I've been working on a browser-based MMORPG

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I've been working on a browser-based MMORPG

Postby is » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi y'all, been a long time since I posted here, good to see the community is still active.

Anyway, I've spent the past few months working on a broswer-based MMO - if anyone played the games Urban Dead/Kingdom of Loathing, the gameplay is similar to that. As in, you get a set number of Action Points a day to do stuff, so rather that grind away for hours, you can play in just a few minutes, but you have to spend your time wisely.

It's set in a world at the dawn of civilsation, where humanity begins to build villages and towns. Unlike other games where monsters drop gold and items, in Shintolin you have to search or trade for basic resources, then craft them into more complex things (so stick + flint = spear). Every item is player crafted, as is every building and town. There's four settlements at the moment, Eudaimonia, Citrus Hill, Durnion and Woodia Eschate - all built and named by players. Woodia Eschate and Citrus Hill have formed an alliance against Eudaimonia, and have started raiding the town's stockpiles. It's interesting to see how the game pans out when players are given total freedom.

Anyway, please check it out, the address is http://www.shintolin.co.uk

...I spent a few years trying to made a game in RPG Maker, but I never got anywhere as I just couldn't make something that met the standard set by The Way. Glad to actually have a project I can work on.
Friedrich Nietzche wrote:Oh God, oh God, O - M - F - G!
is
Wanderer

Re: I've been working on a browser-based MMORPG

Postby tridon777 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Theres a game also called Pardus that I play that uses AP. Very good game check it out at www.pardus.at.
tridon777
Plyn

Return to Gaming