Two Out Of Three Endings

=SPOILER ALERT= This is for those people who have FINISHED E6, and wish to discuss theories and stuff. Do NOT use it as a help board.

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Two Out Of Three Endings

Postby McPhearson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Okay, so I've just played through The Way yet again, and managed to get two seperate endings. I have a couple of theories and questions, and maybe someone would be willing to answer them for me.

1. THE REACHES ENDING

What a depressing piece of poetry. Rhue's monologue might have been slightly long-winded, but the fact that he acknowledges that the search for Serena was futile really seems to illustrate the growth of the character. Couple of questions, though: the girls all being killed by the PS... was that an illustration showing that Rhue foolishly sent each woman to her death by focusing completely on Serena? It seemed that, after accepting his rejection, each woman was quickly slaughtered. Also, he speaks with each major male character about some girl who they also latched onto foolishly. Gauis's is Kloe, but who is Slade's and Traziun's? Do I remember Traziun mentioning a female Lyn who also escaped with him, or am I smoking crack? :D And the blood stain... Serena's? Rhue's? I don't know.

2. THE NORMAL ENDING (OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT)

This one, with Lyrra helping you get into the Tower and find Jeruh, seemed to be the most plot-driven of the two endings that I experienced. You find out about Jeruh killing Serena in front of Midian and Lyrra. You find out who Gauis and Rhue were chasing. But it also left me with multiple questions... For starters, who were the men that Jeruh took the sword from? One was dead, and one was silent. Any hints as to their identity? Also, if "Rhue" kills Jeruh before accepting his aura, which of these is true: did Rhue have the Shadow Sword, or did he simply have the ability to absorb auras? What was Gauis's motives? How did Traziun stabbing himself kill the Phantom Slasher? Who were the voices telling Rhue to help them? Why did they make the PS sound like Serena?

See? So many questions I still have. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me figure them out.

3. THE LEXUS ENDING

Could someone please tell me how to get this? I play each episode individually, without loading any past data (I only load the crappy stats). How would I get to the Lexus ending from there? I got the other two through it. Any idea on the third ending?

All in all, I really did enjoy the series, but I feel also that Lun tried to stuff way too much mythology into the game way too late in the series. I would rather have had the answers given to me throughout, rather than all at once like done here. Nevertheless, it was an original epic, and I can't wait to see the continuation, even if it has nothing to do with "Rhue."
McPhearson
Wanderer

Re: Two Out Of Three Endings

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:38 am

What a depressing piece of poetry. Rhue's monologue might have been slightly long-winded, but the fact that he acknowledges that the search for Serena was futile really seems to illustrate the growth of the character. Couple of questions, though: the girls all being killed by the PS... was that an illustration showing that Rhue foolishly sent each woman to her death by focusing completely on Serena? It seemed that, after accepting his rejection, each woman was quickly slaughtered. Also, he speaks with each major male character about some girl who they also latched onto foolishly. Gauis's is Kloe, but who is Slade's and Traziun's? Do I remember Traziun mentioning a female Lyn who also escaped with him, or am I smoking crack? :D And the blood stain... Serena's? Rhue's? I don't know.

I took the purpose of the scene with the PS and the girls as spelling out the PS's purpose, killing those who distract Rhue from his search for Serena. As for the girls the guys are reffering to, I think Slade is referring to his mom, and as for Traziun, I have no idea. Its bothered me for awhile

For starters, who were the men that Jeruh took the sword from? One was dead, and one was silent. Any hints as to their identity?

Nothing concrete.

Also, if "Rhue" kills Jeruh before accepting his aura, which of these is true: did Rhue have the Shadow Sword, or did he simply have the ability to absorb auras?

He had the shadow sword, and he currently thought he was Midian.

What was Gauis's motives?

Other than being so enigmatic he makes Alex from Golden Sun look like an idiot? I have no idea. He probably has the last untainted Illuminati. He is working on both sides of the Guided rebellion, causing them to destroy themselves. He's Kalmar's perfect blade. He moonlights as a hardbringer and killed Entrego/Medmur. He can see peoples auras. What does any of this have to do with Rhue? beats me.
How did Traziun stabbing himself kill the Phantom Slasher?

Because... he... uhh... made the sword feel regret. or somthing.

Who were the voices telling Rhue to help them? Why did they make the PS sound like Serena?

That was Rhue's sword in a last ditch effort to keep Rhue from discovering the truth. Also, its Lun laughing at everyone who supported the absurd Serena is the PS theories before the release of EP6.

Could someone please tell me how to get this? I play each episode individually, without loading any past data (I only load the crappy stats). How would I get to the Lexus ending from there? I got the other two through it. Any idea on the third ending?

Assuming the crappy stats are good enough to unlock Lexus to begin with, you need to do that, buy the house and completely furnish it, and generally do everything possible to raise the Lexus relationship points to max. Especially doing the Val Para cafe scene perfectly.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby McPhearson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:15 pm

I've always been curious as to why the PS would want Rhue to continue looking for Serena... is it because his doing so sparks off a chain of deaths that, well, literally takes out half the cast. Slade, Cetsa, Kygar, Lyrra, Lexus... all those poor unfortunate souls. There was a point in which it even seemed like Lun was just having the characters die because he had made way too long of a cast list. :D

I would love to find out more about the two shadow men that Jeruh got the sword from. Even if they have absolutely nothing to do wit Rhue's storyline, I'd like to find out how they came to that place. And was it a Shadow Sword they had? I missed that part. I know that Midian Rhue had a Shadow Sword when he killed Jeruh, but did Jeruh have a Shadow Sword when he killed Serena? I doubt it, since he didn't end up absorbing her aura.

And Sage, could you please be a bit more specific about your Lexus ending suggestion? I don't want to have to go back to Ep 4 and play back till the end if I don't have to. I would rather unlock it through the Ep 6 standalone.

Thanks.
McPhearson
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:38 pm

I haven't used the crappy stats before, but provided they are good enough to unlock Lexus, you should be able to just start from episode 6
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby McPhearson » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:13 pm

I still don't know how to get it, or where to go? For example, to get the Reaches ending, you have to go off the main path and enter a metal door, whereas the Normal ending continues. Where do I go for the Lexus ending? Do I keep along the main path, or is there a seperate building I need to enter? Thanks for your help so far.
McPhearson
Wanderer

Postby PsychicK » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:39 pm

To get Lexus you need to go through the whole quest of furnishing the house. Once you've done that, just go ahead and finish the main story... At the very end you'll have an additional scene, at which you can choose the normal ending or Lexus ending.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:35 am

Oh, sorry, I didn't think about mentioning that part. Like PsychicK said, just beat the game normally and if you meet the requirements you'll trigger it. You'll get a choice to either stay with Lexus or leave, staying will continue the Lexus ending, while leaving will let you see the normal ending
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby McPhearson » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:58 am

PsychicK wrote:To get Lexus you need to go through the whole quest of furnishing the house. Once you've done that, just go ahead and finish the main story... At the very end you'll have an additional scene, at which you can choose the normal ending or Lexus ending.

Ah! I see... Thanks guys. Now the question is, what house? I got all the way through Ep 6, and never found an unfurnished house.
McPhearson
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Oh, then welcome to probably the longest side quest in episode 6. After you get Lexus, there's a house in the Southwest part of the city with a lady in a white dress and purple hair standing outside of it. You can buy the house for 3 heartstones. Then you gotta head over to Fwacho's (I hope you've seen the commercial for that) and start a big long sidequest to get a bunch of furniture needed for the house.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby McPhearson » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:18 am

Wow. Okay. One more question and I'll leave you alone.

Where do I get Lexus? I ran through Ep 6 fairly quick, but managed to get Slade. Where would Lexus be?

Thanks again. I would have posted this in the Help forum, but that hasn't been used since last year.
McPhearson
Wanderer

Postby Malefact » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:25 am

What was Gauis's motives?

Other than being so enigmatic he makes Alex from Golden Sun look like an idiot? I have no idea. He probably has the last untainted Illuminati. He is working on both sides of the Guided rebellion, causing them to destroy themselves. He's Kalmar's perfect blade. He moonlights as a hardbringer and killed Entrego/Medmur. He can see peoples auras. What does any of this have to do with Rhue? beats me.

How did Traziun stabbing himself kill the Phantom Slasher?

Because... he... uhh... made the sword feel regret. or somthing.

(Heh heh, like the comparison to Golden Sun.)

I thought that the reason Traziun stabbing himself worked was because he "short-circuited" the Shadow Sword - he absorbed his own aura again and again in some sort of crazy feedback loop which broke the sword.

McPhearson wrote:Wow. Okay. One more question and I'll leave you alone.

Where do I get Lexus? I ran through Ep 6 fairly quick, but managed to get Slade. Where would Lexus be?

Thanks again. I would have posted this in the Help forum, but that hasn't been used since last year.

I'm pretty sure the entrance to the Lexus side-dungeon begins with her gravestone, but I can't say I remember much more than that, other than there's a CRAZY switch puzzle and the most infuriating fish-escaping puzzle ever conceived.
Malefact
Plyn

Postby McPhearson » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Of course! I should have thought about visiting her grave. I even went right by there to enter the Witch's Forest. Dang. Thanks Malefact. Glad you back at the YouTube videos again. They're great. Anything helps when trying to get The Way out to the public.
McPhearson
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Ah, sorry, I keep assuming you know more than you do. Yeah, go to her grave and prepare for some 'fun'.

(Heh heh, like the comparison to Golden Sun.)

You really just can't trust those blue haired people.

I thought that the reason Traziun stabbing himself worked was because he "short-circuited" the Shadow Sword - he absorbed his own aura again and again in some sort of crazy feedback loop which broke the sword.

I dunno, Rhue didn't have any trouble absorbing his own aura back in Jopaga's lab (You know, besides the psychotic frenzied killing of almost everyone.) and subsequent times when he entered Dream Estrana (assuming that's how it works)
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Malefact » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:23 pm

I dunno, Rhue didn't have any trouble absorbing his own aura back in Jopaga's lab (You know, besides the psychotic frenzied killing of almost everyone.) and subsequent times when he entered Dream Estrana (assuming that's how it works)

Hmmmm. That's true... Still, the science behind auras is always so elusive that it's difficult to make any firm conclusions (nothing new there, then, heh). The fact that Traziun is the one using the sword makes things even more complicated.

Okay, some idle conjecture here:

Supposing Rhue (Jeruh dominant) realised what he was, and was determined to destroy the Sword and the Slasher by killing himself with it (let's say his rudimentary understanding of auras convinced him that this would work). What would happen? I'm guessing Jeruh's aura would be absorbed, and then his determination would mean he could inhabit Rhue again, but he'd still be killing himself, so Jeruh would be absorbed, and the whole thing would keep going like that. Would Rhue's body die? Would the sword break? Or would Rhue stay frozen in some crazy constant cycle of absorption for all time, like Ouroboros?

Sorry, I'm derailing the thread a bit here >.>
Malefact
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Well, looking back at the conversation with 'probably Trazuin's mom', it looks like shadow sword assisted suicide is a pretty common way for shadow sword wielder's to go:
The soul and body desperately begin to form new connections with the chaotic mass of invading auras which ends up driving the wielder into a state of multiple personality, suicidal madness. It's only a matter of time after this occurs that the wielder then kills themself, dispersing the auras and destroying the connections made to them by the shadow sword.

So pretty much we have to figure out the difference is in Traziun's case, and theres a bunch to pick from. He did it of his own free will, he was 'perfect blade canidate', whatever that implies, he recently had merged kinda sorta with his dad, he's weilded other shadow swords, or maybe its just because hes the single coolest person on The Way (I meen, who wouldn't feel regret killing Traziun).
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Next

Return to POST-EPISODE 6 Discussion