Chrono Trigger DS

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Chrono Trigger DS

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 am

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ctds/

...and that stupid cryptic countdown site is all I got really.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Is this going to be another FF3? Becuase if so, no game bought out exclusively on a hand-held console is ever worth getting. EVER. It doesn't matter how good the game is, becuase there is no way I'm getting a DS just for one or two games.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

FFIII DS was good... What I hated about Chrono Trigger was SPOILERS

The court scene. I did everything that I wasn't supposed to do. Then, on my second playthrough, I did everything right, and I still sent to jail.

END SPOILERS

Oh, and here is the North American site.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Kind of a small thing to hate, and I thought you got items for being declared innocent, though I can't remember.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:42 am

MusashiEX wrote:FFIII DS was good...

I don't care how good it is. I want a Playstation port. All my FF games are PS1 or PS2. I'm just so fucking angry that Square bought out all the re-makes for the Playstation and then fucking bought FFIII for the fucking DS. No fucking consistency. I hate console exclusive titles, especially when all the other titles in the series came out on another fucking console and I fucking hate inconsistency. I'll still get FFXIII eventually, becuase, whilst I have to fork out dosh for a new console, it's still Playstation, and so thus, consistency remains and therefore I don't get in a blind rage, it just means I have to wait longer to get the game.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:20 am

Oh yeah... FFIII is the only Final Fantasy not on a Sony console. Eh. Squeenix is always inconsistent. I wanted all the Final Fantasy games to be on Nintendo systems. Obviously, I didn't get what I want. Does it really matter? It's better than playing it on a NES.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Porter » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:44 pm

How much money can Square milk out of it's previous releases is the question. All their new releases blow ass. I can almost guarantee we see Secret of Mana or something soon on the DS. Then re-released again and again.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 pm

Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:32 pm

Porter wrote:How much money can Square milk out of it's previous releases is the question. All their new releases blow ass. I can almost guarantee we see Secret of Mana or something soon on the DS.

The World Ends With You was amazing. Granted, every other new game of theirs I've played has pretty much sucked, but still.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Porter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:18 am

Children of Mana is no where near Secret of Mana
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Boooo. Every game mentioned in this topic is at least slightly overrated. Actually, The World Ends With You is pretty good, but Tetsuya Nomura is clearly fucking overrated. The guy must roll a d20 to pick how many belts to put on a character.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Porter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 pm

That's every Squaresoft game now. Each character must look as retarded as possible.

Here's what I believe goes into character development for Square
1) Pick a stupid name.
2) Dress character in clothes that are clearly inappropriate for fighting, running, ect.
a) Boys: Many belts, stupid attachments everywhere.
b) Girls: As revealing as possible. Show cleavage, a lot of leg, and ribbons flying everywhere.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:46 pm

And every character is ridiculously anorexic.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to Gaming