good for you Glenn.
Suoirakat
Wanderer

Postby Glenn47 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm

Ohhh wow! Someone else from the community?

Haha, they've probably never even heard the term "inner game" (though it's not hard to figure out). But yeah, I've been at work on my inner game for about...4-5 months now? The results are awesome, I NEVER get that weird "Why they hell is he saying that" look anymore, cuz my body language finally agrees with what I say. Most gamers know that look, lol.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:38 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...Please, just stop. Everyone should build their self-confidence and feel good about themselves, which will naturally make you better at dealing with everyone else. But this talk of "inner game" and of methods and science to hook up with girls, and the fact that anyone would take it with any seriousness ... I don't know, it just utterly fails to impress me. But whatever makes you happy I guess.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Suoirakat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:43 pm

It's really one of those things you need to see to believe.
Suoirakat
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm currently reading The Game. I also bought Rules of the Game but that's a bit useless right now.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:52 pm

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 6961728591

See it and believe it.

And, here's a description of what to look for from my newsletter (yes, I get a newsletter.)

* 3:30 (three minutes and thirty seconds in) – Clips from Cajun teaching a real bootcamp!
* 4:50 – The judges note that Cajun isn’t especially good-looking and that everything he’s able to accomplish is because of his technique.
* 5:00 – Cajun’s become a bit of a legend in some circles for his pickup techniques. Even some of the judges have heard of his notoriety.
* 6:00 – When women at a club say “we’re lesbians” or “she’s my girlfriend” (this is on a competitor’s approach), it usually means you’ve shown too much interest. It’s a defense mechanism.
* 7:40 – Check out Cajun’s use of a creative opinion opener that he is very congruent with. Look at his body language. Look at how he occupies the strategic position against the wall to talk to these women. Lots to learn from and model here.
* 9:00 – One of the judges criticizes Cajun because, even though he is attracting beautiful women left and right, “it seems like he is going through a checklist.” Darn right he is. And it’s the same checklist anyone could follow and get the same results.
* 14:00 – Another judge comments on how Cajun doesn’t really use negs but gets great results: “Guys who are starting off use neg theory. Guys who are masters don’t need neg theory.” Men who read the book Magic Bullets when it came out have over a one-year head start knowing this.
* 15:20 – Another judge comments on how Cajun succeeds despite his looks: “This shows guys out there that looks don’t matter. Women are interested in power, status, and confidence.” “Power,” “status,” and “confidence” are of course, word-for-word, three of the eight attraction switches identified in Magic Bullets. Of course, the book doesn’t stop there; it gives a step-by-step approach to how to convey each one (and the five other switches), even if you aren’t naturally confident, powerful, etc.

And it's not like I would endorse this if I wasn't seeing results guys! I gave it to a friend of mine, he's been using it and asking questions, now he's got an open-relationship girlfriend and had a three-way makeout session with two 8/10 chicks! Not bad!! My Hahvahd friend hooked up with a HOTTTT ex of another friend of ours. I'm SO proud of him, she's a fucking babe. Our other friend who originally dated her won't hear about it though...lol.
Me, I fooled around with an ex for a while, but framed our interaction so that she wouldn't want to ask if we could start dating again. That was easy stuff, and when I get to my new college next year and start living on campus I'll get many more successes. A little before that I had who I used to call the "hottest girl in school" (without her knowledge) hitting on ME. We ended up with three cheek-kisses (though I should have just gone for it, I regret chickening out). Oh, and my body language kicks ass now thanks to my readings. I get hit on. I NEVER used to get hit on. Score.

Craziest part is listening to a friend of mine who doesn't read the book, and jumps from one long-term relationship to another. I asked him to go over every detail of how him and his new girl started up, and he named things they did and how it all went down. The cool part was that every success he made towards her was congruent with what I had read! They teased each other, did role-playing (easy for him, he's a theater major), he befriended and disarmed the obstacles...everything to the tee. So nobody can tell me that it's BS. I've SEEN it, I've DONE it, it WORKS.

Oh, and inner game is just the nerdy technical term for confidence. Since the stuff we say parallels how we view the world, they've coined the two as "inner" and "outer" game.

Final thought: Why is it so hard to believe that the human brain takes on specific patterns when dealing with social situations? We develop patterns for everything else. Hell, all of sociology revolves around the idea that there are specific patterns to social interaction that human beings innately follow.
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:13 am

The good thing is, once you've learnt 'the game', you can use it improve other areas of your life. The only problem is that people can become what Style refers to as 'Social Robots'. People who can only interact with other people by repeating rehearsed techniques and openers. So it's a double-edged sword.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Wellsy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:15 am

This is beginning to sound suspiciously like a cult. If anyone starts talking about buying Mystery Method sneakers, I'll know for sure.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:22 pm

I believe they prefer the term 'Secret Society'.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to The Scratch Wall