Music tracking (again)

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Music tracking (again)

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 am

Both risingsun and E6Arena_Hero4 are House of the Rising Sun.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Rumble_Puppy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm

I posted this in the unofficial soundtrack thread, but it is also applicable here:

Are we sure that BSomethingamiss is from the 7th Guest specifically, and not from its sequel, the 11th Hour, or even a completely different game? I have the original 2 CD pack that it came in, and the second disk is the whole soundtrack compressed into one music track. I swear that I've listened to it about seven times trying to find anything similar to BSomethingamiss without success.
Rumble_Puppy
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm

I downloaded that "whole soundtrack in one mp3" thing too, and I didn't hear it either. I've been looking at all sorts of OST track listings for the game and I don't see any track called ""The Puzzles" anywhere.

Edit-- I went ahead and did it the hard way and obtained a copy of The 7th Guest, and BSomethingamiss is indeed from it. It plays while you're solving the cake puzzle on the first floor, for one. I think the actual title might be "Downstairs Puzzles", but I'm not exactly sure.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Rumble_Puppy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks Jeramyu - yeah, I youtubed the cake puzzle and that's BSomethingAmiss. I should of thought of that earlier, but it never occurred to me that they wouldn't include all the music on their "complete" soundtrack.
Rumble_Puppy
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Is it possible for someone with the game to record it?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:47 pm

The game's soundtrack IS in midi format. The game was also released on the... sigh... CD-I, but it sounds much worse on that. All the tracks on the OST are mp3, but as mentioned, this particular song isn't on the OST.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:18 am

So the game itself has a MIDI file? Is it identical to the one in The Way, or was that created by someone else?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 pm

It's identical.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Preki » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:57 pm

I've opened Tower.mid in ModPlug Tracker. There's "Lun" written in "comments" tab.
This is possible that's Lun's midi.
Burn me...
Preki
Plyn

Postby Jabbo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 pm

TheFight is the main theme of the movie Crimson Tide by Hans Zimmer. It only took me three years to find that.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Updated. It would be really nice if we could finish this off, but as best I know none of the other midis have stuff written in the track data/comments.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:42 am

I've updated the first page with links to as many songs as I could find, as well as polished up the text for the song names themselves. Enjoy, because it's almost 5 AM here and I have no clue why the fuck I stayed up so late doing this.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby RedMoonRising04 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I'm so disappointed that no one knows where BThePlayBattle is from... haha. it's a piece of work.
RedMoonRising04
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Wed May 05, 2010 7:43 am

Wow, you've still been updating this? I might have to take a look at my soundtrack project again some time. I can't remember how I was handling certain things, though...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 pm

hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana