Golden Sun DS!

Talk about gaming!

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Golden Sun DS!

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:26 pm

For six years now I've sat through every E3 just waiting for a new Golden Sun, so now that they've finally announced it, its pretty much the only thing I care about right now. Nintendo could announce they've perfected virtual reality tommarow and Golden Sun would still be the best part of E3 for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT5I0Ya7ym8
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Re: Golden Sun DS!

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:47 pm

I came buckets.

EDIT --

12 buckets. A total of 12.

Now that I'm done... Fuck yes. Golden Sun: TLA was the last game that did the RPG exactly the way I want. Here's to hoping this new one keeps the magic.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby MusashiEX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Holy crap, awesome. This calls for a Golden Sun play through.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Character art:

[Large Version]

Wikipedia wrote:Golden Sun DS is an upcoming video game for the Nintendo DS, and was announced at the Nintendo E3 2009 conference. It will be the first game in the Golden Sun series of console role-playing games in over six years, proceeding Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. The game follows the story of the descendants of the heroes from the previous two games. It has been confirmed by screenshots from Nintendo's E3 2009 press website that the four elemental Djinn and the summons Ramses, Nereid, Eclipse and Atalanta will be returning in the game.

So it looks like Garet 2 is a Jupiter adept? Also note only 3 characters. I've desperately spent the last 6 years of my life trying to avoid GameFAQs shipping crap, but it'll be interesting to see what the "official" pairings are (assuming they exist).
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:24 am

Oh god I was worried when I saw the art. I was hoping that they were just reworked versions of Isaac, Mia, and Garret, because of all the shipping crap it would stir up.

Eh, I'll live as long as the game itself doesn't make a big deal about it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:07 am

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Oh god I was worried when I saw the art. I was hoping that they were just reworked versions of Isaac, Mia, and Garret, because of all the shipping crap it would stir up.

Eh, I'll live as long as the game itself doesn't make a big deal about it.

The first two games didn't make pretty much ANY deal of it at all. That's what was so infuriating about that GameFAQs shipping crap, is it was completely imaginary. As far as the sequel is concerned, I think it'll be a minor footnote at best. Hell, it only says "descendants", so there could be more than one generation in between.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby CJ » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:09 am

Remember that Golden Sun 3: the Solar Soothsayer hoax. It made me angry... VERY ANGRY. but now... but now... :D :D :D
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:02 pm

There have been 2 or 3 big GS3 hoaxes, by the time the Soothsayer hoax was done I was used to it lol.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to Gaming