...They ruined Myst.

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

...They ruined Myst.

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 am

I played my friend's version of Myst DS. It's horrible. Most of the words aren't even legible. I tried to flip a switch, and it wouldn't respond. I had to try fifteen times to get it to work.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Re: ...They ruined Myst.

Postby Greatchickenman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:44 am

Fuck that, they ruined Track and Field!

I remember pressing the A button on my Nintendo controller as fast as I could and getting the power meter to only about 2/3rds of the way to the top, taking months of practice simply to qualify in olympic mode, and now it's just rubbing the fucking stylus back and forth?
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:50 am

I'm pretty sure that the DS has ruined everything.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:32 pm

They ruined Myst when they made an MMO.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:44 am

Just like how they ruined Final Fantasy with FFXI.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Final Fantasy was ruined with 8, then decent with 9, then absolutely ass raped with 10 and beyond. Fuck Final Fantasy.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:08 pm

FFXII was good.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:42 am

8 was good, everyone seems to hate the orphanage thing. I just didn't care, the rest of the game was awesome. Nothing is cooler than seeing a giant mechanical spider droid-thing that get blasted to pieces by your nerdy instructor on a mounted gun turret.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Requiem » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:35 pm

MusashiEX wrote:FFXII was good.

I'm sorry, WHAT?

FFXII's bland and idiotic story was a sin against mankind. And who the hell thought VAAN was the best choice for a protagonist?

I'll just leave this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBYID_624n0
Requiem
Plyn

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 pm

...Yes, because any story other than a sappy love story has to be bad. Why do you think FFXII has a bland story? Oh, and Vaan's role is important. No, he's not in the story because he wants to be a cool sky pirate. He wants revenge for his brother. He can't get revenge for his brother. So he runs away from his problems on an airship. This goes to my theory of each character being an archetype of sorts. Vaan represents all the people who lost a loved one. Ashe represents the aristocrats, who want their kingdom back. Basch represents all the soldiers in the Dalmascan army, who are loyal to the kingdom and the king. Balthier represents the people seeking an adventure and the Arcadians who don't like the direction their empire is going in. Fran... is eye candy. Penelo... Yeah, she has no reason at all. Still, the overall story is not bad. Not like FFVII, which has nearly the same story as FFVI.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:23 am

Final Fantasy's are generally fun to play, lots of fun even.

Beyond that I figure:

I, II, III
I hear they're fucking hard and pretty dodgy. Never bothered trying them

IV
Was fun, till I got repetitively slaughtered by the Magus sisters out of nowhere. CJ told me he beat them, then suffered the same kind of experience with a boss that soon followed.

V
Job system was fun, then I got to the Wind Tower or something and couldn't figured out what to do. Being disgruntled by an FF related loss experienced previously in the day (see above), I didn't try too hard anyway.

VI
Haven't been bothered to play it yet, my brother rented it out for a like a week a few years back, but I doubt I even finished the prologue. It seemed pretty fucking hard compared to the start of other FF's.

VII
I have no complaints. It was heaps of fun, definitely the storyline I enjoyed the most, and the whole Cloud-Sephiroth thing as well as the Cloud-Tifa thing seemed done very well. Plus Cloud was fucked up in the head. I found that extremely intriguing and in depth for a video game.

VIII
Also heaps of fun, but it was way too easy. WAY too easy. I kind of got bored with the storyline towards the end though.
Although, Fuckyeah! Lionheart!

IX
I'm partial to it because it was the first Final Fantasy I played. The only bad things I could say are that the battle system was too slow and the Trance system completely sucked ass. Best chocobo mini game though, by far.

X
I really don't know why people have a problem with this game compared to other FF's. I think it fucking rocks. Sphere Grid works. Battle System works. Summoning was done very nicely. Overdrive System fucking owns. And the story was so good I nearly cried during the final clips.

X-2
Pretty shit. I played it through once, youtubed the 100% completion movies, and haven't bothered touching it since. Haste + Catnip + Trigger Happy. Everything dies.

XI
Nevermind.

XII
All but finished the game, then I got bored. Storyline isn't good enough to motivate me to finish it. Although once you've got some cool shit, Gambits make grinding much easier.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Porter » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:09 am

FF8 = Gunblade.

What's next? Rocket knife?
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Soulcalibur's Whip Swords?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm

While ridiculous, that bitch is hard to beat.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:22 am

I - Ridiculously easy. I completed it 100% in 14 hours. Was remarkably fun, although it's not obvious where to go as nobody tells you directly where to go you just have to wander aimlessly and find out what to do by getting hints by talking to random people.

II - The hardest FF game I have ever played. You don't have levels. You're stats go up by bring attacked using your weapon etc. The magic is really awful to begin with, even Ultima, Holy and Flare. It takes ages to level each spell up to the maximum level. The final dungeon is insanely hard unless you don't mind getting to a certain point, warping back out saving and then walk all the way back and then proceed to the next point and so on. The final boss is also insanely hard unless you have the best equipment, which you have to beat a series of uber-hard mini-bosses to get and their is not enough for the whole party. But there is a trick to beating the boss in like 4 rounds or something which I have done.

III - Never played. and most likely never will unless I can be bothered to get a DS or they make a PS port.

IV - Was good. I really enjoyed the whole game and I really got into it. Was quite easy right until I got to the final dungeon where I had to level up from 30 something to 50+ to beat the final boss and all the mini-bosses guarding the ultimate equipment. I managed to get through the whole game whilst remaining about 20 levels below the recommended level in the stragegy guide.

V - Was really good. I really enjoyed every aspect of the game. I couldn't really fault it at all.

VI - See Above. The only faults being the characters of Gogo and Umaro were completely pointless and the Limit Breaks where awful as you need critical HP and even then you didn't always get one off.

VII - First FF game I ever played. One of my favourites. I loved the whole game. I liked the story, I loved the battle system and Limit Breaks. Although I think Sephiroth was actually cooler than Cloud.

VIII - I loved it. I liked most of the story, I loved the gameplay, I didn't really like the Magic system and so stuck to GFs and Physical Attacks. Whilst getting money for wandering around aimlessly was good it made the game way to easy and also when you got the the final dungeon you couldn't get back to any of the towns and cities.

IX - Amazing. 12/10 I will give headbutts to anyone who disses it.

X - Was alright. Was way too short and way too easy. Although, Blitzball. I have 110 hours of gameplay not through getting all the sidequess and ultimate weapons and beating the dark aeons. I liked the story although Tidus being dreamt up was a bit of a letdown and Auron being dead all along just broke the game for me. Compared to previous titles, awful, by itself it is pretty good though.

X-2 - Was pretty good. I thought Square making a sequel was pretty weak and to be honest most people bought it to see Yuna in short skirt. I thought the storyline was quite good though. Finding out there is machina that had more destructive power than Sin, sleeping under Bevelle was pretty good although all that crap with the dead soul of that guy who looked like Tidus and that woman who looked like Yuna in the past was quite shit. They could have come up with a better arch-enemy. Vegna-gun was quite awesome though.

XI - Never played. Never will unless they make a single-player version for the PS.

XII - At first I thought it was a bit off, but this FF game was really good. I just got put off by Vaan being a complete pussy and Balthier and Basch being far cooler. Even Fran was cooler than Vaan. I thought the storyline was quite good although the final bossfight and the cutscenes with it were bullshit. They could've made Vayne more evil and then it would be more believable. Vayne as a badguy and the whole deal with Occuria just put me off although the rest of the game was really good. The espers were badass but completely useless. There is nothing like training for hours to beat all the Espers only to find out they're really weak when they join you. And there is nothing like fighting a huge monster with 50 million HP. I mean standing there battering the crap out of a monster for hours is really entertaining. Other than that it is quite a good game and has loads of really fun sidequests to do if you get bored of the main storyline.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Next

Return to Gaming