Last sword

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Last sword

Postby tulleh » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 am

In the last scene of the game, where you see the sword sticking out of the ground (not the mountain) and the implication that Rhue buried it, which sword is that? It's not the PS, is it? Since Traziun presumably destroyed it when he stabbed himself.
tulleh
Plyn

Re: Last sword

Postby MusashiEX » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am

I'm pretty sure it's Traziun's sword. I might be thinking of something else, though. I haven't played episode 6 for a long time.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby tulleh » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 am

That would make sense I guess.
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:40 am

Each of the three shadow swords we see throughout the game had a consistent unique graphic for it, so unless that was changed for the ending, the sword in the ground is the Ghost Horror (Kalmar and briefly Lyrra's sword), and the sword in the cliff is the Night Reaper (Traziun's).
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby tulleh » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:55 am

Not the other way round? Why would Traziun's sword be sticking out of nowhere? Seems much more likely that it's the one Rhue takes and buries.
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:43 am

If Rhue buries it then I'm guessing it was Lyrra's swrod. Becuase it corrupted her and made her go on a blood-thirsty rampage (I'm guessing that from the blood on her face) and then tried to kill Rhue and so Rhue killed her and thus Rhue felt sad for her and so buried the swrod so it wouldn't corrupt anyone else.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby tulleh » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:41 am

Well, didn't he smash Lyrra's sword away? So it would be assumed that the bloody sword sticking out of the mountain is her's. And Traziun's sword would be the one Rhue respectfully buries in the ground. (When I say bury, I mean bury half of it)
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:29 am

Either way it's one or the other.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Well, it makes sense that the one in the mountain is Traziun's because he just at that exact same spot before, so he could have easily left it there. And as for the other sword, I don't think Rhue buried it, but found it there and hes leaves it alone because he's smart enough now not to mess with it (unless of course you die during the PS duel, in which case Rhue has a evil little smile and who knows what he does with it.)
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby tulleh » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Good explanation :) I recall there being an ending where you just see the sword, and no Rhue or Kloe? Guess that would support the idea that the sword wasn't put there by Rhue.
tulleh
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Your right, I didn't even remember that. I think that would be both The Reaches and The Lexus ending.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Rumble_Puppy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:50 pm

Oh, wow. I had no clue that there was an another ending if you lost the Plunge to the Phantom Slasher. I just assumed there would be a gameover screen. Must check out nowish...
Rumble_Puppy
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:54 pm

You can't really lose to it, if you run out of HP you just keep going, and the only difference in the ending is Rhue's expression when looking at the sword at the very end.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby parallel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:51 am

I quite like the theory that the sword is just marking where Rhue buried Lyra and it's how he marked her grave. It explains a. Why he has different expressions while looking at it in differnet endings and b. (I might be wrong here, been a while since i played it) that it's not there in either the Pits/ Lexus ending
parallel
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:17 pm

I was slightly off on my last post about what losing to the slasher does. There seem to be three possible outcomes to the last scene in the normal ending.
If you have at least 6 relationship points with Kloe and at least 0 with yourself Kloe you get the one where Kloe stays with you and then winning or loosing to the phantom slasher has no effect. Rhue has a completely neutral expression and then he and Kloe leave.
If you don't meet the requirements for that then Rhue goes into that last scene alone, and there's two different versions depending on whether or not you lost to the slasher. If you won he has a sad eyes closed expression, and then leaves. If you lose he has an evil smile and doesn't leave. I take the implication in that one to be that hes going to take the sword.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion