Character break-down

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Amgard » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:34 pm

Shadow Swords

These swords are wierd buggers. Basically they're evil swords that seem to be able to possess their users. But Trazuin says one thing we have to take into account. He says the person basically decides how the sword works. If what we heard earlier is correct (Lyrra's sword was Kalmar's Shadow Sword, and it took her over) the sword feeds off emotion. Rhue's sword does this in 4 points I can remember.

1) Ballar's secret cave. He knocks Ghost Horror away. The trigger of emotion? I'm guessing it's when he say Cetsa acting so evil. Or maybe it was something with Scatha?

2) His sword shoots bolts of cool energy at Shadow Man. The trigger? He lost the fight, and for some reason, he was pretty pissed in the first place:

"OMG j)00 WANT 2 Taker Teh! Plungezor!? FINE!"

That's if he loses, of course.

3) Lyrra's sword. He kills Lyrra and knocks her sword away. Trigger? Large amounts of greif.

4) Fighting Kalmar. He's pretty annoyed/pissed Kalmar is being difficult and suggesting he kill his friends, so when they fight, he knocks him away and his mind is screaming "Kill him" over and over.

Trazuin also kept his "cool, slightly wimpy" composure going until he got close to his father, then he went all Burly Brawl on the ninjas and killed his dad. Trazuin was feeling pretty malicious. Not to mention Trazuin didn't have the normal faceset, but rather the slitted eyes one that leads me to believe he's stoned. Lyrra also does it. Overcome with pissed-offness, she chases Strata around for awhile. Now we see Lyrra isn't one to run around cutting up people, but there she was going to crazy house-wife mode and screaming. Definitely evidence, no?

And...why do everyone think Gaius has a Shadow Sword?

Anyway, we know Rhue's sword is called Aubuta, since Kalmar tells us so inconspicuously.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Cyberg-Ares » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:31 am

OverlordBill wrote:Hell. Hell hell hell.

And no one really knows that Gaius is the perfect blade. It's just that a lot of evidence points to it where there's not much to point to anyone else. And how are you to have a discussion unless you make assumptions.

Well, people can't just declarre that he is "the perfect blade". It's like when Kloe thanked Traziun for pulling her out of ther river. I could have sworn Kloe was Serena. And then it turns out completly different. Now I think shes

A: Dead, and Rhue come by her grave, and some dude tells him about how he pulled her out of the water, or found her on the beach, and before she died she said something like "I'm sorry Rhue.... ERHG..."

Or

B: Something About Lyrra, Jeruh, Midian and Rhue, and the two people who gave Rhue his sword.
Cyberg-Ares
Plyn

Postby Amgard » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:15 am

Well, people can't just declarre that he is "the perfect blade".

Well there's more than enough evidence.

1) He was a blood lyn

2) He left Delhara (There's a flashback with Kloe crying "OMG Y DID HE LEAF!?")

3) Kalmar is trying to make his "Perfect Blade". He failed with Trazuin, so he tried someone else.

4) Gaius was not hunted for leaving Delhara, suggesting he was allowed to leave

5) Traz even said "Is he your perfect blade!?"

6) He does things anti-Guided. And anything Anti-guided is Pro-Lyn.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:57 am

I think you shouldn't make assumptions, but if you make them, be prepared to have them smooshed in your face when it turns out otherwise.

About the swords, gaius didn't always have the same sword i beleive. Then you first have him in your group he has a generic slash animation.
Then later (think episode 5) he has the illuminati or the cosmic animation anyways it's blue and shiny and lots of sparkles.

Traziun also has a generic fighting animation at first, then when you kill all the lyns at dimensional black citadel thingy, he has more or less atoma animation i believe.

Rhue's sword "evolves" as he progresses, traziun teaches him how to bring forth the slasher aura, AFTER he had shed blood of Rosmar.
He gets Fire and Air when he Beheads Jed.
Lets see, he gets Aiounslough, Hatassar, Pandamaare and Illuminati. (Think those were the names) when he dukes it out with slade then big flashy explosion, Slade gets sword in gut, ps comes pulls out sword and returns it to Rhue.
He's had the Piercer from the very beginning, from where he first got his sword.

Rhue's sword is special, no doubt about it, Kalmar notices it and even knows its name. Perhaps it was Kalmar who was one of the shadow men giving Rhue his sword. Maybe Rhue is the Perfect blade, someone bound to Aubuta the greatest sword from childhood.

Rhue's sword could be Illuminati, but also Shadow Sword, Due to the many diverse auras it can accumulate.

I've believed that Rhue's sword is either a merged blade (Shadow + Illumi) or something greater, a balancing or equalizing blade.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:59 pm

I believe Traz's theory, simply because the swords only make their user act evil/do evil things when the user is at a point of heightened emotion.

And Gaius having a Shadow Sword is possible, as he's one of the higher ups in the power-chain, but there's no concrete evidence to support it other than an attack animation.

(Where did I make assumptions that got smushed in my face?)
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:19 pm

Oh, and anyone have any ideas on the Strata/Slade connection shown in Ep1?

There's no normal way. Strata is a Lyn, Slade is a Vigilante. Maybe Slade was once a Lyn (he can fight well, for one) and they met?
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:53 am

I don't have a clue, but you think it really mattered? I know Lun doesn't put stuff like ttat in for the hell of it, but maybe Strata has done other badass things in the past that Slade picked up on? Slade's out of the picture now, so any connections seem more and more unlikely. Or maybe he'll somehow show up in Dream Estrana and we'll get a clue there.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:52 am

He wouldn't, considering Rhue never killed him.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:26 am

well did rhue kill everyone that appears in dream estrana? no. not the bums in the shadow in.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby The Fly » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:30 am

wow confusing. can some1 remind me who Kalmar is? i forgot. oops. obviously as i am in ep4 i haven't seen my swords' *dramatic music* TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR

heh. but hey, it has given me something to look forward to. ;)
how many eps are there? in downloads it says five but u say 6?!?!?
The Fly
Plyn

Postby Berserker » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:06 am

I'm pretty sure Lyrra had a shadow sword. When Slade recovers from the injury, you can see the Ghost horror next him. Then, Lyrra runs in the room where the GH was and kills a blood lyn. And I don't think she COULD kill a blood lyn without a Shadow Sword, even if she wanted it.
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby The Fly » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:13 am

who is KalmaR>?!?!
The Fly
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:32 am

traz's dad, he's evil

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:23 pm

And utterly awesome.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:31 am

Telephalsion wrote:well did rhue kill everyone that appears in dream estrana? no. not the bums in the shadow in.

omg lek stfu n di ur an ignrant dumdum faggot

Have a more open mind... Between the possibility of him being the PS and his mysterious past, Rhue easily could have killed other people. Not that there's any other explanation, since Jed and Lexus have appeared there (Lexus was on a roof).
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana