Scatha knew Jeruh?

FORUM FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH PLAYING THROUGH EPISODE 6. AVOID SPOILERS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. POST BUGS IN THE BUG FORUM

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Scatha knew Jeruh?

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 am

In E3 when Scatha lets Rhue out of the Pits by standing on that block and retracting the spikes she claims to know him but doesn't recognise his name.
She wonders if he recognises her. Now who was it that she knew? Was it really Jeruh that she slept with?
This has definately been discussed but I played through the series again yesterday and it's been bugging me ever since.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Re: Scatha knew Jeruh?

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Its all but confirmed that Scatha is Serena's older sister. So she would definitely know Jeruh, and she understandably thinks Rhue is Jeruh when he tells her about his search for Serena.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby War » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:52 pm

You people are confusing yourselfs.

She says she knowns the preson IE: Rhue, but don't know the name IE: Rhue again. You have to remember that Rhue wasn't always Rhue. Jeruh she would know yes, but I don't think if she thought it was Jeruh that she would help him, remember Jeruh kills Serena. She most likely met Rhue before he was Rhue.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:22 pm

Except she doesn't know Jeruh killed Serena because no one knew what happened during the massacre except Lyrra. She like everyone else would just assume all the kids are dead, hence her surprise that "he'sss ssstill alive after all thisss time."
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:24 am

I thought the theory was that Scatha slept with Strata?

We know that Jeruh sees two guys, one of them being Rhue, and nabs the sword to kill everybody. At some point Rhue must have got his sword back as he needed it to kill Midian and then absorb his aura in order for him to start his chase for Jeruh. I guess it all depends on who Rhue was before he was Midian. There is quite a substantial gap between the massacre and Rhue killing Midian as Midian was an adult when he was killed (from what I could tell) as was Jeruh.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:09 pm

I thought the theory was that Scatha slept with Strata?

Well, the two prevailing theories are Strata or Dirk. Strata because Slade recognizes him in EP1, though that could just be because he looks like Kygar, and Dirk because he and Scatha know eachother. Personally I like the Strata one, Dirk is too old and Strata seemed to recognize Slade in that as well.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Requiem » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 pm

Uhm. How old do you guys think Strata is? He looks pretty young to me. I'd assume about the same age as Lyrra, at least.
And the events we see happen around the time of the Landorin Massacre, right?

Meaning he would have had to've been like... 10 years old when Chasta slept with someone.

And I really don't think she's a pedophile, guys.
Momento mori.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Not exactly true, we only know it happened sometime after the Landorin Massacre. Doesn't have to be the same time. But yes, the age issue has been brought up before.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Angel_OA » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 am

Seems like we would benefit from a timeline of the main events in The Way, obviously we couldn't have dates but we could get them in the right order.
As for Strata and Chasta, I'd say that's the most plausable. He's obviously older than Lyrra else he wouldn't be so good with a blade.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 pm

I wanna say Fwacho gave us ages of the characters at some point. I'll go look for that in alittle bit. I know hes been proven to not always been right, but ages are a pretty simple thing.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kcrazy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Sling wrote:I thought the theory was that Scatha slept with Strata?

We know that Jeruh sees two guys, one of them being Rhue, and nabs the sword to kill everybody. At some point Rhue must have got his sword back as he needed it to kill Midian and then absorb his aura in order for him to start his chase for Jeruh. I guess it all depends on who Rhue was before he was Midian. There is quite a substantial gap between the massacre and Rhue killing Midian as Midian was an adult when he was killed (from what I could tell) as was Jeruh.

That's the question I want to know, who killed Midian. I also wouldn't mind knowing who killed Traz's mother.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Well, theres heavy implication that Rhue killed both of them, but technically he only had to be there when they died. (Assuming the red haired women is Traz's mom of course) As for the motivation your guess is as good as mine, we don't have any way of knowing what persona he could have had at the time.

I should point out that we specifically don't know that one of the guy Jeruh ran into and nabs the sword from is Rhue. Each possibility has the same amount of evidence backing it (ie: about nothing).
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Kcrazy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Oh I know "Rhue" killed them, just want to know who he was at the time.

As for the two shadows, it could easily be Rhue, but I always thought it was the Tetzel and Eyashu killing. No reason, but just seemed likely.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby theone » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Its all but confirmed that Scatha is Serena's older sister. So she would definitely know Jeruh, and she understandably thinks Rhue is Jeruh when he tells her about his search for Serena.

Though if she knew Serena, she'd know that she was dead.
But then, her conversation with Cetsa proves that she knows Serena. This is confusing.

But there's no proof Scatha knew Jeruh because Rhue isn't Jeruh. He's just absorbed his aura
theone
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:27 pm

theone wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:Its all but confirmed that Scatha is Serena's older sister. So she would definitely know Jeruh, and she understandably thinks Rhue is Jeruh when he tells her about his search for Serena.

Though if she knew Serena, she'd know that she was dead.
But then, her conversation with Cetsa proves that she knows Serena. This is confusing.

But there's no proof Scatha knew Jeruh because Rhue isn't Jeruh. He's just absorbed his aura

Scatha said to Cetsa that she, Scatha, knew Serena and that Cetsa wasn't Serena. This is how we know Scatha knew Serena. Then there is the whole spiel with Rhue seeing visions of Slade's past whereby the older of his two sisters has her face burned by her mother for basically having a boyfriend, and was expelled from the family. This sister was called 'Chasta.' The younger sister disappeared after this. So if Scatha is Chasta, and the younger sister is Serena, then it explains how Scatha knows Serena, and how she knows Slade. It thus seems reasonable that she she knew Jeruh.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to EPISODE 6 HELP FORUM