Character break-down

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:12 am

gizmo you idiot, rhue gets stronger, why do you think you get the notch items for :P
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:28 am

Telephalsion wrote:gizmo you idiot, rhue gets stronger, why do you think you get the notch items for :P

Wow, when even Tele has worked it out, I think it's pretty obvious now.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:41 am

Ha, ha...
You know impossible i'm not as dum as you think.
(impossible would reply: "You're dummer")

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:49 pm

If Gaius isn't the PS, I'll bend over and kill Bill's ass, I promise
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:19 am

Erm you might want to take that back...

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:39 am

Telephalsion wrote:Ha, ha...
You know impossible i'm not as dum as you think.
(impossible would reply: "You're dummer")

Actually, if he were to do that... he'd make a spelling error that would be worthy of killing himself over.

Amgard wrote:If Gaius isn't the PS, I'll bend over and kill Bill's ass, I promise

Well... it looks like there is a pretty good chance you'll be killing Bill's ass.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:21 am

Unfortunately, l and s are on opposite sides of the keyboard, so we can't make a good case for him to kiss Bill's ass.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:05 pm

I neglected a ton of characters I should've done.

Now comes the love-interest girls, which by second look, all are COMPLETELY INSANE

Lexus

First off: She's pretty much dead. Her whole scene wasn't for some grand ressurection. She may appear in Dream Estrana however. But all she could reveal is maybe some Ariastotzi stuff (Like I stated earlier, Gaius may have employed them)

As a character, she was one of Rhue's more blatant love interests. She comes right along and picks him up out of the water. Then we have Sorya's confession that Lexus is a fake and did it all to become more like Dancing Violet. She fights like her, started her own version of the Scarves, and so on. Both arguements seem interesting, but for the sake of cliche, I'd have to say she genuinely fell for Rhue (by asking about his past, and becoming disheartened during her plunge because he left)

Lyrra

Lyrra is a little unhinged. You would be too if you say a bunch of kids get torn apart by some crazy dudes. She has this warped perception of reality that everything follows her like a story, and she's the central character. She does this to avoid her tragic childhood (which was pretty ****ed up). Who does she find at the end of EP1? Rhue, and it's quite obvious she had the hots for him. He basically fit her stereotype of the hero-figure. Then again, Rhue blew it when he sliced up Rosmar, so they parted ways.

Cut to Ep3. She's hooked up with Strata and he also fits her stereotypical hero-archtype. So she's basically constructed this world where she's the distressed maiden looking for her father and this uber-hero will sweep down and kick some monster ass.

Cut to the break-up. Lyrra is disheartened, but she still has her story talk. Scatha breaks the news to her (That Lyrra is a nutjob) and Lyrra, from then on to her death, stops talking about stories. She actually becomes more of a realist at that point (and sadistic, but that's realistic, neh?).

Cut to her death. Back to Story-talk, showing she's back to her "true" self (Or her crazy self temporarily masked by her normal-crazy self). She's out of the character interaction, but it's pretty evident, as the only witness of Landorin, she can reveal to Rhue (in dream Estrana) what happened.

Kloe

Kloe, like every other girl, has some insanity issues. This time it's attachment issues. She kills Ballar for appearing to have cheated on her (Gaius reveals this in a very cool flashback vision), she still loves Gaius even though Gaius hates her, and she's even going as far to want to be killed by Gaius.

But otherwise, she's kind of detatched and depressed some times, and begins to get the hots for Rhue. What will happen to her?

-Gaius will probably kill her

-Gaius will spare her because even though he's threatened her, he hasn't actually shown any notion of violence

-Rhue will reconstruct her frail mind with some TLC

Cetsa

The least crazy of the ladies, and thank God. I was wondering if The Way was one giant mental institution for chicks and the men were forced to put up with them.

Cetsa is sort of an anti-villain. She's a bitch, she's a criminal, but at the same time, she has a good side deep down there, under all that evil bitchyness. She admitted she doesn't like to kill. She's a major character because half of Ep3 and ALL of Ep4 is about saving her stupid ass. She also seems to have this wierd connection with the other girls:

Kloe: We see they were child-hood friends, but Cetsa was the greedier one and pushed Kloe into a river for a necklace. (Or maybe Cetsa saved Kloe from the river, demanded the necklace...then pushed her back in? O_o)

Lyrra: For some reason, she spared her. I'm not saying she knew Lyrra, but it's likely that she doesn't like killing defenseless, psychotic girls.

Cetsa's big role in EP5 is avoiding Rhue's interrogations about Serena. Scatha brings us into the light by telling Cetsa that Cetsa is only avoiding Rhue's prodding because she thinks it's romantic to be the subject of Rhue's adventure. She's got the same "fantasy" problem as Lyrra. So she ALSO has the hots for Rhue (Rhue is hereby a dumbass).

Her death was easily the worst-timed death ever. The precise moment she decides to become good, she gets stabbed. Kind of like the movie Scarface. She gets all this great stuff for being evil, but one good deed and BAM! Shotgun blas- I mean sword to the stomach. But is she really dead? We just see her with a sword wound in her stomach. Though that's pretty deadly, we note that most of the heroes are hanging around that area, and she's probably not going to die (I think Strata might save her).
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:10 pm

The Harbringer and Medmur/Entrego

The Harbringer is around for maybe 5 minutes, but people don't shut up about him. Is he Gaius? I dunno. What's the evidence towards this?

Though if it's true he is, he killed Medmur/Entrego, despite being a shady dealer himself. I think Gaius hired Entrego to further his anti-Guided plot. Medmur had the Vigilante, which opposed the Guided, AND he had the Ariastotzi, which dug up dirt on Sacrifa, destroyed a "Sacrifa funded" project, and eliminated Medmur's superior: Zeddicus, so Medmur could assume power.

Then we can go even further. Gaius/Harbringer had a lot of loose ends to tie up in Estrana. Namely the whole damn city. Which leads me to believe that Gaius/Harbringer is directly responsible for Sacrifa's destruction of Estrana. It's a big stretch, but it's totally possible as well. Think about it.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:45 am

If cetsa survives, I wonder what will be her attitude towards rhue.

(I think Strata might save her).

Maybe he saves her just if you beat him (just wondering).
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:21 am

Scatha breaks the news to her (That Lyrra is a nutjob)

:lol:
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:44 pm

Beserker: Well remember she owes him for losing to him in a plunge. While he's walking down that road of defeat, she may be lying down along the way. :)
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:23 pm

Just a small comment on Cesta, I remember reading about this...or was it I that posted it? Don't remember, I know it should be on the board or the old one somewhere...back on topic.

Okay, in episode 4, Cesta (locked up in the tall tower) says, "How did I get here? How did I end up like this? Where did it all begin....What am I saying, I'll never forget it. The pendant. When I got the stupid pendant. That's when it all began... Stupid thing!" Now, that kinda says that the pendant is what corrupted Cesta and turned her "evil". Like it's when she got the pendant that she became a thief/murderer/etc. But, when she throws the pendant away in Episode 5, she becomes...nice. She is no longer evil. Perhaps it's the pendant that's evil, kinda like a shadow sword corrupting Lyrra (I am assuming this - it is up for debate whether shadow sword corrupt people or not). The only thing I don't get is why that pendant used to belong to Serena. Wouldn't it have corrupted her too? Though it COULD be a differnt pendant (not likely, both Rhue and Scatha thinks it's the same pendant). One more thing to add - Kloe and Cesta might have been affected by the corruptness of the pendant (think the One Ring in The Lord of the Rings) and that's why they were fighting over it when they were young. Except the fact that Kloe didn't seem to be effected by the pendant when she encounters Cesta again. Well, the pendant doesn't seem to have corrupted anybody else for that matter.

Here's a really stupid, dumb, wild idea: what if it was the pendant that caused the Landorin massacre? Maybe "Serena" was corrupted by the pendant and...er...summoned beings from the Pits, which attacked everybody on the Landorin Stretch. Well, if they were "spirits" or something they would've left no tracks. Maybe Rhue's memory have been soon...muddled that Serena was actually evil or something, and he was there not to protect her but to attack her or something.

Okay, I really need to get some sleep, it's past midnight and I'm rambling stupid idiotic ideas.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:46 am

SpaceBoy2000 wrote:Just a small comment on Cesta, I remember reading about this...or was it I that posted it? Don't remember, I know it should be on the board or the old one somewhere...back on topic.

Okay, in episode 4, Cesta (locked up in the tall tower) says, "How did I get here? How did I end up like this? Where did it all begin....What am I saying, I'll never forget it. The pendant. When I got the stupid pendant. That's when it all began... Stupid thing!" Now, that kinda says that the pendant is what corrupted Cesta and turned her "evil". Like it's when she got the pendant that she became a thief/murderer/etc. But, when she throws the pendant away in Episode 5, she becomes...nice. She is no longer evil. Perhaps it's the pendant that's evil, kinda like a shadow sword corrupting Lyrra (I am assuming this - it is up for debate whether shadow sword corrupt people or not). The only thing I don't get is why that pendant used to belong to Serena. Wouldn't it have corrupted her too? Though it COULD be a differnt pendant (not likely, both Rhue and Scatha thinks it's the same pendant). One more thing to add - Kloe and Cesta might have been affected by the corruptness of the pendant (think the One Ring in The Lord of the Rings) and that's why they were fighting over it when they were young. Except the fact that Kloe didn't seem to be effected by the pendant when she encounters Cesta again. Well, the pendant doesn't seem to have corrupted anybody else for that matter.

Here's a really stupid, dumb, wild idea: what if it was the pendant that caused the Landorin massacre? Maybe "Serena" was corrupted by the pendant and...er...summoned beings from the Pits, which attacked everybody on the Landorin Stretch. Well, if they were "spirits" or something they would've left no tracks. Maybe Rhue's memory have been soon...muddled that Serena was actually evil or something, and he was there not to protect her but to attack her or something.

Okay, I really need to get some sleep, it's past midnight and I'm rambling stupid idiotic ideas.

Dude...actually that's an amazing idea. It really made me think about that damn pendant (Jewlery in RPGs are important).

Good job.

Actually, it gave me the idea that the Landorin Massacre may be very Silent Hill 2-ish. I mean that in the sense that Rhue exclaims it to be a very long time ago, but in fact it may just be a few short years.

Think about it. Rhue seems rather old, and would be the same age as Gaius and Trazuin (years above 18, since that's the graduation age at Delhara), yet Lyrra seems a lot younger, maybe 16-18. The Landorin massacre could be a few short years before the game began, and Rhue was there to...kill Serena? If the "beast" was Rhue, he wouldn't have chased two kids along a forest just to finish a really sloppy kill job unless the person they were chasing was signifigant enough (Villains aren't evil for the sake of being evil).

It's possible the Killer Rhue was chasing Serena and a boy...we'll call him Jeruh for now. Gaius was his 'backup' on this job. So they came on Jeruh defending Serena at the shore, and Gaius knocks Serena into the water, convinced she's finished. Then they double-team Jeruh, and kill him. Like Gaius said in Ep2 "Does he even remember that one person we killed? Though I suppose he gets most of the credit for that".

Rhue gets the credit, oh yeah... But in the process, he kills a very emotionally-strong Jeruh, and absorbs his Aura. Jeruh-Rhue finds himself in... Rhue's body. With the strength of Jeruh's emotion, it becomes a literal part of Rhue's mind. Rhue is now a kid trapped in a man's body. To clear things up, he convinces himself that he's been searching for Serena for a longer time than in reality. How else could his mind explain how he's 20+? He could've been wandering for a few short years looking for a dead/alive Serena with a former companion following him at his heels (I think Gaius staged his "injury" to try and remind Rhue who he was), and his hidden "killer" Rhue aura may be the PS. But then again, Gaius may be the PS as well.

And we'll know if Serena is alive once Rhue confronts Tetzel.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:41 pm

Hmm, more crazy ideas from me. Might as well blurt it out:

Okay, we know the Kalmar has a "perfect" blade, most likely Gaius. Now, is it quite a strecth to think that the Guided, who are opposed to the Blana Sera, would develop their own ultimate warrior as well? I think that the Phantom Slasher and the Harbringer could be the "perfect" blade of the Guided or the Blana Sera (which mean that Gaius would be one of 'em....we've heard this way enough times. Moving on..). Just a random thought.

I personally like the "Silent Hill 2" theory. There is an actual mental...illeness known as the Korsakoff's psychosis, which a person, who is unaware he/she is amnesic and would make up a story to fill in the gaps in his/her memory. Not that they purposely make up a story, because they would really belief in their own story. Usually cause by brain damage/trauma to the frontal limbic region. Note that the story is usually generated not by random, but by what his/her mind subconciously wants. Perhaps Rhue was affected by some sort of brain trauma, and his mind (as a defense mechanism) shuts off those memories. The holes in his memory are filled in by stories that he makes up (hence why you could choose things like how Serena acts, her hair colour, etc). Since Rhue/you get to choose what Serena is like, it be almost as if Rhue was choosing his perfect girlfreind which he subconciously wants.

Switching gears, about Lexus, I would believe that Sorya was right to a degree - Lexus was initially attracted to Rhue in order to become more like the Dancing Violet. But I also believe that she fell for Rhue, and that it was not all an illusion, that she really did love Rhue. By the way, I think Rhue is really clueless of the girls around him. Come on, one girl he could over look, two he could shrug off, but THREE?!?!?! (Not counting Lexus, I think he MIGHT have noticed her.)
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana