Save not in Game Folder

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Save not in Game Folder

Postby ShatteredEyes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey, recently decided to replay the Way. Just beat episode I, however my save files aren't in the main game folder (That is to say they are not in The Way> Episode 1). I still see them when I load up the game, so they must be saved somewhere, but I have no clue where. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ShatteredEyes
Wanderer

Re: Save not in Game Folder

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:09 pm

you sure its not in that folder? I don't think the game would be able to find the save if its not there. you could try searching your drive for Save01.lsd I guess.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby ShatteredEyes » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 pm

This is by far the strangest thing ever. So I checked again after resetting, still not there. I thought maybe something weird was going on so I started up a quick new game and saved it, and that save file did not appear either. So I then searched my whole hardrive for Save01.lsd and no results were found. I then tried just doing Save (other results, it wasn't there) and .lsd and nothing was found. This is so... weird.
ShatteredEyes
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm

This happened to me before. Have you installed The Way more than once? It is likely that you have (and possibly forgotten about it). This is what happened to me. I installed The Way on the PC when it was already on my PC and my saves appeared in the folder of the older installed Way. It took awhile to realise this becuase I had forgotten I had already installed The Way.

I hope this helps.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby ShatteredEyes » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:45 pm

Nope, I have not installed it before, this is a new laptop. I can't find it due to Vista's searching system being literally the most retarded thing of life. I downloaded Episode 2, and when searching for Save, it would not even be able to find Save01.lsd that's contained in that folder. So, I then tried searching that specific folder, and it could find it. So then after fooling around in the Control Panel I found that it searches mainly the "Index" which you can add locations to (which by the way, only includes personal folders and a couple of other folders, but nothing in depth whatsoever making it the most useless searching of life). So I then added every folder within the main harddrive unto the Index, and the .lsd file extension in the file types to look for. So it is still unable to find Save01.lsd even from the Episode 2 folder. It also is now unable to find Save01 even when I search for it from it's specific folder which it could previously do.

Moral of the story: my save files (probably due to the retardedness of Vista) are not in the game folder still. Searches seem to be futile due to Vista being the most retarded OS of life (which I didn't think it used to be until this very moment). Is there any person who is computer savvy and able to swim through Vista's miles of crap in order to do something as simple as search for a missing file? I know I'm now getting more complicated, but I just want to play the Way. =[
ShatteredEyes
Wanderer

Postby Jabbo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Someone mentioned something about the Administrator account messing up their game saves. I don't really know the specifics, but you might want to try logging onto Admin or another account and see if the saves are magically there.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby ShatteredEyes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Tried that, not magically there. I also decided to check out if I saved in Episode 2 if I would have the same problems and I do. =[ My computer just apparently hates the Way. Thanks for all the help anyways...
ShatteredEyes
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Are all the folders located in the "Program Files" folder? If so, you might want to move it elsewhere. Vista doesn't like it when programs try and write to anywhere in Program Files.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby ShatteredEyes » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly, and just when I had given up on it. It's very much appreciated. Makes me wonder where Vista stores them so that you can still play but so that it doesn't write things into the Program Files. Very strange. Thanks again!
ShatteredEyes
Wanderer

Postby PsychicK » Fri May 01, 2009 2:38 am

Yeah, Vista is gay. You need to play around with the settings, so it will show hidden files and directories.
It stores the files there:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Way (or wherever it you placed it in program files)

I remember what a headache it gave me while looking for that bastard. It saves there lots of other files for other stuff, so its pretty useful.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby minisamus » Sun May 10, 2009 1:45 am

Thank you, I had the same problem. New laptop, Vista, never DL'd the Way before (although I have played through this fantastic game on the old xp comp), and couldn't find a save file 'til now.
minisamus
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Fri May 22, 2009 4:39 am

Good 'ol reliable Vista, eh?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri May 22, 2009 2:24 pm

thats strange, I'm stuck with Vista but it atleast doesn't do that to me. Guess I'm lucky.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to Estrana