Modding - The Way

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Modding - The Way

Postby X-Calibar » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:47 am

Ahh ahaha, that would be me as well xD
I can't take any credit for the clip though... I just recorded it for Styles! I messaged him, and said... C'est Lavie! would be great on youtube don't you think? Want me to record it for you? lol

The rest is history~

PS... 60% finished with YU-NO...
Also watched an excellent anime today called Baccano! I highly recommend checking it out and marathoning it if you can :D
X-Calibar
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:14 pm

So wait you voiced Lavie or what
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby X-Calibar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh no, no, no... If you check the credits it should have names of the voice actors~I just recorded and encoded the videos for Admiral Styles.

Quite the let down huh? :P
I don't think I've ever voiced anything... mic is no good. I imagine it would be fun to voice a game... Too bad the voice project for The Way fell through...

btw, I just encoded another for Styles (This one has a "The Way" reference xD) :
Love and 24 skit
X-Calibar
Plyn

Postby Phantom Slasher » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 am

A few things I would have liked to see:

Playable plunges - Strata vs Cetsa, Traziun vs Kalmar, "Rhue" vs Jeruh at the end of episode 6

More of Dippy.

How Dirk met Scatha.

Why Strata is so powerful.
Phantom Slasher
Wanderer

Postby Koren The Wanderer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Phantom Slasher wrote:Why Strata is so powerful.

I think he's just a natural badass. There was nothing ever really special about him.
=]
Koren The Wanderer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Exiled » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:51 pm

I figured I'd take a whack at it so here's Abuta aka Gameover theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmvqPQvN58I

Hope you like it.
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Exiled » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Koren The Wanderer wrote:
Phantom Slasher wrote:Why Strata is so powerful.

I think he's just a natural badass. There was nothing ever really special about him.

How great would it be if Strata was looking for Rhue to possibly work for/train under him. To find out the man he's looking for is gone and is only a shadow of himself.
Maybe he was seeking Rhue in Ep1 to challenge the former Pharaphalyn. I really would like to have these questions answered, but at this point it's like shouting in the wind.
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

Nah, I like Strata to be leftthe way he is. Further attemp to try to add depth to his character imo would just suck and would seem too forced. like previously mentioned he's just a badass guy who happened to be met by the characters of the story.
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Lun did try to add depth to Strata, it ended up being so awkward he removed it.

I do wish his story had a conclusion though. As it stands now you have so much buildup at the end of EP5, then EP6 just doesn't get around to dealing with it.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby hero_bash » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:14 am

SPOILER:

Wasn't there a theory that Strata was the one who banged the woever was related to Slade(?)/guy with scars..which explains why he find him familiar on their first meeting.
Anyway, Strata reminds me of Mail Jeevas/Matt from Death Note. To those who have read the manga(not watched the anime - it's inferior). I don't know why but the way their characters are treated are much the same, not much appearance or dialogue, no backstory whatsoever, but still ends up as being I think more 'popular' than you would expect or something.
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Even if that theory is true, that's not really character depth though. That's just another Strata conquest. Speaking of that theory, it basically goes off the fact that Slade thinks he know Strata, and we never learn why. One theory is that he was the one who slept with Chasta/Scatha and set off that whole chain of events. Makes sense based on what all the characters are like, and gives a whole new depth to that Scatha/Lyrra scene. Problem is mainly with the characters ages. Particularly that we have no idea what any of their ages really are in relation to each other, but it certainly doesn't feel like it all fits, for whatever thats worth. Alternative theory says Slade recognized Strata because he thought he was Kygar, like Rhue does later. But if so you think Slade would have done something more along the lines of interrogating him about Cetsa's whereabouts.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby X-Calibar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 am

Still thinking of The Way time to time...

And tonight, just for fun, bumped up an image:
From the original 352x352 to 2000x2000.
X-Calibar
Plyn

Postby Tackarii » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Nice. Appreciated X-Calibar! I feel you on coming back again, time to time. Been years, still come back. Feel like I figure out a bit more each time though.
Tackarii
Wanderer

Postby Porter » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:14 pm

The Mod I would like to see downloadable is having all the battles removed so I can just relive the story.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Previous

Return to Estrana